The Polk Legend Series is coming

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Why would you need a duplicate set of mids and tweeters, if it weren't some flavor of SDA?

Well... I mean...

4funt44gjp3z.png

100% SDA-free, but, oy, so many drivers...

B)
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    It's not really a legend unless somebody licked the tweeters.

I have no idea what this means, but I like it.
    Perhaps Polk will use this as a catchphrase in their marketing.

h6pzxshshh26.png

N.B. I am willing to make this concept available royalty-free. :|
  • westmassguy
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Why would you need a duplicate set of mids and tweeters, if it weren't some flavor of SDA?

Well... I mean...

4funt44gjp3z.png

What a mess
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options

Well... I mean...

4funt44gjp3z.png

What a mess

Yeah, they do give that impression eh. Honestly though, they sound better than they look. Not as coherent as I would personally like but they do sound good.

Now that Legend speaker with the dual tweets.....has peaked my interest. Can't tell from the pic, but they appear to be aiming in different directions which may cause some issues....or not, depending. I'll be waiting for ears I trust to post up a review of these.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    I wonder if one of the woofers is a PR?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Well... I mean...

4funt44gjp3z.png

What a mess

Yeah, they do give that impression eh. Honestly though, they sound better than they look. Not as coherent as I would personally like but they do sound good.

Now that Legend speaker with the dual tweets.....has peaked my interest. Can't tell from the pic, but they appear to be aiming in different directions which may cause some issues....or not, depending. I'll be waiting for ears I trust to post up a review of these.
    [emphasis added]

I see a 'special edition' model in the pipeline -- the Marty Feldman Signature Edition. Too bad ol' Marty's gone Tango Uniform. :(

p7iiawfw4mz1.png
  • westmassguy
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Well... I mean...

4funt44gjp3z.png

What a mess

Maybe some type of spatial enhancement. We'll just have to wait.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options

Well... I mean...

4funt44gjp3z.png

B)

h6pzxshshh26.png

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/53089/peerless-tweeters-question
    This old thread explains it all.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Options

Well... I mean...

4funt44gjp3z.png

B)

h6pzxshshh26.png

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/53089/peerless-tweeters-question
    This old thread explains it all.

Dang! I've never seen that before...
    and me, an old Polk... umm... salt... and all.

Well, thanks! Now, like Rusty, I feel like I'm in the club.

74rznofha02p.png

Here's hopin' that the Legend Series'll be tweeter-lickin' good.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I just downloaded ever Mongolian Throat song the internet had to offer. Gotta see what these speakers can really do!

Will the binding posts have the little buttons inserted where the banana goes? That feature on the RTiA’s screamed luxury! B)
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • CH46E
    Options
    I heard they were wireless blu-tooth only. Lol
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I just downloaded ever Mongolian Throat song the internet had to offer. Gotta see what these speakers can really do!

Will the binding posts have the little buttons inserted where the banana goes? That feature on the RTiA’s screamed luxury! B)

The reason for those little buttons is because they are required in Europe as the spacing and hole diameter is the same as the European electric plug. Now, why anyone would plug a power cord into speaker binding posts is a darn good question.

Now, to answer your question. From what I have seen the new Polk speakers will not have the little plugs as the posts are further apart.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,020
    Options
    That would make it a powered speaker if you plug it in 😊
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • CH46E
    Options
    15 amps at 60 hz.... now that's a party!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Those silly euro’s.... :D

F1, what is your favorite Mongolian Throat Song? Is your plan to paint the windows black, turn off all of the lights, and them melt into your dated BarcaLounger while head bobbing to the Mongolian jams?
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Favorite WHAT!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Whatever they are, I can't wait to buy a pair and immediately have the crossovers modified.
    No excuses!
  • Gerres26
    Options
    These definitely look intriguing now
  • BC6
    BC6 Posts: 109
    Options
    I wasn't planning on going to RMAF this year because I don't really have time, but I'm too intrigued. I'm going to take off from work early tomorrow and give them a listen.
    2 Channel: Atohm GT-1 speakers, Atoll IN400 integrated amp, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB with Ortofon Bronze cartridge, SotM sMS-200 ultra streamer, SotM sPS-500 power supply, and homemade infinite baffle subwoofer with two Fi Audio IB318 drivers.

HT: All Polk: SDA 2.3tl fronts, CSiA6 center, 500-LS ceiling, RT/FX, RTi8, Monitor 4 rears, plus Yamaha CX-a5100 AV Preamplifier/Processor, Yamaha MX-a5000 11.1 channel amplifier, and Sony XBR55-AE1 OLED TV.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    15 amps at 60 hz.... now that's a party!

1,800-watt tone generator. :#;)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

Hmnn...you didn't necessarily shoot down the SDA theory. :o

SDA = Surely Denies Alexa[/quote]

Don't call him Surely
  • CH46E
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »

Hmnn...you didn't necessarily shoot down the SDA theory. :o

SDA = Surely Denies Alexa

Don't call him Surely[/quote]

Great movie! Lol. Does Alexa speak Jive?
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dromunds
    Options
    Take a listen to Huun-Huur-Tu.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options

These guys definitely do drugs. Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0djHJBAP3U
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    And/or subjected them to the dingus rub treatment!

Might be on to something there...after all, Jesse is the only one around here who’s actually been in their presence...
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

Popeye meets Charlie Daniels?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • dromunds
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

These guys definitely do drugs. Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0djHJBAP3U

mushrooms
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Whatever they are, I can't wait to buy a pair and immediately have the crossovers modified.

Pro tip: Don't forget a liberal application of Moretite and/or Dynamat to the driver baskets.

:|
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Hi guys n gals I gotta ask. Why is AVS Forum hosting the Polk Legend & not the Polk Forum ? Excuse me as I only come to this forum, so I dont know. Tia
    Randy/Maine
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Hi guys n gals I gotta ask. Why is AVS Forum hosting the Polk Legend & not the Polk Forum ? Excuse me as I only come to this forum, so I dont know. Tia

Interesting. Looks like someone just posted a link to the livestream event.
    2dvy5nrp0cvk.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.