found on side of road for trash pick up

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,631
    Options
    Redneck wrote: »
    i have done a generalized search for replacement voice coils,do i need specific ones. I want it to be as close or better than stock and can not find anything for drop in replacements for this specific model. I can only find sites with them wanting to know specific dia of voice coil to replace. I do not own a set of calipers can anyone give me the diameter or the voice coil i need to buy or send me a link for a good a reliable source.

Dude you're making it so hard on yourself. Buy some used woofers and go easy on yourself. Many of us had to do the same. unless you build woofers for a living it's not something you want to tackle by yourself for the first time it's really involving.
    MW6500 do not come up often so get while the getting is good or you may end up sol
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Cats are fluid.
    :o

mwa0vcapv52r.jpg

Sick.... Funny, but sick.

BTW, I'm a cat person.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Cats are fluid.
    :o

mwa0vcapv52r.jpg

Sick.... Funny, but sick.

BTW, I'm a cat person.

well then how do they taste ? hehehehehe :D
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    i have done a generalized search for replacement voice coils,do i need specific ones. I want it to be as close or better than stock and can not find anything for drop in replacements for this specific model. I can only find sites with them wanting to know specific dia of voice coil to replace. I do not own a set of calipers can anyone give me the diameter or the voice coil i need to buy or send me a link for a good a reliable source.

Dude you're making it so hard on yourself. Buy some used woofers and go easy on yourself. Many of us had to do the same. unless you build woofers for a living it's not something you want to tackle by yourself for the first time it's really involving.
    MW6500 do not come up often so get while the getting is good or you may end up sol

Not only that, but finding a replacement coil is only half the job, then there's the surround and spider that need to match as well (if rebuilding the cone) and aligning everything, which means construction of a jig... Totally not for the uninitiated.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,013
    Options
    The voicecoils may be fine, and only require repairing shifted magnets. I live in TN just like Redneck, and offered my help on the first page of this thread, but oh well.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,135
    Options
    The comments on my punctuation are not appreciated i know my punctuation sucks i made 130k a year making nuclear thermocouples and other parts for Nasa and other countries never had to worry about punctuation just had to know the science and math and i have 2 masters degrees just skimmed by in english so you don't have to point out my weekness already know it plus was asking about help with speakers not an english lesson.

I'm not buying a word of this. You need to have a strong command of the English language, oral and written, to be involved with nuclear engineering. The only nuclear you have been around is an atomic phart after a trip to Taco Bell.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    Options
    @Redneck: start responding w/out spaces or punctuation. Then we’ll experience trying to read the second century papyri. Fortunately for us you write in English. Those papyri were written under duress, in Koine Greek.

Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Redneck
    Options
    Hey just found a set of functional pioneer speaker's have a few Nick's and one of the sides for the speaker cover is broken but speaker's sound amazingsqa8m8rf73wn.jpg
    jj5tqbml1u12.jpg
    wcbps3uo5hjw.jpg
    69s1ms3qfwgh.jpg
  • Redneck
    Options
    Only thing that I can think of that makes any kind of sense is pissed off girlfriend threw them out or something because nothing wrong with.speakers
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    Options
    I know my exwife would have. But then again she liked Bose :smiley:
    Randy/Maine
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,022
    Options
    Congrats.

Rock-on. B)

Keep looking.
    You might find something better later. :) My neighbor found a set of very nice B&W towers one day. B) missing one grill but hey, B&Ws on the side of the road! I'd pick em up too. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • krazypolk
    Options
    Under my current money situation, finding speakers on the side of the road is the only way for me to get new speakers.
  • Tony M
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Under my current money situation, finding speakers on the side of the road is the only way for me to get new speakers.

I hope that changes soon. ;)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,095
    Options
    Found a big (-ish) screen CRT TV on the side of the road today -- said it was working, but even I have my limits.

B)

• krazypolk
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

Seems like it all got sideways when I picked up my second DUI last year. Still trying to catch up financially.
  • Tony M
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

Seems like it all got sideways when I picked up my second DUI last year. Still trying to catch up financially.

I went through 3 of them.
    That was 30 to 40 years ago though BUT they did cost me a lot of $$$ also. I didn't deserve any of them either! I shouldn't have been out drinking A LITTLE on Friday or Saturday nights either!

It took me a long time to get above ground.

My DUIs came every 3 frikn years...like clock work! Then I had to start all over again. :s Fredericksburg and Stafford Co. police can go to …. as far as I'm concerned. When the lock-up cops call BS on the arresting officer, you know you've been screwed!
    Those are the main reasons I live here in NC. for the past 30+ years. ;)

But I quit drinking for the most part 30 years ago because of a bar-room fight, so there hasn't been but one chance to get pulled over and sure enough, a cop followed me for about 3 miles on the way home from work one night. The only time I had a beer or 2 with the guys before coming home. THE ONLY TIME! :s:D
    Is that crazy or what!?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Found a big (-ish) screen CRT TV on the side of the road today -- said it was working, but even I have my limits.

B)

CRTs are big in the retro gaming scene. Especially Sony Trinitron models.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,659
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

B)

My first HD TV was a 36in Sony. Weighed like 300#...
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

B)

My first HD TV was a 36in Sony. Weighed like 300#...

I had a commercial 42" Sony CRT Monitor I got from work for free. It took like an hour to get it upstairs for the kids to game on. When it went bad I rolled it off the roof, when it hit the ground and EXPLODED.... ALL the neighbors came out to see where the BOMB went off and who's house was missing..... FUN TIMES :D:D:D
    GOD IT WAS LOUD....
  • windstriker
    Options
    So now that you found the Pioneers, are you still going to continue restoring the Polks?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    So now that you found the Pioneers, are you still going to continue restoring the Polks?

boy, I would, were it me.
    Those Pioneer loudspeakers are... well... I am trying to be diplomatic, here...
  • windstriker
    Options
    boy, I would, were it me.
    Those Pioneer loudspeakers are... well... I am trying to be diplomatic, here...

Ya completely agree... The Pioneers would work as garage speakers but... Even if he just fixed the woofers, those Polks should blow those pioneers out of the water.... If he went down the upgrade path......
  • Redneck
    Options
    I want to get the polks working i have ordered some upgraded crossovers and mid-ranges. I am still going to rebuild the original voicecoils in the mids seems easy enough after i have done some research on it.
  • windstriker
    Options
    Where did u order the crossovers from?
  • Redneck
    Options
    pulled schematics from the link that polk audio sent me from the forums on the crossovers and am letting my friend from work build them for me didn't buy completed crossovers and letting my friend build them for me, he has a lot more experience with electronics than i do.the company we work for Delta M is a R and D facility we make high precision measurement equipment for nuclear reactors around the world and make a few items for Nasa burn off sensors to measure the rocket temps as they take off my boss used to tell me we are the only company in the world that does what we do thought it was all BS but me and the newer employees are all learning from the old heads to take over there positions when they retire so it is constant on the job training.but the speakers are discontinued from the site i am going to order them from said they would be back in production this month for making the replica or equivalent speakers as far as the pioneers go there is a guy who has a thread for making them real 4 way speakers.
  • Redneck
    Options
    https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pioneer-cs-k735-transformation-to-hi-fi.423947/ here is the link may try this he seals up the woofers and makes them real 4 way speakers to me these pioneers sound great cant wait to hear what these polks sound like since guy said they will blow the pioneers away people in my apartment build may not like me after i get them working lol
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    z51g1tci4q6p.jpeg

I believe NASA has an embargo on the excessive use of periods and paragraphing in their technical documents. Maximizes fuel efficiency in space probes, I suppose.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    pulled schematics from the link that polk audio sent me from the forums on the crossovers and am letting my friend from work build them for me didn't buy completed crossovers and letting my friend build them for me, he has a lot more experience with electronics than i do.the company we work for Delta M is a R and D facility we make high precision measurement equipment for nuclear reactors around the world and make a few items for Nasa burn off sensors to measure the rocket temps as they take off my boss used to tell me we are the only company in the world that does what we do thought it was all BS but me and the newer employees are all learning from the old heads to take over there positions when they retire so it is constant on the job training.but the speakers are discontinued from the site i am going to order them from said they would be back in production this month for making the replica or equivalent speakers as far as the pioneers go there is a guy who has a thread for making them real 4 way speakers.

As a native Tennessean who lives near Oak Ridge I want everyone to know it is embarrassing to see someone that lives and works in Oak Ridge, one of the most technologically advanced cities in the world, writing and sounding like a 5th grader in a chat room. He is NOT representative of the people who live in this area and he should be ashamed of making us look like fools with his BS.

I will not read or respond to any more of these childish posts. I hope everyone here will do the same. Maybe that will convince him to start acting like the intelligent person he claims to be or he will go away.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet