Gauge of interest in Polk speaker demo program

12346»

Comments

• erniejadeerniejade Posts: 5,084
    Wait 2-4 years and pick them up 1\2 off.
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,403
    erniejade wrote: »

At least a 50/50 chance of that, I'd say.
  • aiconnaiconn Registered User Posts: 217

I was thinking that should happen immediately.
    Peachtree novaPre
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Denon DVD 2910
    Polk Audio LSiM 703s
    Jeepers, even I'm not that cynical.

The flagships look nice.
    The other models look overpriced -- but who knows, maybe they've got more value in the guts than meets the eye.

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,483
    Now that they've been revealed, are these going to be the 100 or 200s?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,490
    Still waiting for Uncle Jesse's impressions of their sound....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,964
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Now that they've been revealed, are these going to be the 100 or 200s?

@F1nut already stated that the demo would be the larger of the bookies...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Excite x18; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,483
    Thank you.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,948
    Yes, they will be the L200. One pair in walnut and the other in black ash. I'm still burning in the walnut pair and need to fortify the packing, which I expected to be an improvement over the LSiM packing material.....it's not!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Double boxing is always an option (or two boxes, if they come factory packed together?).

Now -- silly me -- I just was lookin' at the specs @f1nut posted, but I didn't even think to look at the weight of either of the bookshelves. Derp.
  • halohalo Posts: 5,251
    F1nut wrote: »
    I expected to be an improvement over the LSiM packing material.....it's not!

UGH!!!! Polk!?! When will you learn??? You cannot ship the L600 & L800 towers without risking MAJOR DAMAGE with the same insufficient packing used for the LSiM series and the Signature Series.

Well, folks, I guarantee that you'll get some great deals on the scratch & dent L600's and L800's that get returned to Crutchfield and Adorama after the yuckity yuck yucks at FedEx and UPS get done with them. Yumpin' Yimminy!

• aiconnaiconn Registered User Posts: 217
    aiconn wrote: »

Are you on drugs?

Not today. I think it's ridiculous to spend more than a good used car costs for audio gear. To each their own.
    Peachtree novaPre
    Parasound HCA-1000A
    Denon DVD 2910
    Polk Audio LSiM 703s
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,180
    LOL. I will always spend more on a stereo I can use 24/7 versus a car which sits idle 99% of the time.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
    $6k won't buy much of a used car in 2019.

• xsmixsmi Posts: 1,427
    halo wrote: »
    I expected to be an improvement over the LSiM packing material.....it's not

Well, folks, I guarantee that you'll get some great deals on the scratch & dent L600's and L800's that get returned to Crutchfield and Adorama after the yuckity yuck yucks at FedEx and UPS get done with them. Yumpin' Yimminy!

I spit my coffee on the table reading those last two lines! Thank you sir!!
    2-channel
    Yaqin MC-30L, Marantz SA8005, Denon DVD 3900, Sony C69ES CD Changer, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM, Klipsch KG-4, Monster Cable throughout.
  • msgmsg Posts: 5,017
    edited September 7
    nothing to see here, move along
    I disabled signatures.
  • verbverb Posts: 7,989

Are you on drugs?

Not today. I think it's ridiculous to spend more than a good used car costs for audio gear. To each their own.

It's all about passion, and desire to own the very best of something. For me, it's about your hobbies, and what you love! For those enthusiasts, heck, there is a market!

Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    msg wrote: »

nicely played -- I may have to steal appropriate borrow pay homage to this gambit @msg.

:)
    Ahhh! Very clever Scott! And very keen eyesight Professor! So I went back to look, did a double take, and then the ole tried and true triple click! :)
    eqidhjji5e87.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    nicely played -- I may have to steal appropriate borrow pay homage to this gambit @msg.
    Quite welcome to, sir. I would like to clarify this edit statement, however. I'd originally posted to opt in on the demo, but then decided to hold off on that commitment for the moment, hence the "blank" edit. This was not me commenting as if to say, "there is nothing to see/hear here with these speakers; no big deal" Quite the contrary.

I've not been able to keep up with the Legend line threads, and only just this morning read up on the new speaker line. I'm quite intrigued, and would love to get ears on them, especially those 800s with those 10s. Definitely curious as to how the new sonic signature will compare to the LSiM.

(Sorry for the side-rail here, Jess.)
    I disabled signatures.
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Quite welcome to, sir. I would like to clarify this edit statement, however. I'd originally posted to opt in on the demo, but then decided to hold off on that commitment for the moment, hence the "blank" edit. This was not me commenting as if to say, "there is nothing to see/hear here with these speakers; no big deal" Quite the contrary.

I've not been able to keep up with the Legend line threads, and only just this morning read up on the new speaker line. I'm quite intrigued, and would love to get ears on them, especially those 800s with those 10s. Definitely curious as to how the new sonic signature will compare to the LSiM.

(Sorry for the side-rail here, Jess.)

Well, heck, you pulled this back on-topic. The unmitigated temerity. ;)

I, on the other hand...

7ajnxc0d0xir.png

Hehe, I think this has been on and off-rail a bit for a while now Doc!
    I disabled signatures.
    All in good fun Mark! I love the little divergences, keeps em fun! :)