ahhhh -- the Schiit Sol has fledged.

Comments

• It’s pretty..... I would love to try it with my Schiit Mani phono pre, and Saga preamp.
    HT:
    Projector - JVC HD100, 100" Fixed Screen, A/V Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300-EX, BluRay - Sony PS3, (2) ADCOM GFA 555 Bridged, Speakers - LSi 15, LSi C, LSi FX, Sub - 12" M&K VX-1250.

Living Room:
    Schiit Saga, Parasound HCA-600, OPPO BDP-103D, LSi7
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
  • A very elegant looking deck for the price of admission, I would suspect that Schiit will do well by it.
  • I just noticed it's an 11 inch carbon fiber tone arm. This has to be the only table under $1K with that spec. Given that info, I'm shocked that they additional arms are only $200.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    That's some pretty good looking Schiit.

I should get my Schiit together and look into investing in some of that Schiit.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    My perspective: the arm looks fashionably fidgety but capable and, yes, I agree, in this day and age a 200 dolla arm is intriguing.

The tt itself looks quite nice, I'd further opine.

• marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    too much work for me.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • All the images are crystal clear and ofcourse worth checking. I would suggest you to check this article and get some free cards.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Thanks to the spammer, I finally noticed this.

I sold my Bugle2 and my Reduction...I may want to try this table :|

Crud.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mhardy6647
    The Sol has kinda foundered. Or floundered. Or Schiit's founders have floundered.

Bounders.

:p

3depuy5mp1ot.png

source:
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/ahhh-the-schiit-sol-has-acquired-angular-momentum.5253/page-3#post-106290
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Why waste money on 19th Century technology? :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited September 2019
    This might come as a shock to you but.. wait for it, wait for it -- some people like to listen to music differently than how you like to! *gasp*
  • Theres a pretty big thread at the Steve Hoffman Forum about the deck, seems one of the biggest issues is the headshell will not accommodate various different cartridges, and proper alignment is impossible.

General consensus is the the table was released well before it was "ready to market".
  • mhardy6647
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Why waste money on 19th Century technology? :)

a2753h60h9k6.png

Theres a pretty big thread at the Steve Hoffman Forum about the deck, seems one of the biggest issues is the headshell will not accommodate various different cartridges, and proper alignment is impossible.

General consensus is the the table was released well before it was "ready to market".

... which is deeply ironic, given the Sol's protracted (and very public, courtesy of the Schiity Boyz PR engine) "beta" development period.

• mhardy6647
    edited January 2020
    well -- that was quick :|

Idiocy #3: Screwup on Sol. This is the big boy. I think we just had been running prototypes for so long that we figured everything was fine. But between parts tolerance issues, bad machining, and other production glitches, we went from “selling” back to “beta” in just a few days. We continue to work on this product with the voluntary beta-testers (anyone who wanted out was given a full refund, including shipping, and beta testers were given a discount), but it’s slow going. Don’t be surprised if there are further delays. This is a complex product, and, if we start selling again, we want it to be right.

“Hold up, did you say, ‘if’ we start selling it again?” you might ask.

And yes, that’s exactly what I said. If we can’t make this a stellar product (consistently), we may not continue with it. In that case, all beta testers get 100% refunds and that’s the end of that.

Let’s talk about this some more.

Sol had a long gestation, and although there are people here who care deeply about the product, caring only gets you so far. It has to be clearly better than the competition, or serve a unique need, for us to produce it. The world doesn’t need more me-too products. Nor does it need products that are a source of continual frustration.

So, if we get it worked out to our satisfaction, and to the delight of the beta testers, we will re-introduce Sol. If not, we won’t.

Which way will it go? I don’t know.
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up.701900/page-3673#post-15388698

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Not that I would actually buy one, I signed up for Schiit’s email updates on the Sol. So far, not a word. I’ve always wanted to try a unipivot arm, and this thing is not too expensive of a way to do so. Sounds like they’re doing a thorough rethink.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Hard pass for me, even though I like a good unipivot arm. That whole setup looks a bit flimsy IMO, which probably explains the $200 tonearm replacement. I know Schiit has lots of fans, but my experience with a Mani was less-than-stellar, and their CS was not helpful. YMMV
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon