Dark Times

verb
verb Posts: 10,176
Well, it looks like we're under siege. As these interlopers have joined, and created a thread, I've put each and every one of them on ignore, so I won't be able to see their comments.

So whatever they may say, even on this thread, I won't be able to see. I don't care to have any association with them. They don't exist.

Please do not respond to any of them. Do not quote them, just ignore them, and they will eventually go away. Don't be tempted by jumping into the fray.

I encourage all of you brothers and sisters of CP to do the same! :)
Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I reached out to KenCS about a half an hour ago...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Nice thread Dave, well said.
  • verb
    la2vegas wrote: »
    And with a swift and deadly blow, they're GONE!

Wow! That was fast, and awesome!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited September 2019
    man that was ludicrous and not in a funny way what so ever
  • Clipdat
    Let's get back to talking about how awesome the Legend series is.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    If he's being banned by IP he obviously is using a VPN.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • verb
    edited September 2019
    Interesting to me, while under siege, I'm thinking, my brothers and sisters are under attack! I'm getting mad, upset, at the fact that someone is trying to hurt members of my family!

But then, I reminded myself, that this is my family, my friends, my colleagues! In times of stress, what do we do? We stick together! We help each other. Encourage each other during these times!

And then, poof! The attack was over! For now. Everyone please be on high alert! :)
  • Clipdat
    edited September 2019
    I'm looking forward to the image on the left of the Signature series tweeter being replaced by a photo of the new Pinnacle tweeter from the Legend series!
  • verb
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the image on the left of the Signature series tweeter being replaced by a photo of the new Pinnacle tweeter from the Legend series!

LOL! FYI I wore that shirt into work today! :)
  • Clipdat
  • nooshinjohn
    He is back at it.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    man that was ludicrous and not in a funny way what so ever

I felt kinda sick, after seeing those threads. Even when I put them all on ignore, I could still see the thread titles. Sickening. Glad it's over.
  • nooshinjohn
    It's NOT over yet...

• verb
    He is back at it.

Yep. Stay strong brothers and sisters! I just keep putting em on ignore. Cease fire is over, for now!
  • verb
    It's NOT over yet...

Yep! I'm being reaffirmed by our brotherly and sisterly bonds as we always do. Even though we may not always agree on issues, one thing is for sure, we all agree that CP is a great place! :)
  • verb
    So as each attack arises (new thread) in addition to ignoring the member, please don't even click on it! Don't even view it!

BTW great job so far by not commenting! Keep it going brothers and sisters! :)
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    At least they could have taken the time to post in the appropriate category... The Clubhouse, not Speakers. It's the small things that annoy me the most.
  • verb
    Looks like attack wave #2 has been obliterated! :)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Let the dipsh!t flail about. Once they realize they are being ignored their resolve will dissolve.

What a sad, pathetic life some people lead - almost makes me feel sorry for them.

Almost.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited September 2019
    We definitely need a mod on here to delete those things. It has now gone from a troll attack to a full out war, my band of brothers. I just saw the most recent multiple vulgar postings by that troll(s). Isn't there some way we can get the vulgar postings, and the vulgar poster, removed? I agree with Dave about ignoring the posts but this has turned into a cyber attack, a virus, and we need to end it asap. Thanks.
  • verb
    Hermitism wrote: »
    At least they could have taken the time to post in the appropriate category... The Clubhouse, not Speakers. It's the small things that annoy me the most.

Love your personality Hermit! Gotta keep it light during these dark times! :)
  • nooshinjohn
    remove the offenders from your ignore lists... when they delete the users, you will be stuck with them for life.

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    I saw some comments in another thread earlier suggesting this was Sal (Lasareath). Is this also he? Also... and I apologize, but why?
    Alea jacta est!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I wonder if polk can temporarily stop new people from joining until this passes. Or is that not an option with Vanilla forums? Or would it be someone at Vanilla that would have that power?
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    What the frick is going on with the forum?!?
  • Clipdat
    Nothing as far as I can tell.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    We shall overcome
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • verb
    remove the offenders from your ignore lists... when they delete the users, you will be stuck with them for life.

Good call John! Looks like the very first person I put on ignore, now deleted, will remain:
    h81d7szo77av.png
    Funny, I forgot his username! Who cares? Now just a insignificant little memory, soon to fade away completely! :)
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Hermitism wrote: »
    I wonder if polk can temporarily stop new people from joining until this passes. Or is that not an option with Vanilla forums? Or would it be someone at Vanilla that would have that power?
    I posted a thread the morning Amazon’s new HD streaming service launched. It still hasn’t been approved (and would now be a duplicate anyway). So how are these threads being approved for immediate release if my legitimate thread is stuck in limbo?

Using the same capabilities, surely these threads would not be approved either.
    Alea jacta est!