Modified SDA interconnect cable

I ran across these replacement interconnect cables for SDA and want to get some thoughts on them. These are replacements for the blade/pin style cable and as you can see the blade has been eliminated. The seller says they will work on SDA 3.1. I know zero about the wiring on these but it seems odd that you can eliminate the blade. I guess I'm wondering why they would have it if it wasn't needed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163765404762?ul_noapp=true

Comments

• On 4th and 5th generation SDAs, when using a common ground amplifier, only the pins carries the signal. The blade was used as support. When a non common ground amp is used, an AI-1 cable or custom Dreadnaught with cables is needed. The original Polk AI-1 was two conductor. The pin carried the difference signal and the blade carried the two grounds to the isolation transformer.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    That seller doesn't know squat about SDA.
    The blade and pin are connected together inside speaker.
    Wrong
    These can be used only on the First version SDA SRS 2.3 & SDA 1C also. Later Version use double blade connector.
    Wrong
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited September 2019
    F1nut wrote: »
    That seller doesn't know squat about SDA.

The blade and pin are connected together inside speaker.
    Wrong
    F1nut wrote: »
    These can be used only on the First version SDA SRS 2.3 & SDA 1C also. Later Version use double blade connector.
    Wrong

Yes it is so strange to me that so many on eBay think that the Pin/Blade cable is the oldest because Polk still provides the Blade/blade so it MUST be the most recent. It does make me wonder how the newest SDA cable is implemented. Does it carry signal both ways like the oldest B/b cable?