My kid is NUTS

As we were discussing gardening tips, Daughter just said "Dad, you need to try a banana and egg hair wash."

??????

Every Sunday at ole Dave's place.... :D

Comments

• Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Time for Judge Wapner!!
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    well, protein and fiber, I guess.

Speaking of protein -- I don't know about nowadays, but I was told on good authority that, at least in the early days of protein-containing shampoo formulations, the (human) proteins used were from collected placentas (placentae, if you will). Nope, I've never fact-checked that, because -- eww.

PS I've gotta say, I've seen a lot of ugly things -- a placenta is way up near the top of the heap.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Fertilizer? Kind of on topic
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Did try the “sugar scrub” concoction.

Brown sugar, honey, vanilla and olive oil to exfoliate dry skin.

Actually works.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Some girls are so crazy for the next beauty fad, you could tell them rolling in cow manure is great for the pores and exfoliates everything from their dry feet to their ashy elbows and eliminates stretch marks, and they would gladly rub it all over themselves...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    Many, many years ago, I went to a meeting in Israel. The last day I was there, I took a bus trip to Jericho and to the Dead Sea (a great and fascinating outing). There are these spas along the Dead Sea that specialize in beauty treatments formulated with Dead Sea mud. I think it was/is a pretty big deal. Brought some back for Mrs. H.

Stuff was like tar, if memory serves. :#
  • oldrocker
    Not much of a fad girl, more of a natural products person.

The great nieces and nephews, that's another story.

When one of them met our new dog Hazel, he said "Dope."
    Apparently being called dope is a compliment...
  • mhardy6647
    The argot of the "kids" today changes, like, hourly, thanks to the communal technology of the 'net. :#
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Tide Pods, with Banana and Egg Shampoo.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    oldrocker wrote: »

Don't get me started on that, but yes, dope is generally a higher compliment than awesome, amazing, etc.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084

Rocker,
    That one got a chuckle out of me
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • oldrocker
    I'll always love em.

Don't understand half the time but they make me laugh. :D
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    Yea, dope has completely different meanings to me and none of them meant what kids today mean when using it.
    Also, at least you still have enough hair to put eggs & nanners into!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • oldrocker
    Not entirely brother.

Down to a few sprouts here and there which is what started part of the whole goofy conversation with my daughter in the first place....

Can't wait until next Sunday night after dinner conversation.... :*

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    All kids are NUTS

fixed it for you.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2019
    Ehh, I dunno -- Our kids are both pretty well grounded -- OK, the math professor one sees the world a little differently than most folks, but that kinda comes with the territory (or maybe vice versa).

:)

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042

It's okay fam, you'll get the legit lingo down one day. I low key have faith in you. Then you too will be lit AF. Until then no need to be salty about it, throwing all that shade.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2019
    I know what half, or even more, of that hip, happenin' patois means -- 'cause I am cool AF.

;)
  • joecoulson
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Ehh, I dunno -- Our kids are both pretty well grounded -- OK, the math professor one sees the world a little differently than most folks, but that kinda comes with the territory (or maybe vice versa).

How old Doc? Pretty sure safe grown adults and therefore not “kids” anymore.
    I stand by my statement.
  • mhardy6647
    joecoulson wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

How old Doc? Pretty sure safe grown adults and therefore not “kids” anymore.
    I stand by my statement.

Very much adults (distressingly so, age-wise, to both them and to us, sometimes) -- but they definitely passed through the larval stage... I was there; I can vouch for it.

B)
  • joecoulson
    Lol. Time is the great healer!