Possible power outage for next two days

Comments

• Houston is like one of worse areas for flooding now. They destroyed the natural buffer zones being the salt marsh areas and built on them. And those are right at sea level I believe.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Houston is like one of worse areas for flooding now. They destroyed the natural buffer zones being the salt marsh areas and built on them. And those are right at sea level I believe.

At least they got to lose the World Series. :#
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Doesn't matter if a red or blue state, public safety it seems gets pushed down for money and agendas in all of them. California just happens to be a shinning example of it.

Steve made a good point , you can't fix a problem if you can't honestly look at the cause. Which should transcend politics when public safety is involved.....should....but never does. I don't think one among us would argue that when it comes to public safety politics should be left out of the solutions. We just can't seem to get that message to those making policy for those solutions.

Really shouldn't be hard , we all use problem solving skills in our everyday lives. You look for the common denominators and start eliminating one by one until it becomes obvious.

First one must admit that a problem even exists. Then must have the will to solve it. Then, not let outside influences determine the solutions. Not sure California has moved beyond the fist step.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Red, blue, left or right. just doesn't matter.

For CA it's more the enviro ****. They keep law suits every time they start clearing or doing the right thing.

I have two friends that live in the back country of San Diego. They both clear their land at least 200' away from their home. Almost every year they get fined and have to go to court. Every time they win. Some enviro **** sees them clearing and files a complaint, county has no choice but to site them.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Viking64
    So much for "the next TWO days". :p
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    bv7shg5626al.jpg

Yup. Nothing on fire where I'm at.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    It's fall and getting chilly outside......yep, it's climate change time again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's fall and getting chilly outside......yep, it's climate change time again.

I predict another ice age will be coming soon too. Say, in about 3 more months?? :cold_sweat:

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    When we can stop 1 damn tornado, come talk to me about how we're going to change the entire "climate."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    edited October 2019
    steveinaz wrote: »
    When we can stop 1 damn tornado, come talk to me about how we're going to change the entire "climate."

We can Steve but the fall out and destruction from the thermonuclear device is frowned upon. B)
  • tonyb
    Revert back to my previous post.....you can't control nature, we just have to live in it's world. Climate change puts forth the idea that somehow by sending money to politicians and giving them more control over our lives, that will stop the Santa Ana winds from blowing, volcanoes from erupting, earthquakes will settle down and hurricanes will never happen again. Polar ice will stop melting/freezing, oceans will stop rising/falling, blizzards will be a thing of the past, and our climate will be the same, year after year, decade after decade.

….and if you believe that to have merit, maybe a padded room is in your future.

I think many confuse pollution with climate change. Pollution in general is a real thing that every country needs to address on their own abilities. Like we discussed before, Asia isn't going to let anyone push them around, nor is Russia, India, and many South American countries. The main polluters come from Asia, India.

Most western cultures have taken steps to at least try and be better stewards of the planet....yet it is western cultures which take the brunt of the criticisms. Nobody is marching in India, China, Russia in protests. Why is that ?

The fires in California are once again being used for propaganda to serve an agenda. Actually solving the problem using common sense solutions doesn't appear to be on the radar.

The people are upset that they pay so much in taxes and get so little back for it. They blame the state partially for not allowing brush clean up, tree's trimmed. The state wants to blame the utility companies, the utility company blames the state for over regulating them to the point they have no wiggle room to invest in modernizing their equipment. PG&E has filed for bankruptcy protection earlier this year, so don't expect them to be throwing tons of cash at this problem.

Took what....100 or so years for your ancestors to build up California from a wilderness, and now in a few decades they seem bent on trying to return it to a wilderness. I'll be the first to applaud them for their conservation efforts, but when that get's in the way of public safety someone has to say wait a minute here.

The very first duty on any local/state/federal government is to keep the general public safe as best they can. Safe from disasters, crime, murder, safe water to drink, air to breathe, roads to travel on. Safe schools, safe workplaces, safe air travel. Just to name a few. Some states put more safety concerns into sidewalks than we do wildfires.

If I lived in California, I'd be demanding they fulfill their duty of safety for the general public first and foremost.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    tonyb wrote: »
    Asia isn't going to let anyone push them around, nor is Russia, India....

India is in Asia. So is 77% of Russia. :p
  • tonyb
    LOL, your correct, should have been more specific and state SE Asia, like China, Malaysia, etc. Doesn't change the point though. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Viking64
    LOL, your correct, should have been more specific and state SE Asia, like China, Malaysia, etc. Doesn't change the point though. ;)

Maybe we should split it up into different types of food? :p
  • Viking64
    joecoulson wrote: »
    m0bttlalj974.jpg

My mother is a retired teacher, so we got one of these for her. :p

8n48r4v4dygn.jpg
  • tonyb
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Let's for the sake of argument, pretend that there is some sort of climate crisis. All of the money, resources, participation, and protests on the planet wouldn't change a damn thing---and if the Earth did have a catastrophic event, there isn't a damn thing you could do about it.

Let's stick to the realistic. Lower pollution, use renewable energy where feasible and COST EFFECTIVE, put more pressure on other countries to do better. EVERYONE want's a healthy environment, clean water, beautiful forests; but if we are chasing "ghosts" all that money could have been far better spent. See: California wild fires. Since the CA politicians still ignore that there IS a fire season, mother nature will continue to thin the trees for them---just in a FAR more violent, expensive, and damaging way.

Politicians don't like REAL solutions, because the money stops flowing when things work. Do you understand that? Tell me you're not that naïve.

I don't think anyone is that naïve Steve, policy is always made around those with a fistful of dollars. I shouldn't say "anyone", because obviously some are.

"Since the CA politicians still ignore that there IS a fire season, mother nature will continue to thin the trees for them---just in a FAR more violent, expensive, and damaging way."

Truth bomb right there. Once the season is over, the problem goes away...until the next season. Hasn't that been the scenario for a hundred years out there ? They think the problem will just go away after the season is over, so why address it .

If LA was on fire, or San Fran, policy would change more quickly. All anyone could ask, and should demand, is that they do the job their elected positions dictate they should, keep everyone safe as humanly possible. If they refuse, then change those elected officials, or live with fires every year. It isn't any more complicated than that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Doesn't matter if a red or blue state, public safety it seems gets pushed down for money and agendas in all of them. California just happens to be a shinning example of it.

Steve made a good point , you can't fix a problem if you can't honestly look at the cause. Which should transcend politics when public safety is involved.....should....but never does. I don't think one among us would argue that when it comes to public safety politics should be left out of the solutions. We just can't seem to get that message to those making policy for those solutions.

Really shouldn't be hard , we all use problem solving skills in our everyday lives. You look for the common denominators and start eliminating one by one until it becomes obvious.

First one must admit that a problem even exists. Then must have the will to solve it. Then, not let outside influences determine the solutions. Not sure California has moved beyond the fist step.

Why do you think that they want to solve problems?
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Revert back to my previous post.....you can't control nature, we just have to live in it's world. Climate change puts forth the idea that somehow by sending money to politicians and giving them more control over our lives, that will stop the Santa Ana winds from blowing, volcanoes from erupting, earthquakes will settle down and hurricanes will never happen again. Polar ice will stop melting/freezing, oceans will stop rising/falling, blizzards will be a thing of the past, and our climate will be the same, year after year, decade after decade.

I think many confuse pollution with climate change. Pollution in general is a real thing that every country needs to address on their own abilities. Like we discussed before, Asia isn't going to let anyone push them around, nor is Russia, India, and many South American countries. The main polluters come from Asia, India.

Most western cultures have taken steps to at least try and be better stewards of the planet....yet it is western cultures which take the brunt of the criticisms. Nobody is marching in India, China, Russia in protests. Why is that ?

The fires in California are once again being used for propaganda to serve an agenda. Actually solving the problem using common sense solutions doesn't appear to be on the radar.

The people are upset that they pay so much in taxes and get so little back for it. They blame the state partially for not allowing brush clean up, tree's trimmed. The state wants to blame the utility companies, the utility company blames the state for over regulating them to the point they have no wiggle room to invest in modernizing their equipment. PG&E has filed for bankruptcy protection earlier this year, so don't expect them to be throwing tons of cash at this problem.

Took what....100 or so years for your ancestors to build up California from a wilderness, and now in a few decades they seem bent on trying to return it to a wilderness. I'll be the first to applaud them for their conservation efforts, but when that get's in the way of public safety someone has to say wait a minute here.

The very first duty on any local/state/federal government is to keep the general public safe as best they can. Safe from disasters, crime, murder, safe water to drink, air to breathe, roads to travel on. Safe schools, safe workplaces, safe air travel. Just to name a few. Some states put more safety concerns into sidewalks than we do wildfires.

If I lived in California, I'd be demanding they fulfill their duty of safety for the general public first and foremost.

94qw6wlb0m0x.png

I think their priorities are clear.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

How dare you present such common sense.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    lightman1 wrote: »
    bv7shg5626al.jpg

Maybe you should eat a jar of ghost peppers
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    That's a purdy place Russ.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    s8smdj8mfk0o.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    lightman1 wrote: »
    bv7shg5626al.jpg

Maybe you should eat a jar of ghost peppers

why bein from carlina he prolly eats those reapers so the ghost would be like a pear to him.... :D:D
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited October 2019
    To clarify, when I use the word "they" I mean THE VOTERS. Voters are directly to blame, the politicians are simply slimy opportunists. They can't get there without YOUR help.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2