• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    Options
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    TennMan wrote: »
    Redneck wrote: »
    pulled schematics from the link that polk audio sent me from the forums on the crossovers and am letting my friend from work build them for me didn't buy completed crossovers and letting my friend build them for me, he has a lot more experience with electronics than i do.the company we work for Delta M is a R and D facility we make high precision measurement equipment for nuclear reactors around the world and make a few items for Nasa burn off sensors to measure the rocket temps as they take off my boss used to tell me we are the only company in the world that does what we do thought it was all BS but me and the newer employees are all learning from the old heads to take over there positions when they retire so it is constant on the job training.but the speakers are discontinued from the site i am going to order them from said they would be back in production this month for making the replica or equivalent speakers as far as the pioneers go there is a guy who has a thread for making them real 4 way speakers.

As a native Tennessean who lives near Oak Ridge I want everyone to know it is embarrassing to see someone that lives and works in Oak Ridge, one of the most technologically advanced cities in the world, writing and sounding like a 5th grader in a chat room. He is NOT representative of the people who live in this area and he should be ashamed of making us look like fools with his BS.

I will not read or respond to any more of these childish posts. I hope everyone here will do the same. Maybe that will convince him to start acting like the intelligent person he claims to be or he will go away.

Good post. Redneck is a moron. End of discussion.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Come on boys! Give our new friend @Redneck a break! He, after all, shares the same passion as well do!

I believe we all have our little quirks and idiosyncrasies, some of which on full display here on CP! :)

In my biz, I deal with partners all over the globe. And yes, the primary language used is English! The folks I deal with have varying levels of skills when it comes to articulating it. It amazes me that even today some of my colleagues get frustrated after all these years dealing with global partners!

I've found the key to communication is listening. Deciphering through the grammar, syntax, slang, punctuation, and understanding the point of what the person is trying to say.

Rock on! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Redneck
    Options
    Jesus Christ we all know my punctuation fu***** sucks give it a rest or is that how you get off by belittling people. I am here for speaker advice, not English lessons
  • Redneck
    Options
    Damn, Tennman that was harsh this is the one reason I don't post on the net very often. I try to keep **** comments to myself I was taught if you have nothing nice to say keep it to yourself.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    After thinking about it I agree that it was harsh. Maybe too harsh and I apologize for that. You said you are here seeking speaker advice. Since the advice you're getting is free I don't think it's asking too much for you to add punctuation to your posts so we can read them. You just demonstrated in your last two posts that you are perfectly capable of doing it when you want to so why not do it?
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • windstriker
    Options
    TennMan wrote: »
    After thinking about it I agree that it was harsh. Maybe too harsh and I apologize for that. You said you are here seeking speaker advice. Since the advice you're getting is free I don't think it's asking too much for you to add punctuation to your posts so we can read them. You just demonstrated in your last two posts that you are perfectly capable of doing it when you want to so why not do it?

and if u dont like how he writes y even respond to this thread i used to think cp was friendly and accepting my opinion on that is changing
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,926
    Options
    I think spaces are overrated as well...

whyareyoustirringthepot@windstriker

🤔 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Options
    Come to think of it, spelling is overrated...

wyrusturingtheputwindstrykur
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFox
    Options
    This thread is attracting the stupid people like flies to human excrement. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Hey @BlueFox, it’s Friday! Why are you even wasting time when you could be downing beers 🍻 in front of those beautiful Magico’s?
    Alea jacta est!
  • BlueFox
    Options
    I am in the hospital since last Wednesday a week ago. I hope to get out Monday, and when I do I am changing my life. Maybe 1-2 Friday’s of beer a month, if that. I might even sell the stereo, but I need to get better before making that decision.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Y'all have been harsh lately. :p

Good luck on getting the 10s up and running, do let us know how they turn out in the end.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,596
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I am in the hospital since last Wednesday a week ago. I hope to get out Monday, and when I do I am changing my life. Maybe 1-2 Friday’s of beer a month, if that. I might even sell the stereo, but I need to get better before making that decision.

Hope you get discharged soon, Bud. Let me know if you need me to go check up on your cats.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Redneck wrote: »
    https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-cs-k735-transformation-to-hi-fi.423947/ here is the link may try this he seals up the woofers and makes them real 4 way speakers to me these pioneers sound great cant wait to hear what these polks sound like since guy said they will blow the pioneers away people in my apartment build may not like me after i get them working lol

Don't get me wrong, a lot of folks over at AK are smart dudes/dudettes. HOWEVER there are some that do kooky things and swear it sounds better. I think most of that is they don't want to admit failure or it does sound better...but a polished **** is still a ****.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Jajaja t_u_r_d is censored?! Nice...

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    WTF? That is deserving of it's own thread and you just casually drop that bomb in the middle of a random thread.

• codycatalist
    Options

Hope you recover quickly Bud.

• BlueFox
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Hope you get discharged soon, Bud. Let me know if you need me to go check up on your cats.

Thanks. I appreciate that. All that is under control. I hope. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • windstriker
    windstriker Posts: 136
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Come to think of it, spelling is overrated...

wyrusturingtheputwindstrykur

Not trying to stir the pot. Just saying that when somebody asks for help, maybe you shouldn't kick them instead.
  • rebelsoul
    Options
    sell the other speakers and put the money to polks