OFFICIAL POLK L200 DEMO PROGRAM

Options
There will be 2 pair of the new L200 speakers available for this demo program. One pair in black ash and the other in brown walnut. Please don't ask for one or the other as both look nice and sound the same.

The program is for active members with at least 100 posts. Please send a PM to me with the following info exactly as laid out. Make sure your info is correct.

Name
Street Address
City and State (2 letter abbreviation only)
Phone Number

Once I have everyone's info I will group the participants together as closely as possible to cut down on shipping cost and time.

Your demo will last 2 weeks from when you get them. Shipping is via FedEx only and the speakers must be insured for $800.00. The shipper will send me the tracking info and the recipient will notify me when they receive them.

I have fortified the original packing material and the boxes. They must be packed as I have done. If you find any damage, please let know. If you find the packing material needs fortifying that is your responsibility.

After your demo please post a review, short or long, positive or negative.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

I would like to personally thank everyone at Polk for making this possible.

il9g74dg8cuw.jpg

5jf86dcwu9jw.jpg
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    Awesome...thank you for setting this up.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Great job!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Info sent... you already have my number, and thanks! I am also willing to host a demo in my home for those that would like to drop by and hear them.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    I’m in and will send info.

I have one question Jesse.

If two participants are really close and willing to DRIVE to meet (and save a chance of shipping damage), can that be done?

IE if someone in a Chicago or Louisville is willing to meet someone from Indy at a mutually beneficial location..... is that allowed?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Conradicles
    Options
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Info sent!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Info sent. Thanks to Jesse and Polk for setting this all up!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    Nice job Jesse

I'm not In, but will hang @verbs house for a while (if he'll have me!!)
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options

If two participants are really close and willing to DRIVE to meet (and save a chance of shipping damage), can that be done?

IE if someone in a Chicago or Louisville is willing to meet someone from Indy at a mutually beneficial location..... is that allowed?

Yes, but I need to be informed of who has them.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Manticore
    Options
    Info sent
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Makes sense and both parties would confirm handoff in a group PM (you + both parties)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Info sent.
    If you mail bomb me, my wife will be p*ssed.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I can't wait to hear reviews on these. Bookies would work well in my room.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Makes sense and both parties would confirm handoff in a group PM (you + both parties)

If you or others in the area are interested in throwing a demo day I might be up for a drive. I do plan to attend the listening event at Abt. Not sure if other speakers besides the L800 will be setup for listening.
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Not in yet. Thank you Jesse and Polk for setting this up.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Dang -- our lack of a real street address here probably makes this a nonstarter for me. :(
    Well, those of you who try these, please document your impressions liberally when you've concluded your demo!

Very cool opportunity.
  • Manticore
    Options
    Well duh doc. I,m only 45 min give or take from you!
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Manticore wrote: »
    Well duh doc. I,m only 45 min give or take from you!

If you have a real address, enter the fray and give me a call when you get 'em in! :)
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,878
    Options
    Looking forward to what you guys have to say. It is cost prohibitive for us Canuks to try them out.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    Looking forward to what you guys have to say. It is cost prohibitive for us Canuks to try them out.

annexation may still be an option for y'all -- lobby with your legislators!

;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Looks like 17 so far. I'll give it a few more days because there were 30 that posted in.

President of Club Polk

• Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I'm in. Several other Polkies near me all with good equipment. We'd be happy to take a listen and post our reviews.

Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Not in per se, due to our address imbroglio. Hopin' to tag-team with Mr.
    @manticore -- heck, maybe we can drag @mrbiron up, too... I have something for the latter bloke if he dares show his face in the Live Free or Die state.

:|
  • displayname
    Options
    After seeing the specs I unfortunately have to say I’m out. At 85db I don’t think my 20 watt amp can do these any justice. But if anyone ends up with them in DFW I’d love to get ears on them while they are here.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    After seeing the specs I unfortunately have to say I’m out. At 85db I don’t think my 20 watt amp can do these any justice. But if anyone ends up with them in DFW I’d love to get ears on them while they are here.

Get to @DSkip tentative GTG as there may even be the BIG BOYS there
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    @manticore -- heck, maybe we can drag @mrbiron up, too... I have something for the latter bloke if he dares show his face in the Live Free or Die state.

You providing the beer?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

You providing the beer?

If that's what it takes...

B)
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,874
    Options

you can always borrow the kinki.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,237
    Options
    Info sent.
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Not in unless there is a demo within the area. Will the locations be posted at some point prior to the registration deadline?
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.