ahhhh -- the Schiit Sol has fledged.

Comments

• pablo_rodzpablo_rodz Posts: 326
    It’s pretty..... I would love to try it with my Schiit Mani phono pre, and Saga preamp.
    HT:
    Projector - JVC HD100, 100" Fixed Screen, A/V Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH, Power Conditioner - Panamax M5300-EX, BluRay - Sony PS3, (2) ADCOM GFA 555 Bridged, Speakers - LSi 15, LSi C, LSi FX, Sub - 12" M&K VX-1250.

Living Room:
    Schiit Saga, Parasound HCA-600, OPPO BDP-103D, LSi7
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 1,165
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,481
    A very elegant looking deck for the price of admission, I would suspect that Schiit will do well by it.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • I just noticed it's an 11 inch carbon fiber tone arm. This has to be the only table under $1K with that spec. Given that info, I'm shocked that they additional arms are only $200.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Sony CDP-CE375 / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > JBL Studio 580 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,050
    That's some pretty good looking Schiit.

I should get my Schiit together and look into investing in some of that Schiit.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,587
    My perspective: the arm looks fashionably fidgety but capable and, yes, I agree, in this day and age a 200 dolla arm is intriguing.

The tt itself looks quite nice, I'd further opine.

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,595
    too much work for me.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: Cayin Venus cd-100i, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro, Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
  • All the images are crystal clear and ofcourse worth checking. I would suggest you to check this article and get some free cards.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 5,105
    Thanks to the spammer, I finally noticed this.

I sold my Bugle2 and my Reduction...I may want to try this table :|

Crud.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball, Senn's MD HD600
    The Sol has kinda foundered. Or floundered. Or Schiit's founders have floundered.

Bounders.

:p

3depuy5mp1ot.png

source:
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/ahhh-the-schiit-sol-has-acquired-angular-momentum.5253/page-3#post-106290
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 11,794
    Why waste money on 19th Century technology? :)
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,075
    edited September 13
    This might come as a shock to you but.. wait for it, wait for it -- some people like to listen to music differently than how you like to! *gasp*
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,481
    Theres a pretty big thread at the Steve Hoffman Forum about the deck, seems one of the biggest issues is the headshell will not accommodate various different cartridges, and proper alignment is impossible.

General consensus is the the table was released well before it was "ready to market".
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Why waste money on 19th Century technology? :)

a2753h60h9k6.png

Theres a pretty big thread at the Steve Hoffman Forum about the deck, seems one of the biggest issues is the headshell will not accommodate various different cartridges, and proper alignment is impossible.

General consensus is the the table was released well before it was "ready to market".

... which is deeply ironic, given the Sol's protracted (and very public, courtesy of the Schiity Boyz PR engine) "beta" development period.