Anyone notice?

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,781
We now have a little buttbook link at the bottom of each post now. Isn't that special.....

h0eu9tihlvtq.gif
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited August 2019
    Yes, I did. I wish Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram would die in a fire already. Oooh, how many shares did I get? Check out my cherry picked perfect life!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    Saw that this morning Jesse... I blame you for that one. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2019
    I thought it was a booger on my phone screen. I tried to wipe it off to no avail.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,422
    I thought it was a booger on my phone screen. I tried to wipe it off to no avail.
    ...and inadvertently nearly created a Facebook account just by touching the button.

I disabled signatures.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2019
    I already have a face booger sccount.. What is that anyway a share button?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,619
    edited August 2019
    They should make it so every time you click it is makes a f**t sound. Then they'd have something there.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    F1nut wrote: »
    We now have a little buttbook link at the bottom of each post now. Isn't that special.....
    Well, I'm now going to think hard about whether I really want to continue on here. I've avoided FB as much as possible. The idea that content from here can now be shared/linked to that platform with a simple click really irks me.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,647
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Well, I'm now going to think hard about whether I really want to continue on here. I've avoided FB as much as possible. The idea that content from here can now be shared/linked to that platform with a simple click really irks me.

As long as you don't click on it I don't see an issue...
  • nooshinjohn
    Someone else can...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,203
    edited August 2019
    I wasn't seeing it. I then turned off Adblock Plus on Firefox and it showed up.

I turned it back on.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,013
    Who put the link there?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    Has to be the new mod Jesse asked for a while back... ;):p

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Oh..just that was a ****.button!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    I don't "do" teh facebookz.
  • mdaudioguy

As long as you don't click on it I don't see an issue...

FB is insidious.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    That little blue f is obnoxious!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    WTF.... Yea I seen it earlier it pizzeszz me off ! I have ZERO Presence at that FN dive. I sure the fooke hope any thread I'm in here isn't transferred there at the click of an F.

Gawd¥¢}`×€√€}%[%×€×`[ whxiwn
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Oh..just that was a ****.button!
    Had the same thought

What best would come after like, lol,...but forkoff

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    That little blue f is obnoxious!!!

I dunno Jesse... the little blue F looks just like you.

6v9vo2v3f65y.jpg

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    Ew. It's like an ugly goiter attached to every post. It's even more visually irritating on the mobile version of the forum than it is on the desktop version.

"Hey, I don't use Facebook, but now that Vanilla put an ugly icon on the bottom of every single post, I'm going to start using it! Thanks Vanilla!"

-No one, ever.

Looks like other forums that use Vanilla are complaining about the same thing. This was likely a Vanilla software update that they rolled out, not something that Polk initiated. Hopefully once we get a moderator we can lobby for this "feature" to be switched off.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1220872/whats-with-the-facebook-icon-button
  • mdaudioguy
    “If those buttons are on the page, regardless of whether you touch them or not, Facebook is collecting data,”

https://www.consumerreports.org/privacy/how-facebook-tracks-you-even-when-youre-not-on-facebook/
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Everyone should be running the Privacy Badger and Adblocker extensions for Chrome or Firefox at a minimum.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    “If those buttons are on the page, regardless of whether you touch them or not, Facebook is collecting data,”

https://www.consumerreports.org/privacy/how-facebook-tracks-you-even-when-youre-not-on-facebook/

that is just wrong!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

that is just wrong!!

They heard what you just said and disagree with you.
  • pitdogg2
    OF course they did comrade...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Never really paid attention, too broke anyway. :)

I thought the F was for Fox news. lol

Seriously, you can't be surprised though. I wish the social media platforms would just blow up....maybe the whole internet with it. Some call this progress, but it causes more problems than it solves.....in my view anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,926
    tonyb wrote: »

Brilliant! :D
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,926
    Facebook and Google are advertising companies. FB today has a market capitalization of $442 billion. Google about $409. How do these companies make their money, if FB and Google are “free” to use (Gmail is “free”, Chrome is “free”... and if you have an Android phone, you MUST have a Gmail address to use the phone)? Targeted advertising and profiling which can be sold to advertisers to make their advertising dollars more effective.

It’s easier to avoid FB or Google with iOS or Mac OS, which severely limits how much user specific tracking they can do, but then users explicitly allow them to circumvent some of those privacy safeguards if they install their specific apps (including FB Messenger, WhatsApp, Google maps or Chrome). Frequently, they are also getting access to your contacts (very obvious with LinkedIn). In fact, in a similar story from 2017, Apple discovered that Uber were tracking users even after they deleted the Uber app, and threatened to remove them entirely from the App Store.

This is another Interesting Article, from just two years ago, about Apple’s attempts to block tracking in Safari, and how all those sign-in options that allow you to use your FB or Google login (instead of creating a new one for your account), help keep the tracking always active.

Remember the saying, if the price is too good to be true, then it probably isn’t? If you’re getting something for free, then it probably isn’t!
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    tonyb wrote: »
    Never really paid attention, too broke anyway. :)

Seriously, you can't be surprised though. I wish the social media platforms would just blow up....maybe the whole internet with it. Some call this progress, but it causes more problems than it solves.....in my view anyway.
    [emphasis added]

They're gettin' there. The 2020 election cycle may scuttle 'em completely. :|