Top Gun 2 trailer

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I learned all I needed to know about flight by listening intently to a stewardess tell me where the exits were...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Y’all inspired me to dig this one out and give it a spin.
    4en3gx2oz9wz.jpeg
    4uygzmvv4zj3.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    That pic of Val Kilmer always irritated me. His har was so far outside Navy regulation that it’s ridiculous and none of the Military reps and advisors called them out and told them it looked stupid.... Not that much else was remotely believable, but I laughed out loud as soon as I saw his hair.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited August 2019
    Well, you know what they say in the Navy..... it ain't ghay if you are underway!
    Lol
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    He pulled the cover off the GPz 900 Ninja and was riding a more modern bike. Unless of course they are two different scenes.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    gmcman wrote: »
    He pulled the cover off the GPz 900 Ninja and was riding a more modern bike. Unless of course they are two different scenes.

I was wondering if that was a diff bike.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Agreed - well worth the wait. Easily one of the best sequels I’ve seen. I never realized how tired the sterile CGI mill that is modern Hollywood has become. There’s just something more involving, moving and believable when you get the actors off a green-screen and do the actual work to make a REAL movie…

Refreshing indeed.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    I just wish I could have seen it in a theater filled with Navy and Marine Corps aviators like I did the first one. Hearing “Bulls#%*” shouted at the screen every 30 seconds was an amazing experience.

On YouTube, look up “Pop Gun”… an amusing spoof done by an F14 squadron back in the day….

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    We saw it today as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Saw it at Fleet Week in NYC. Awesome experience
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Only now he's just a lieutenant.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    I streamed it last night, loved it.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    FWIW the P51 in the movie is Tom's actual plane. He did actually fly the plane in the movie, supposedly is a very good pilot.
    I can't wait for it to be released on disc, I'll be waiting for the steelbook from Bestbuy to go with the steelbook of the first movie.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    vmaxer wrote: »

Also streamed it on tv.

Pre-purchased for $20 some time ago. It was released on Tuesday, but one of the kiddos is in the Air Force Junior Officer Training Candidate program in High School, so it made more sense to have time to watch it on a weekend.
    Alea jacta est!
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    zb9j3ahf3qrs.png

No CGI. 😅
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • vmaxer
    Kex wrote: »

Also streamed it on tv.

Pre-purchased for $20 some time ago. It was released on Tuesday, but one of the kiddos is in the Air Force Junior Officer Training Candidate program in High School, so it made more sense to have time to watch it on a weekend.

It cost me $21.89 including tax from Amazon. I will be buying it on disc as well. Loved it.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    Did you guys get the xtra digital of Tom scaring the schiznit out of James Corden? I seen the little bit of it on JC show. I knew there had to be more, and there was. You buy the digital and you're the only folks getting it, supposedly it will not be on the disc's.
  • Kex
    edited August 2022
    Oh! 😮

Thanks for bringing that up. 👍

I had noticed that the purchase mentioned “iTunes extras”, but ignored it. I see now that there are multiple “extras”. You can just about see the full list here, so I’ll check out the one with Corden. 👍

vglu9jbabn6g.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    P.S. The purchase also states that it’s in 4K, with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2022
    What did you expect?
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Did you guys get the xtra digital of Tom scaring the schiznit out of James Corden? I seen the little bit of it on JC show. I knew there had to be more, and there was. You buy the digital and you're the only folks getting it, supposedly it will not be on the disc's.

It’s viewable on youtube
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    This company will let you be ‘Top Gun’ for a day, if you’re brave enough

“Top Gun: Maverick” has dominated the box office, bringing the classic Tom Cruise franchise to a whole new generation of movie lovers. For die-hard fans of the flick, the company Sky Combat Ace is offering the ride of a lifetime.

“Here at Sky Combat Ace, you get to hop on board with one of our expert instructors where you’ll be calling the shots and pulling stunts that would make Maverick proud,” the company said in a promotion. “Our highly trained professional pilots will be your guides as you soar above the skyline and get a feel for what these top pilots experience every time they leave the ground.”

https://www.skycombatace.com/
    63dhstney0na.png
    vtertg3gjzwy.png

https://youtu.be/1tMD96TcFyc
    980y1tcw9gao.png

^^^^^^ I saw this story in the Atlanta Newspaper this morning. There are some very interesting videos of people who have taken one of these "flights". In Las Vegas, San Diego, Lake Tahoe.

I had the opportunity and once experienced the feel of flying all kinds of maneuvers in a single engine plane over North Georgia after taking off from Dekalb-Peachtree Airport in Atlanta. It started with inside loops and outside loops, rolls, then to ones that I don't remember very well. The maneuvers lasted about 30-45 minutes. The pilot was a business acquaintance and a former B-52 pilot. He still enjoyed flying in his own plane. Another of his hobbies was singing opera.

I experienced motion sickness once I returned to the ground and got in a car to leave the airport. I had to ask him to stop the car so I could get rid of my breakfast.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • vmaxer
    FWIW the P51 in the movie is Tom's actual plane. He did actually fly the plane in the movie, supposedly is a very good pilot.
    I can't wait for it to be released on disc, I'll be waiting for the steelbook from Bestbuy to go with the steelbook of the first movie.

I just received the steel book edition.

Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2

Where did you get it or did you internet it?
  • vmaxer

Where did you get it or did you internet it?

Amazon
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • vmaxer
    962znpw7rssc.jpeg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    Well fudge! I do not buy from Amazon
    Thanks Billy, I'll wait until BB or a local Target has them in stock.