Disturbed Evolution(Deluxe)

Hello everyone,
I just discovered that Disturbed released their new Album last year yesterday. I usually keep up with things like this but somehow this slipped by me. Anyway I listened to the entire Album and I have mixed feelings about it.
Seems like they are now playing more Ballad type stuff I'm assuming due to the fact " Sound of Silence" was such a huge hit and rightfully so. Amazing song BUT that's not what they do best.
Anyway the one song I really like but HATE some of the things they did on it is " In Another Time". I usually don't pick on songs to hard ( yeah right I murder this LOL) but in the beginning of the song they have this really cool intro BUT then it slows down completely setting you up for the next part instead of punching you in the face like I would have. I would have JUMPED right into the heavy riff causing drama instead of tension. I think the song would have flowed better. And the F&%cking Talk box b*llSh*T gotta go. I think they should be left to Pop and Rap music and have NO PLACE in Metal Music. It's annoying and sounds like a Producer made them put that in because it's WHATS POPULAR these days. I hate it as this song could have been completely badass and I feel these things ruin it from being a 5 star song to my rating is 3 stars at best. The riff I love I think it's written extremely well but the talk box and stupid slow down in the intro ruin this song from me complete loving it.
This album has me at odds. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It has it's moments but some of the Industry popular things in it ruin it for me. I wish they just wrote how they always wrote and leave the stupid gimmick stuff out. They are WAY to good to need any of that crap in their music.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    Nothing since their first album has excited me, I love their version of SOS but it's nothing I really go back to.. I'm the same with Godsmack, their first album is gold, everything after it, its a song here and there I like..
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Asylum got me hooked into Disturbed. I’ve since acquired their whole collection. I like Evolution, took a few plays to get me, but agree not my fave. But still playable, IMO.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited August 2019
    verb wrote: »
    Asylum got me hooked into Disturbed. I’ve since acquired their whole collection. I like Evolution, took a few plays to get me, but agree not my fave. But still playable, IMO.

Agreed, Evolution has grown on me after a few spins. Can understand why some folks don't like all their stuff...kind of the Nickelback of the Metal world. After a bit their songs can sound the same. But, you can't deny they are Disturbed from the first few bars of a song. Regardless, I really enjoy them.

The Sickness was my intro and I play it, along w/Ten Thousand Fists and Immortalized, regularly when I work out. I used The Sickness to pace myself during the running portion of my military PT tests. Nice fast beat. Try running to the pace of those drums and bass line!

Saw them in concert last night and they put on quite a show. Played for 2 hours. No nonsense...just hard hitting, melodic and infectious performance. Stage show was pretty straight forward w/pyro and video backdrop. As a bonus, received a free copy of their Evolution CD when I purchased the concert tickets.

Crappy vid from my phone of the encore/finale..."The Sickness". Crowd went wild! Here's the link to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wbE3Xhe-Zymj1fVWbuKJ4puw5QdmKgWx

...and a few pics I snapped:

himvrpwmrfqy.jpgy2bmpjg3pgl5.jpg
    yabebfdewl06.jpg
    1su9s3inobgl.jpg
    nfyoogl1nk49.jpg
    96d4v8l2dy5q.jpg
    j2jvdc7q8e68.jpg
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Saw them in Dallas and I was glad I went. I'm not a huge Disturbed fan, but they do know how to put on a live show. I still can't get over Draiman is starting to look like Phil Collins AND sings a Gensis song. Once I put that together I couldn't stop thinking about it.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    I still can't get over Draiman is starting to look like Phil Collins AND sings a Gensis song. Once I put that together I couldn't stop thinking about it.
    Now that's funny! Hadn't thought of this but can't stop, too.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬