Topping D10 USB DAC

124»

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I just ordered another D10 for my nice bedroom setup, for use with my Daphile streaming PC. I'm thinking about putting it in place of my existing D10 on my PC setup, in order to hear it fresh out of the box again. Just thought it could be an interesting experiment.

I'm so impressed by the performance of this $90 DAC that I was thinking about starting some sort of forum demo program, so that more people could listen to it.

However, it doesn't make as much sense as some of the other forum demo programs because it's USB only, and it's also relatively inexpensive. Assuming it would cost roughly $10 to ship it to the next person, that's about ten percent of it's price. So, it doesn't really seem as enticing versus if the DAC was $1k.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I still highly recommend the D10 for anyone looking for a USB only DAC. It's performance level is simply well above it's low price.
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    Mine came today. Gonna give it a try until I decide what I want to be when I grow up. Going on the office rig with the microrendu
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    I use one of these for my computer rig. Crazy quality for around $80.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones