Gauge of interest in Polk speaker demo program

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,799
edited July 2019 in The Clubhouse
I want to gauge your interest of an in home demo of a new Polk bookshelf speaker coming soon. You would have the speakers for 2 weeks and would require you to cover the insured shipping via FedEx to the next person. It would also require you to provide your name, address and phone number to me as I will run the demo program. I run a tight ship and will not tolerate delays or excuses.

A review of your experience would also be nice.

The program would not start until after the official release and you must be an active member.

To help cut down on the cost of shipping and also the shipping time I will try to group the participants as closely as possible.

If you have read the above twice and are interested in the demo program please post, IN.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Post edited by F1nut on

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,602
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • F1nut
    edited July 2019
    Options

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,043
    edited July 2019
    Options
    My interest knob goes to eleven.
    (if anyone'd be interested in my impressions of them*)

48iljd74sdo3.png

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    IN
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Interested. My amp might not be up to it, but I could also set up some time with @marvda1 and @DSkip if they’d want to host with various amps.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,976
    Options
    IN.

Thx for doing this Jesse!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I want to gauge your interest of an in home demo of a new Polk bookshelf speaker coming soon. You would have the speakers for 2 weeks
    Good luck with that! More like two to three months per person is more realistic with this bunch! Where are my noise filters?
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Jesse, do you have any info as to whether these are power hungry speakers? Can they be powered with my Marantz integrated, for example, or is something bigger necessary?
  • F1nut
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    Jesse, do you have any info as to whether these are power hungry speakers? Can they be powered with my Marantz integrated, for example, or is something bigger necessary?

I believe these will be 4 ohm nominal. I don't know the efficiency rating, but expect they would be around 90dB based on Polk's previous offerings. Your Marantz will drive them perfectly.

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    More info on the speakers would be nice,

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    Options
    Count me in Jesse.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,041
    Options
    IN. Thanks to Polk and Jesse.
  • F1nut
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

How about this, I liked them better than a $6.5k pair from a competitor.

President of Club Polk

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    In - and the first Minneapolis-St. Paul area responder. Therefore, would be happy to get them first in these parts and will drive them to the next local member for delivery.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

How about this, I liked them better than a $6.5k pair from a competitor.

LOL!!!! Well you can't sell it any better than that!!!!

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    edited July 2019
    Options
    INN

I'd prefer to demo them in the cooler season as I don't run my amp a lot in the Summer because of heat.

But......if that's not an option, I'm good with whatever.

What time frame are we talking about. Doesn't have to be specific, but perhaps just in general. Fall, Winter, next Spring?

Thanks Jesse

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 616
    Options
    IN
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • F1nut
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    INN

I'd prefer to demo them in the cooler season as I don't run my amp a lot in the Summer because of heat.

What time frame are we talking about. Doesn't have to be specific, but perhaps just in general. Fall, Winter, next Spring?

Thanks Jesse

H9

The official release is in September, so after that.

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Count me in....Chicago NW burbs so anyone in the Rockford area would be a hand off instead of shipping.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Options
    I’m interested. Long term member but not a lot of posts. Located near Raleigh NC.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    In. Second interested in the Twin Cities.
    Thanks for the hook up. Jessie.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,099
    Options
    I can host a GTG here in SoCal, and serve as a delivery point as well for those in SoCal that want to hear them. I can even return them to the distribution center in Chula Vista...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    INN

Thanks Jesse

H9

The official release is in September, so after that.

Perfect.

And as Tony says....we can hand off just like the Backert demo program.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,532
    Options
    I’m in and can handoff to folks in central IN (indyhawg, trav0812)...

And even Hermitism :wink:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,030
    edited July 2019
    Options
    In

And may I suggest, the list be coordinated geographically to reduce shipping charges..

Even so, like if someone in Raleigh received them, I could meet them half way and so forth.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,602
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    In

And may I suggest, the list be coordinated geographically to reduce shipping charges..

Even so, like if someone in Raleigh received them, I could meet them half way and so forth.
    To help cut down on the cost of shipping and also the shipping time I will try to group the participants as closely as possible.

Jesse is already on it.
  • Manticore
    Manticore Posts: 408
    Options
    IN
    Denon AVR X4200W
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    Parasound A23 amplifier
    LG 65" Ultra HD4k
    LG 4kBR - UP970
    Denon DVM 4800
    Denon DP 3000 turntable
    Saec 308sx tonearm w/
    Dynavector 10x5 cart
    Vincent PHO 701 Phono Preamp
    MIT Avt3 Speaker c's
    Audio Quest Big Sur ic's
    Polk SDA 1C's modded
    Polk LSim 707
    Polk LSiM706c
    Polk RTiA 3's
    Polk 80F/X-RT
    Polk DSW PRO 440wi sub
    Infinity bu2 sub
    "The early Klingon gets the Gagh"
  • F1nut
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    In

You didn't read my OP twice.

President of Club Polk