Sound & Vision reviews the Legend L800

Options
124»

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
    The only sensible solution is to put both the LEFT and RIGHT speakers in ONE BOX! Jeez, do I have to think of EVERYTHING? >:)
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2019
    Options
    what if you are a descendant of Van Gogh?
    :p

this stinks :/

*some assembly required.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    The only sensible solution is to put both the LEFT and RIGHT speakers in ONE BOX! Jeez, do I have to think of EVERYTHING? >:)

Now that would be one hell of a box!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Inspector 24
    Options
    There’s a simple solution here. Two part numbers, big letters with left and right, and checking the damn boxes when shipping and receiving.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Available from Amazon..."Fins to The Left, Right Stickers Vinyl Decals". Polk or dealers buy in bulk and they slap them on the boxes. Audio solution for an audio problem. Added bonus...Jimmy Buffet approved!
    v9wugipn4bw0.png
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    JayCee wrote: »
    Available from Amazon..."Fins to The Left, Right Stickers Vinyl Decals". Polk or dealers buy in bulk and they slap them on the boxes. Audio solution for an audio problem. Added bonus...Jimmy Buffet approved!
    v9wugipn4bw0.png

We have a friend with two bumper stickers on his Subaru. The driver's side sticker says "CLOWNS" and the passenger's side sticker says "JOKERS". B)

https://youtu.be/ln7Vn_WKkWU
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The Stealers Wheel song would be good SDA material, with the RIGHT speakers. And two ears. I would post the Reservoir Dogs version but it's getting close to supper time.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited November 2019
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    JayCee wrote: »
    v9wugipn4bw0.png

We have a friend with two bumper stickers on his Subaru. The driver's side sticker says "CLOWNS" and the passenger's side sticker says "JOKERS".

That's awesome. A bit off topic from L/R...I don't do bumper stickers on my cars but have one above the swim platform of my boat. Saw Blues Traveler years ago and picked up a round version of this.
    oz7mv0s9m3bj.png

Smallish and minimal but conveys, "too cool but not too serious" on the water. Boat people humor.

If I saw Clowns/Jokers on a car It'd make me smile!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Viking64
    Options
    We have a friend with two bumper stickers on his Subaru. The driver's side sticker says "CLOWNS" and the passenger's side sticker says "JOKERS". B)

I saw this guy who had a bumper sticker on his trunk lid that said "I'm Your Backdoor Man". I asked him if he was a Doors fan and he said he never heard of them. :o:o:o
  • Viking64
    Options
    well... I mean... you know...

After seeing the look in his eye, three words that I simply could not utter were "Willie", "Dixon", and "Howlin". :o
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Wolf was OK, though?

B)
  • Viking64
    Options
    Wolf was OK, though?

B)

Hey, I'm an Accept fan. What can I say? B)

z71x3j5rp5wv.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Ball to the wall man!!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I was thinkin' of...

p2y980h8m4b8.png

or maybe even...

h6pt71lr1qr7.png

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    wolfman Jack AHOOO
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Want to hear Maynard from Tool sing Balls to the Wall with his own flair? Sure you do.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n54JCzvMiWk
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2019
    Options
    OK... you give me no alternative... the Nuclear Option.
    Peter Wolf and the real Bad Boys from Boston.

https://youtu.be/x0kszci6GRY

... but I digress...

• ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    Oh well,a couple glitches here and there but they'll sort out the process of shuffling Left and right into the future.Double checking and larger restamping i guess
    "These are the best speakers polk has ever made and they Will and should do what the good old big boys can do and even better!"
    All comes down to placement ,equipment and room acoustics now.
    I can't wait to hear them which will be months away here down under.