Polk ad in October Stereophile

2»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I was thinking they should put those babies up for Karma...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Perhaps they are still there....

Nope, it's all in Vista.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut wrote: »
    DK didn't them because I saw them and the other one at a later date.

Turns out there were actually four SRT systems in storage. ;)
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    F1nut wrote: »
    DK didn't them because I saw them and the other one at a later date.

Turns out there were actually four SRT systems in storage. ;)

2xk7yv1cwzla.gif
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited September 2019
    My copy came today! B)
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited September 2019
    I purchased a pair of SRS 2's from CP member "Stubby" a few years ago, he also gave me a 1986 copy of Stereo Review, that featured a two page add for the Polk Audio SDA SRS.

This was nothing unusual for the times, but while thumbing through the pages I came across this article about a Benefit Concert put on by John Mellencamp, in my small midwestern home town.

I took the day off from work and picked my daughter up from school and we attended this Event together. Kinda cool seeing this in such a publication of the times, even though the writer was making a joke out of it :D

to0loki4rfbz.jpg

s3tetj9vfbp2.jpg

7y2gu0geujz5.jpg

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I purchased a pair of SRS 2's from CP member "Stubby" a few years ago, he also gave me a 1986 copy of Stereo Review, that featured a two page add for the Polk Audio SDA SRS. ...

Also available to the great unwashed (like me) thanks to American Radio History. :)

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-HiFI-Stereo/80s/HiFI-Stereo-Review-1986-08.pdf

Just thought I'd mention that (yet again). :p
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    bump
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    The Man.
    With the.
    White Coat.

45964739754_e063d3dabf_b.jpgPolk blindfold challenge Nov92 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    bump
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables