LSiM Purchased during the Adorama Blow Out

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    mrloren wrote: »
    if Polk is coming out with a new line replacing the LSiM then there should be one or two more sales on these.

The CSiA6 does blend in decently enough.

Time for another movie.

With the sales they have had in the last couple of years I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Logical thinking one would think stock must be getting down there
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Looks like a good setup. A rack designed for wide screen TVs, and L/R speakers that match the setup. Good job.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • diverdog
    diverdog Posts: 27
    Thanks Blue Fox. I like the rack but not enough room for a serious center channel speaker. The Martin Logan sounds pretty good though. I had it left over from another project. The 707's don't look so big next to the 90". The speakers will be moved to my home theater when it's done in six months. I bought 3 707's and six 703's
  • ukcolin99
    ukcolin99 Posts: 286
    diverdog wrote: »
    Thanks Blue Fox. I like the rack but not enough room for a serious center channel speaker. The Martin Logan sounds pretty good though. I had it left over from another project. The 707's don't look so big next to the 90". The speakers will be moved to my home theater when it's done in six months. I bought 3 707's and six 703's
    3?
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    diverdog wrote: »

That's exactly what I was going to say. :D

That's a BIG TV for sure! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • diverdog
    diverdog Posts: 27
    [/quote]
    3?
    [/quote]

The third is for the center channel. It will be behind the "acoustically transparent" screen. I want identical speakers across the front.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Looks you both you and your daughter struck gold Loren, enjoy!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    Well, the 707's are in place and the A9's are relegated to the rear.

Adorama sent them double boxed with only minor damage to the Styrofoam protectors. I only had to tape two out of 6 back together.

The towers themselves were pristine, not a blemish or scratch. One of the grills took an impact (guessing) as it was slightly bent near the top. The outside edge was flattened with the body having a slight curve. I did some minor tweaking and good as new.

Every thing I have is cherry, unfortunately, Polk eBay sent me a 706 in a cherry box but it contained a mahogany speaker. There were no cherry's around at the time so I was unable to get a swap. My choice was to use it or lose it, and of course I didn't want to take a chance on not having a 706 since at that time, I was told the line was being discontinued and there might not be any more. But what the hell, as they say in the hood, it's all good.

So the mess is cleaned up, the double boxes are broken down in time for recycle tomorrow :wink: I think I'll kick back and have a listen for awhile. I'll get some pics up of the set up by weekend if not sooner.

@ken brydson you'll need to pay me a visit here pretty soon brother, my set up is 99% different from the last time you were here. The only thing that will be the same is that there will be A9's right behind your head :D
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    You should always keep the boxes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    While I still have some of my gear boxes, I also have gotten rid of others. At one point my 2 car garage was so full of gear boxes there was just enough room for my car.

I am now debating to keep or junk these Magico S5 MK 2 boxes.

oeoy2qyy6s05.jpeg

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited August 2019
    You should keep the Polk boxes. I still had the boxes for my Monitor 5's, sold those off to @dromunds and I still have the boxes for my SDA 2B's and Dynaudio's.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    BlueFox wrote: »
    While I still have some of my gear boxes, I also have gotten rid of others. At one point my 2 car garage was so full of gear boxes there was just enough room for my car.

oeoy2qyy6s05.jpeg

You should keep those unless you're 100% certain you'll never sell them.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    That’s why they are still here, but taking up a lot of room. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »

oeoy2qyy6s05.jpeg
    you will need them when you gift them to me...

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    F1nut wrote: »

I keep all of my speaker boxes, I only threw away the double box used for shipping. I'm not ignat.....lol
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • F1nut
    Ah, good man B)

President of Club Polk

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    I also keep my speaker boxes.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »

I keep all of my speaker boxes, I only threw away the double box used for shipping. I'm not ignat.....lol

It's "Ignant" not "ignat". Lol
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I don't keep my speaker boxes, no room. Then again I'm 20 minutes from Polk's Vista HQ
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    All boxes are in the loft above the garage ceiling. Of course crates such as the ones BlueFox has wouldn't fit. Then again, those are way above my pay grade.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    mrloren wrote: »
    I don't keep my speaker boxes, no room. Then again I'm 20 minutes from Polk's Vista HQ

Do they stock boxes if you needed some? I would think they are boxed in China and just dispersed from there. Maybe I'm wrong.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    If room for boxes is an issue, remember F1Nuts' advice to break the boxes down and store them flat.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited August 2019
    Or as the would say in Washington St
    It depends on how high you are
    ;)

JK
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a