Disturbed Evolution(Deluxe)

mantismantis Posts: 15,334
Hello everyone,
I just discovered that Disturbed released their new Album last year yesterday. I usually keep up with things like this but somehow this slipped by me. Anyway I listened to the entire Album and I have mixed feelings about it.
Seems like they are now playing more Ballad type stuff I'm assuming due to the fact " Sound of Silence" was such a huge hit and rightfully so. Amazing song BUT that's not what they do best.
Anyway the one song I really like but HATE some of the things they did on it is " In Another Time". I usually don't pick on songs to hard ( yeah right I murder this LOL) but in the beginning of the song they have this really cool intro BUT then it slows down completely setting you up for the next part instead of punching you in the face like I would have. I would have JUMPED right into the heavy riff causing drama instead of tension. I think the song would have flowed better. And the F&%cking Talk box b*llSh*T gotta go. I think they should be left to Pop and Rap music and have NO PLACE in Metal Music. It's annoying and sounds like a Producer made them put that in because it's WHATS POPULAR these days. I hate it as this song could have been completely badass and I feel these things ruin it from being a 5 star song to my rating is 3 stars at best. The riff I love I think it's written extremely well but the talk box and stupid slow down in the intro ruin this song from me complete loving it.
This album has me at odds. I'm not sure if I like it or not. It has it's moments but some of the Industry popular things in it ruin it for me. I wish they just wrote how they always wrote and leave the stupid gimmick stuff out. They are WAY to good to need any of that crap in their music.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 14,161
    Nothing since their first album has excited me, I love their version of SOS but it's nothing I really go back to.. I'm the same with Godsmack, their first album is gold, everything after it, its a song here and there I like..
  • verbverb Posts: 6,590
    Asylum got me hooked into Disturbed. I’ve since acquired their whole collection. I like Evolution, took a few plays to get me, but agree not my fave. But still playable, IMO.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1, Marantz AMP-1, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub