T-minus 7 days and counting... Verb better not screw this up!

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Outside in the parking lot at an employee car show should be cool. Inside the museum area also should be ok, but inside the advanced studios or production areas... they would walk you off the property and fire you later at Subaru...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Our plant has several signs posted stating a photographic equipment is banned on company property. However, I've had my bosses and engineers ask me to take pics of a part or process and send it to them. Double edge sword. I always make sure they ask before I potentially set myself up.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Where do you work?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kharp1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    For d. Electrician in paint dept. I deal mainly with the seam sealing and liquid applied sound deadening application.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Changed my mind...

Elkhart Lake Blue, carbon accents, carbon stripe, carbon top, black trident wheels, black suede guts with yellow stitching and belts, and a big A$$ WANG!!!

cwtfknxkzxyr.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    Options
    I love that blue! I'm still flip-flopping over wheels. And I would like a very classy tan/saddle/light brown/whatever interior please and thank you.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,077
    Options
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Viking64
    Options
    Verb,
    Isn't this your building in this Digital Trends article?

I am going to guess: "Yes."

2ef2tthaf04h.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    Yeah, I like the blue, too.
    (FWIW)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    mie5f6bthqnu.jpg

Not sure about the paint job though...

I think there's a 3D image in it. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    That’s the cloaking option. It makes the car completely invisible, or look like anything else the driver wants it to. Tony Stark gave the tech to our very own Verb before he died...

• Viking64
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    I think there's a 3D image in it. :D

Yeah, an image of a Nissan Leaf. :p
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options

Yep! That's my building! And, an autonomous Chevy Bolt driving around campus. We should have a fully functioning autonomous fleet on campus very soon! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    Yesterday actually got to touch one! The star of the show, getting all kinds of play by the employees! Had to walk over to Design Studio for a meeting during the show (ugh), but quickly stopped by the C8 exhibit (only one was on display), but was able to get close to it. Had to wait a bit (3-4 people deep) just to snap some pics. Man, this is exquisitie! :smile:
    ok5yff21pokm.png
    mf1g518epy2v.png
    negc33vrzsxy.png
    x0d8qp3s3utl.png

Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    As a side note, sitting in the 59 while on a conference call during the show. Then had to leave for other meetings. Got back after the show was over. Oh well, gotta work!

But overall was a lot of fun. At least 1000 vehicles were there. And, at least I got the vehicles started and ready for next month's Woodward Dream Cruise! :smile:
    94b2tgcs43lh.png
    bh6e06w2edrm.png
    gxfyecjgejvi.png
  • verb
    Options
    Instagram? What's Instagram? :smile: A team of very young employees roaming around taking pics of cars and their owners. I got snagged. Some colleagues of mine (young) from all over the globe send me this pic. At least I don't have to create an account! :smile: All fun!
    mulkvbrru7yq.png
  • verb
    Options
    So yes I'm an Interior guy. However I spent my earlier days in Chassis, and some time in Powertrain Integration. For an Interior, all I can say is OMG! Suede & Leather all over the place. Even a suede accented steering wheel! The customer has the ability to get contrasting stitching in different colors on the same color interior panel. Even 6 colors of seat belts! Machined aluminum speaker grilles. Truly an american icon, but certainly exotic! :smile:
    df8ezeyl9z9x.png
  • kharp1
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Yesterday actually got to touch one! The star of the show, getting all kinds of play by the employees! Had to walk over to Design Studio for a meeting during the show (ugh), but quickly stopped by the C8 exhibit (only one was on display), but was able to get close to it. Had to wait a bit (3-4 people deep) just to snap some pics. Man, this is exquisitie! :smile:

mf1g518epy2v.png

I like this generation of Vette a lot, think it's long overdue, but, is it just me, or, is that a funky looking info screen? Looks like it was a complete afterthought and completely lacks any sense of integration.
  • verb
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

mf1g518epy2v.png

I like this generation of Vette a lot, think it's long overdue, but, is it just me, or, is that a funky looking info screen? Looks like it was a complete afterthought and completely lacks any sense of integration.

You gotta see in person! Kinda an iPad play, which is all the rage these days! Can't wait to actually sit in one!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I have to admit I think it looks fantastic, and I can appreciate the effort put into designing and building it. Still, it’s just a car. If I win one in a contest I will give it a try for a bit, but upgrading to Magico S7 will be what happens when I sell it. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    I saw the car in person today for the first time, and all I can say is WOW! I will be going back tonight to see it again and take pictures. I will post some later...

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,929
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I saw the car in person today...
    Gotta love L.A.!

We get to see almost everything with unnerving regularity, and anything new within days of launch!

Nevermind all the Bentleys, Lamborghinis, Ferraris; don’t even mention the plebeian S-Class, 7-series or Tesla Model S (which are as common as a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord) but there are really only TWO vehicles seen in the wild that have ever really caught my attention... One was a Rolls Royce Dawn drop top with the beautiful wood cover on the back (in front of a restaurant in Malibu) and even more so, a Bugatti Veyron in black and red that really just demanded attention. If I had that much money, I just might have to sacrifice myself! Until then, I’ll stick with what I’ve got... :D

Oh wait... P.S. There was that one time when I saw the Avon Lady in her Pink Cadillac = priceless!
    Post edited by Kex on
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    There are 6 pilot build cars that are being shown at dealerships across the country. They are transported in special truck/trailers to events sponsored by the dealers themselves. There are another batch of cars that are being used for real-world testing.

The car I saw today was impeccable. The paint was better than just about any exotic/supercar I have seen. No orange peel or swirl marks on any surface. The interior was also amazing, with the only plastic in sight being inside the cupholder area. It definitely was built to take on the world's best, but Ferrari still has the better feel to the inside.

I am not a fan of the "landing strip" climate control buttons that line the separation between driver and passenger, and I think this will be addressed as part of a mid -cycle refresh of the car in 2021-22... Overall, I am in love with this car, and as soon as my wife gets home I will be off to see it again, and maybe wait until they load it back in the truck so I can hear it run as well.

• verb
    Options
    At the Detroit Hamtramck plant (soon to close), every year they would make a special run of pink Cadillacs! The last Cadillac to run there was the venerable DTS (I launched that baby) Metallic, or Pearl Pink, IIRC. Beautiful color! Not the pasty pink you see on some!
  • verb
    Options
  • Viking64
    Options
    I am not a fan of the "landing strip".

eahx7umxmo6o.gif
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    There are 6 pilot build cars that are being shown at dealerships across the country. ... The interior was also amazing, with the only plastic in sight being inside the cupholder area. It definitely was built to take on the world's best, but Ferrari still has the better feel to the inside.

What's the dashboard top surface made out of?

x7akyy8tgz5c.png
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    There are 6 pilot build cars that are being shown at dealerships across the country. ... The interior was also amazing, with the only plastic in sight being inside the cupholder area. It definitely was built to take on the world's best, but Ferrari still has the better feel to the inside.

What's the dashboard top surface made out of?

x7akyy8tgz5c.png

Leather. Pretty commonplace nowadays really though. But doesn't detract from some nicely appointed surfaces in the car. I would prefer alcantara counter-fabrics to go along with the leather surfaces not only for the quality of the material but for the "grippy" effect it has on seating to help prevent sliding around.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    You won’t be sliding around in those seats. They grip you and don’t let go. You feel like you were poured into them.