Need economical cables ....

Need 2 6 foot runs of 14 gauge cables ....
Any economical suggestions?
I’m talking like Blue Jeans economical ...
Their 14 gauge cables are almost a half inch thick ... too unwieldy....
Thanks

Bk
Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    @Clipdat Has mentioned the Krukonceptz Krux is a good wire that isn't too expensive. DIY is pretty cheap at $3 and some change per foot. You can get wire that is already terminated on Ebay.

The smallest they have is 12g though.

Drew, were these hard to handle, bend, heavy in any way?
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I was going to mention the Krux cable, but it's pretty big because of how all the individual wires are braided together. Also as a result of that it's fairly heavy. Seeing as how the OP didn't like the BJC cable, I figured he also wouldn't like these.

That being said, the price is right, as is the performance. I highly recommend trying these out if they fit your budget: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KnuKonceptz-Krux-Interlaced-Braided-8-Gauge-Speaker-Cable-8-Pair-w-Banana-Plugs/392222051240

They're also available in bi-wire.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    To be sure, speaker cables? If so, you can't beat Monoprice 14AWG pure copper cables for price. You can find that at Home Depot or Lowe's...or Amazon.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Monoprice or Amazon Basic
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I was going to mention the Krux cable, but it's pretty big because of how all the individual wires are braided together. Also as a result of that it's fairly heavy. Seeing as how the OP didn't like the BJC cable, I figured he also wouldn't like these.

That being said, the price is right, as is the performance. I highly recommend trying these out if they fit your budget: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KnuKonceptz-Krux-Interlaced-Braided-8-Gauge-Speaker-Cable-8-Pair-w-Banana-Plugs/392222051240

They're also available in bi-wire.

For that price you can also win a ZU audio auction for speaker cables FYI...haven't heard the Knus so I have no idea how they compare...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    We have a great 14 gauge cable we can make for you, our Bravo 14 AWG OFHC Speaker Cables. Or I can put together a DIY kit for you if you'd rather do it yourself. PM me if you are interested. As a Club polk member you get a 10% discount.

Doug will get you squared away.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 675
    edited July 2019
    Found some Kimber Kable in my box of forgotten stereo stuff ...
    2 , 6 foot pieces ....
    Forgot I had it ...
    I bought it in the late 80’s - early 90’s .... was rather expensive, I thought , at the time ...
    Used it on my B&K with the Polks .....

Also found some brown/black Kimber Kable ...
    I remember one was more expensive than the other ... can’t remember which , though ......

Bk8890939vvvwo.jpeg
    Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Enjoy. Vintage Kimber Kable should be better than any of the brands we were discussing.

But after 30 years it would be a good idea to cut off an inch and get to the bright wire.
  • gyosa
    edited July 2019
    Will do ...
    Also found a bunch of interconnects by MIT and Vampire Wire ...
    Totally forgot about that box of old forgotten stuff from back before I got married and had a kid !
    The days of tape decks , turntable's and CD players ....
    Ha ha ...

Bk

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    Glad you found it before you purchased new stuff. I always seem to find my hidden/forgotten stuff after the fact.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • gyosa
    edited July 2019
    Anyone know which kimber is the better stuff ?
    Looking at their website , looks like the black/grey is - assuming it's the same stuff...
    Both are 8 strands .
    Bk

• Black Gray Kimber is VS
    Black Brown Kimber is PR

VS > PR
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    tonyb wrote: »
    +1 for Monoprice -- You don't need to spend more than Monoprice for speaker cables.

+1 for Blue Jeans cable, when it comes to interconnects.

Yeah right, and all you need is a Yugo for a car too.

Don’t forget miller light for beer and a jug of burgundy for wine!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    +1 for Monoprice -- You don't need to spend more than Monoprice for speaker cables.

+1 for Blue Jeans cable, when it comes to interconnects.

Yeah right, and all you need is a Yugo for a car too.

Don’t forget miller light for beer and a jug of burgundy for wine!

You don't know what you are talking about. All you need is Colt 45. Miller and the Jug are snake oil.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,493
    the champagne of beer!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Actually Monoprice has stepped up some of their wire offerings
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=33839

The normal in-wall stuff is not bad. No, I didn't say great, just not bad. Better than Home Depot lamp cord.

The clear jacket Monoprice stuff will turn green in 6 months to a year.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    In-wall speaker wire is more permanent which is why it should be a better quality cable. Your system over time evolves for the better I would hope, so why leave a not so great cable in the walls to run it.

At least for the front 3 speakers, surrounds don't need great cables because they handle ambient sounds.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Blue jeans cheap, and neutral sonically, tight bass = CAT5. Have used for interconnects and speakers, also is a great internal wire. DH labs silver over copper 14 ga does many things very well, you could spend more and get less. Also I have used DH ic wire for tweeters, very very good. Small guage is fine unless you run at 50 watts all the time. OK so this is rhinestones on a jean jacket spelling out Jersey Girl.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited September 2019
    Strictly FWIW:

I outgrew my CAT5 infatuation about a decade ago -- although there's still a little floatin' around here (e.g., inside my Duplex cabinets). Need to do something about that one of these days...

Nowadays, I like this stuff -- though perhaps not for y'all with monstrous powered amplifiers driving low-sensitivity loudspeakers, though, I'll readily acknowledge.

Belden 9497 (13 ga)

yhbsqii5mq75.png
    (borrowed image: https://cheaptubeaudio.blogspot.com/2017/04/l-japanese-497mkii-r-us-9497-click-pic.html)

47715535421_e0e1c2eb9d_b.jpgDSC_4465 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    (the sharp-eyed will espy CAT5 feeding the supertweeter in the photo of my Frankenaltecs' all-first-order XO above :# )
  • gyosa
    I’ve been using the Kimber VS (black / grey ) for the last month or so ....
    Sounds great ....

Bk

• BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    I've always had good luck with Signal Cables........