Does anyone build a decent soundbar?

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I bought a smaller ZVOX for my father years ago as he was having trouble hearing the dialogue from a smaller TV upstairs. I have to say I was impressed with the performance and he was really happy to be able understand what was being said.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Bought a low end Yamaha for cousin about 8 years ago, don’t remember the model number. Still working, but really know very little about sound bars.

Knowing this advise could get me banned, AVS forums has a pretty good section on their site for sound bars.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited October 2019
    Yamaha YAS-108 came in. It's pretty nice. Better bass than the Vizio; the Vizio would get badly resonant in the bass when turned up to higher levels, likely due to the tiny drivers--the Yamaha's bass is far more clean and punchy, utilizes 2ea 3" drivers, and is ported. Dialog is also cleaner/more articulate via the Yamaha. I had no need to use the "Clear Voice" option. This bar will accept a sub, though I doubt I'll bother. As I noted, this HDTV is already routed thru my main audio system, so If I want the theater experience I just turn the big rig on.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Very B) Steve

I hope it lasts you a good, long, time :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10