LSAF 2020-New Place, New Date...June 5, 6 and 7

I received an email today 11/21/2019,

https://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=22575
http://lonestaraudiofest.com/

Embassy Suites Galleria in Dallas, Texas
Address: 14021 Noel Rd, Dallas, TX 75240
Phone: (972) 364-3640
Reserve your room early. The cutoff date is May 15th, 2020. You will want to have reserved your room long before that date. After that date, there is no guarantee you will be placed on the same floor(s) as the rest of the LSAF exhibitors.

The cost will be $120.00 per night
Parking charge is waived for LSAF exhibitors and attendees

Hope to see you there
--Ron
2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I am waiting on American Cancer Society dates for their fundraisers to know if I am able to go.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Much better location. Countless better places to lunch and dine as well, so much more. And Enjoy 635 and it’s design.

Heck yeah, excited!
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    halen wrote: »
    Much better location. Countless better places to lunch and dine as well, so much more. And Enjoy 635 and it’s design.

Heck yeah, excited!

Me too...but isn't like 4-5 miles west of the old place? Hehe
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    It is. But 635 along the new place was completely re-done. Pretty nice.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    traffic from h3ll.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Still in my neck of the woods, I'm good with it!
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    hope the breakfast is good.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Why in the.....
    Different dates?...

Oh, hell....Let me ask the boss. Gotta go changin' ****, don't you?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ZLTFUL
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Why in the.....
    Different dates?...

Oh, hell....Let me ask the boss. Gotta go changin' ****, don't you?

Tom

Too close to AXPONA was hurting attendance from both the exhibitors and the spectators.
    At least that is how I understood the conversations at the end of last year's event.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    I hope I can make it next year.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • erniejade
    erniejade wrote: »
    I am waiting on American Cancer Society dates for their fundraisers to know if I am able to go.

No dice. I have 2 gigs that weekend for ACS.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • treitz3
    I should be able to make it this year.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ZLTFUL

Tom

I'll bring the pasties for whoever has to share a room with you.

• treitz3
    You volunteering big boy?

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Tom

I'll bring the pasties for whoever has to share a room with you.

Wouldn’t AssLessChaps be more appropriate?
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• treitz3
    Naw, that's Russ' room. He prefers the chaps.

Tom
  • ZLTFUL
    I am volunteering to bring the pasties. I am *NOT* volunteering to wear them. I will have my own room with armed guards and a VERY strict all clothes, all the time rule.

• txcoastal1
    Come on, pasties and kilt?😝

• marvda1
    we need to try this at lone star.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7F93b2rTvQ
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    Oh HELL no. You craizie mahn!!!

Tom
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    marvda1 wrote: »
    we need to try this at lone star.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7F93b2rTvQ

Not even if you paid my way there, included all expenses, and handed me $1000 cash for spending money. :s
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • treitz3
    Any update with LSAF and that beer thing going around?

Tom
  • marvda1
    might be too hot for the virus then.
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    SxSW cancelled

• erniejade
    Have they announced new dates or is it still on for the first week of June?
  • ZLTFUL
    As of right now, it is still on but I would keep an eye on the website as I don't think it is going to happen unless a LOT changes with the COVID thing.

• voltz
    looking at my schedule, there isn't anyway I can see them letting me off....
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• treitz3
    I will most likely pass for this year, gentlemen. We'll catch up on season 2 for the 2021 lineup.

Tom
  • voltz
    I understand Tom, I will miss seeing you and Ryan and all the them there Texas Clan! and those North Carolina dudes and Iowa and Illinois folks! any all others I have trouble remembering where the heck they came from or crawled from ;)

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    I sure hope they have it. I currently have reservations for Friday and Saturday.

I won’t be bringing any equipment but wife and I are looking forward to spending the weekend.

I also don’t want you guys to forget I have a vendor who says he is going to make a special appearance and can’t wait to see some of us.

Could be the first real event of the new world...
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables