Modified SDA interconnect cable

Options
I ran across these replacement interconnect cables for SDA and want to get some thoughts on them. These are replacements for the blade/pin style cable and as you can see the blade has been eliminated. The seller says they will work on SDA 3.1. I know zero about the wiring on these but it seems odd that you can eliminate the blade. I guess I'm wondering why they would have it if it wasn't needed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163765404762?ul_noapp=true

Comments

• westmassguy
    Options
    On 4th and 5th generation SDAs, when using a common ground amplifier, only the pins carries the signal. The blade was used as support. When a non common ground amp is used, an AI-1 cable or custom Dreadnaught with cables is needed. The original Polk AI-1 was two conductor. The pin carried the difference signal and the blade carried the two grounds to the isolation transformer.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    That seller doesn't know squat about SDA.
    The blade and pin are connected together inside speaker.
    Wrong
    These can be used only on the First version SDA SRS 2.3 & SDA 1C also. Later Version use double blade connector.
    Wrong
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited September 2019
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    That seller doesn't know squat about SDA.

The blade and pin are connected together inside speaker.
    Wrong
    F1nut wrote: »
    These can be used only on the First version SDA SRS 2.3 & SDA 1C also. Later Version use double blade connector.
    Wrong

Yes it is so strange to me that so many on eBay think that the Pin/Blade cable is the oldest because Polk still provides the Blade/blade so it MUST be the most recent. It does make me wonder how the newest SDA cable is implemented. Does it carry signal both ways like the oldest B/b cable?