LSiM Purchased during the Adorama Blow Out

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    She will be listening to it at 0 before you know it! :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Glad she's liking them. Mine hasn't commented much and I don't ask.

Mine are starting to get broken in as the sound is getting better. Very glad I bought them. Now I just need to sell my other speakers.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • pawelmwo
    pawelmwo Posts: 137
    mrloren wrote: »
    I'm still loving the LSiM's.

We watched Endgame on Friday night. 4K ATMOS oh my it was large. My wife said she missed some of the back story.

We started Friday night after Endgame with the Marvel in order they should be watched. On Saturday I couldn't get her away from the darn TV. I normally play a movie with her in the room @ -16 to -20db. I was doing some yard work and she turned it up to -12db. Said it sounded better. Yeah when I can hear it in the front yard it better sound good at -12db. In all she watched 8 of the Marvel flicks and had it cranked for them all. Glad I had about 15 hours of break in on the 704C.

I think it's great my wife has actually said she likes the LSiM on how good the look and how great they sound. In her words "these new speakers look great and have a big sound to them". She has never commented on any of my audio like that.

We are usually at -10db. But some movies are just so loud that even -18db is too much. Occasionally I find I have to boost the dialogue and lower the overall volume to make the surround not sound so deafening. I wish the standards were a bit more consistent and we didn’t have to ride the volume with some films.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    Sounds like you need to run your set up program again, then use an SPL meter to fine tune the individual settings. I set my rears 3dB lower than the fronts and my volume level at -25dB is plenty loud.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    pawelmwo wrote: »

We watched Endgame on Friday night. 4K ATMOS oh my it was large. My wife said she missed some of the back story.

We started Friday night after Endgame with the Marvel in order they should be watched. On Saturday I couldn't get her away from the darn TV. I normally play a movie with her in the room @ -16 to -20db. I was doing some yard work and she turned it up to -12db. Said it sounded better. Yeah when I can hear it in the front yard it better sound good at -12db. In all she watched 8 of the Marvel flicks and had it cranked for them all. Glad I had about 15 hours of break in on the 704C.

I think it's great my wife has actually said she likes the LSiM on how good the look and how great they sound. In her words "these new speakers look great and have a big sound to them". She has never commented on any of my audio like that.

We are usually at -10db. But some movies are just so loud that even -18db is too much. Occasionally I find I have to boost the dialogue and lower the overall volume to make the surround not sound so deafening. I wish the standards were a bit more consistent and we didn’t have to ride the volume with some films.

It's how the audio was mastered at the studio. Not every disc will be at the same sound level @ -25db.

Thing I'm noticing with the 704 is I'm having on some movies is I have to bump up the center by 3db or so to get decent voice dialog. Now it has me thinking of a 706.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • The 706 is no more efficient (louder) than the 704, both at 88db. However both are less efficient than the CSI it replaced.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mrloren
    edited August 2019
    la2vegas wrote: »

It's how the audio was mastered at the studio. Not every disc will be at the same sound level @ -25db.

Thing I'm noticing with the 704 is I'm having on some movies is I have to bump up the center by 3db or so to get decent voice dialog. Now it has me thinking of a 706.

Hmnn...sounds like perhaps you should have opted for the 706. Well at least you gave the 704 a try.

No easy button here, If I do go for a 706 I'd have to build a new stand. The wife said no new stand... or I'll be sorry.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707

Hmnn...sounds like perhaps you should have opted for the 706. Well at least you gave the 704 a try.

No easy button here, If I do go for a 706 I'd have to build a new stand. The wife said no new stand... or I'll be sorry.

It's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    F1nut wrote: »

Counterpoint: I am about to sell my house to a 65 year old divorcee. It’s never too late for her to leave your stubborn arse...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mrloren

last time she said that her mom moved in for almost a year.
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Counterpoint: I am about to sell my house to a 65 year old divorcee. It’s never too late for her to leave your stubborn arse...

Don't know if she would go that far, she makes more than I do. She would be paying me.

The opening on my stand is 8&3/4" so I'm about 1/2" off or so.

I did think about busting out the router and make the 18mm ply to 12mm.

I could order it and see how far it sticks out then she might like a new stand

I could also do nothing and live with the 704C,

For the most part it's not bad actually very good. Just a few movies and Netflix I find myself bumping it up more than I would have on the CSiA6
  • Romo11
    Romo11 Posts: 101
    I think the best thing to do is to go and buy a stand stretcher that is made specially for center channels.
  • mrloren
    Romo11 wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do is to go and buy a stand stretcher that is made specially for center channels.

I make my own stands
  • Romo11
    Sorry mrloren, I was making a joke. I know you make your stands. My apologies.
  • Romo11 wrote: »

For those who don’t have a tv/media stand below/in front of their tv. What would u guy suggest to hold the center channel? I’m almost envisioning something like those folding racks they have for electronic piano keyboards.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited August 2019
    I put the center on top of the sub woofer, which is in the center of the TV. Works great.

4ng7dimocli4.jpeg
    Post edited by BlueFox on
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I put the center on top of the sub woofer, which is in the center of the TV. Works great.

4ng7dimocli4.jpeg

Bud, aren’t you the one who spent like a bazillion dollars on those fancy schmancy little stabilizers for all your components so they don’t experience even a hint of a vibration? Now this? How bout a little love for your center channel?
    :p
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    While everything can be improved, this works fine for HT.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrloren
    edited August 2019

4ng7dimocli4.jpeg

My wife would SH** a brick if I moved the VTF3 out like that.

During lunch I made plans for a new stand. 9 & 3/4" for a center. I have a lot of woodwork coming up so I can sneak it in between the bookshelf's and shoe rack's that are now on order, oh crud there is also a desk

No worries, I saw the word "buy". I make my own cabinets (more for others) can't find ones I like for a decent price. Baltic Birch and made they way I want vs. trying to make some Ikea press board work.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited August 2019
    While everything can be improved, this works fine for HT.

Just a friendly dig, Bud. ;)

Hope you can smell the envy green I’m emitting... :)
    Post edited by teekay0007 on
  • Romo11

4ng7dimocli4.jpeg

My wife would SH** a brick if I moved the VTF3 out like that.

During lunch I made plans for a new stand. 9 & 3/4" for a center. I have a lot of woodwork coming up so I can sneak it in between the bookshelf's and shoe rack's that are now on order, oh crud there is also a desk

No worries, I saw the word "buy". I make my own cabinets (more for others) can't find ones I like for a decent price. Baltic Birch and made they way I want vs. trying to make some Ikea press board work.

I agree. I just wish that I had your talent in making wood projects. Very good work!

• simm
    simm Posts: 562
    edited August 2019
    I ordered the 702’s on Monday and received today. Won’t get them hooked up until this weekend but they are huge. I didn’t realize how big and heavy they are until I carried them upstairs and unboxed them. I now have the makings of a 7.1 system if I decide to go that route. 706, 705’s, 703’s and now these.
  • Romo11
    You should enjoy these. They sound great.

simm wrote: »
    I ordered the 702’s on Monday and received today. Won’t get them hooked up until this weekend but they are huge. I didn’t realize how big and heavy they are until I carried them upstairs and unboxed them. I now have the makings of a 7.1 system if I decide to go that route. 706, 705’s, 703’s and now these.

• mrloren
    The 706 is freaking huge

s0axi65v1zf6.jpg
    mmx855gv3y23.jpg

Here is the 704
    po2cxam15wny.jpg

and the CSi A6
    72gm39zn6dci.jpg

Yeah I'm going to have to build a new stand

Received it in perfect condition I re-boxed it till it;s new home is done

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    The 706 is freaking huge
    Yeah I'm going to have to build a new stand
    Received it in perfect condition I re-boxed it till it;s new home is done
    So, close...just needed a few inches here and there.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    It's been a few weeks since set up, still organizing space in a place with not so much...space. New foam soon to adorn the walls however much more strategic, like for the mains alone.

707's for mains, 706 c, 702's surround and A9's backing up the rears.

a3aesqufy6rw.jpg
    vjzqsuxm4n30.jpg
    1mat8bdjmzy1.jpg
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    You guys are worse than crack! Couldn't resist at the prices Adorma is charging. Break-in sucks. I almost forgotten how bad the LsiM sound right out of the box. A little more than 10 hours in and they are getting to be listenable. No this is not their permanent home, nor the CXN's.

c68jr72si83t.jpg
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited September 2019
    DaveHo wrote: »
    You guys are worse than crack! Couldn't resist at the prices Adorma is charging. Break-in sucks. I almost forgotten how bad the LsiM sound right out of the box. A little more than 10 hours in and they are getting to be listenable. No this is not their permanent home, nor the CXN's.

c68jr72si83t.jpg

I'm digging the Cambridge in the garage for sure! Or is that the basement? Was thinking about it for my garage, but you snagged it! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.