Polk ad in October Stereophile

2»

Comments

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,666
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I got $500.00......

That might be a downpayment. :/
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,306
    I was thinking they should put those babies up for Karma...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,669
    Perhaps they are still there....

Nope, it's all in Vista.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,569
    F1nut wrote: »
    DK didn't them because I saw them and the other one at a later date.

Turns out there were actually four SRT systems in storage. ;)
    "So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
  • JayCeeJayCee Posts: 564
    F1nut wrote: »
    DK didn't them because I saw them and the other one at a later date.

Turns out there were actually four SRT systems in storage. ;)

2xk7yv1cwzla.gif
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, Perfectwave DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: Core Power Technologies EQUI=CORE 1800 Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends FLAC Streamer: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,131
    edited September 12
    My copy came today! B)
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,504
    edited September 12
    I purchased a pair of SRS 2's from CP member "Stubby" a few years ago, he also gave me a 1986 copy of Stereo Review, that featured a two page add for the Polk Audio SDA SRS.

This was nothing unusual for the times, but while thumbing through the pages I came across this article about a Benefit Concert put on by John Mellencamp, in my small midwestern home town.

I took the day off from work and picked my daughter up from school and we attended this Event together. Kinda cool seeing this in such a publication of the times, even though the writer was making a joke out of it :D

to0loki4rfbz.jpg

s3tetj9vfbp2.jpg

7y2gu0geujz5.jpg

SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,951
    I purchased a pair of SRS 2's from CP member "Stubby" a few years ago, he also gave me a 1986 copy of Stereo Review, that featured a two page add for the Polk Audio SDA SRS. ...

Also available to the great unwashed (like me) thanks to American Radio History. :)

https://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-HiFI-Stereo/80s/HiFI-Stereo-Review-1986-08.pdf

Just thought I'd mention that (yet again). :p
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,430
    bump
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,951
    The Man.
    With the.
    White Coat.

45964739754_e063d3dabf_b.jpgPolk blindfold challenge Nov92 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,430
    bump
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's