T-minus 7 days and counting... Verb better not screw this up!

Options

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Wow. That is one beautiful machine. Love the styling.
    Is this considered a targa top?

Looking forward to seeing (and hearing) more. I imagine this thing's gotta sound and feel beastly, smooth and seductive. I suspect there's gonna be an influx of local and state "municipal revenue" B)

Hope so! Makes me very proud. And, gotta build my retirement fund! Bring on the revenue!

Technically yes it’s a “targa”, but IIRC that term is actually trademarked by Porsche.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    Starting to like it more with the camo off. Rear end is too Camaro for me,wish they would've styled away from that look. It won't affect sales though. Let's hope the first year run is improved upon having issues at a minimum. They do have a bad reputation for first gen. cars. Be interesting to see if it will attract the younger crowd because now it's mostly old farts who own them which I never understood.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Just saw Josh's video - wicked. Can't wait to start seeing these around. The US has really done well. There was a time I wouldn't even entertain the thought of buying an American made car due to some pretty awful experiences in my early driving years in the 80s, but I can't help but take notice of these newer designs and tech. Beautiful stuff. They're all making beefy cars again. Love that Challenger, as well. Even those suped up Focii are intriguing.
    I disabled signatures.
  • charley95
    Options
    I was surprised at how many people speculated that it would base near a 100k.
  • msg
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if it will attract the younger crowd because now it's mostly old farts who own them which I never understood.
    Haha, it's because it's the old farts who can afford them. My question is - why do people with fast cars always drive them 5 to 10 under? Such a waste. Get on it, and use it! Or at least, don't make me miss my light because you're babying it so much. Then again, old farts.,,
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    My bet is this car takes sales away from Hellcat and Mustang as well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    The exterior design is great, and the interior is also stunning.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I am going to see it in the flesh on July 28th at the Peterson... any of you wish to meet there, maybe we can grab lunch afterwards.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited July 2019
    Options
    BOSE speakers?!?!? Ugh.....ball. dropped.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options

7r9v8xyayxch.jpeg

This Corvette is the best looking of all that I call the modern ones. It is the best looking of them since the mid 1960's.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    It's a looker for sure. I bet it will have more bugs than your local roach motel.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • charley95
    Options
    Gonna love watching the dealers charge smuck price [market adjustment price] for it. Can't wait to see a ZR1 version in a few years.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Be interesting to see if it will attract the younger crowd because now it's mostly old farts who own them which I never understood.
    Haha, it's because it's the old farts who can afford them. My question is - why do people with fast cars always drive them 5 to 10 under? Such a waste. Get on it, and use it! Or at least, don't make me miss my light because you're babying it so much. Then again, old farts.,,

(EDIT) I reckon that there're approximately as many young people interested in owning a car at all, much less owning a gloriously impractical and not particularly green one, as there are young people interested in owning, say, large loudspeakers or large, powerful analog hifi audio equipment.

:/
    It's a looker for sure. I bet it will have more bugs than your local roach motel.
    Yup. I mean, it's a GM product. The folks who brought us the Vega, the Chevette,
    "X-body" automobiles, the Aztek (OK, that one was OK other than its hallucinogenic cosmetics) and the Fiero. What could possibly go wrong? ;)
    Gonna love watching the dealers charge smuck price [market adjustment price] for it. Can't wait to see a ZR1 version in a few years.
    Yup. They'll be bid up and up and up. Heck, if it's happenin' with KIA SUVs...?! :p

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2517163#Comment_2517163
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    BOSE speakers?!?!? Ugh.....ball. dropped.

Lol yeah, I kinda cringed when I heard that! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    What? No Lambo doors.

Not for $60k.
    Guess you need a Tesla to get cool doors on an American vehicle ;)

glbadorpbhwt.png
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I guess I am just bitter 'cause GM never produced this mid-engined Corvette...

ggs0qbjg78tk.png

I might consider dropping $60k for one of those. :#
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,962
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Its cool but a bit too Camaro ish. Definitely a styling improvement over the the couple previous years' Bat Mobiles. Cars are like women....need to see one on the street to make a final judgement.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Why are the wipers in the up position?
    7r9v8xyayxch.jpeg

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • msg
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I had a 'vette in high school. The Chevette Scooter. It was my first car, and I pretty much only had it long enough to burn up the clutch. There was a water leak at the radio antenna, and the right passenger tub used to fill up with water every time it rained.

This was the car I also learned to do 180s in. On rain-slicked suburban streets (Yeah, we were dumb, but it was soo much fun.) Apparently those cars were RWD.

Early on, when my dad was trying to teach me how to drive a stick, we were trying to get out of the neighborhood. We were about a 1/4 mile away from the house, at a quiet intersection, and I kept stalling. My dad, in "crash protect mode" with his hands braced on the dash, was trying to instruct me, and I just wasn't gettin' it. So frustrated, I jumped outta the car and ran home! My dad shouted, "HEY! GET BACK HERE!!" and chased me in reverse (I could hear the gear winding up), employing his expert Vietnam tactical driving experience, and me, over my shoulder while I was bookin' it, "NOO!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!" So he busts one of those reverse 180s, and rolls up to the house shortly after. I was in my room at this point listening to angry music, iirc.

I hated that car then, but it probably actually beat out the P.O.S. '81 4cyl Mustang, and the later '81 Dodge Aries K-car wagon I inherited from my mother, with beige vinyl seats, no AC and back windows that didn't roll down. We took that car to Florida one year! Pretty sure my little brother and I were brain damaged. Surf stickers and a cheap bike rack only made it marginally cooler. I also bent the rear passenger door hinge one day while installing that bike rack, reversing out of the car port, neglecting to close the door. Always a great laugh when my friends would forget, and enter through that door, because it would spring open and smash their knuckles anytime anyone opened that door.

That car would eventually catch fire in a pretty rich girl's driveway the day after prom, but that's another story for another time...

Ahh, good times, good times... B)

dni7fc8tsyka.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    That car would eventually catch fire in a pretty rich girl's driveway the day after prom, but that's another story for another time...

Or for now:

"It caught fire one day at the foot of a pretty girl's driveway while I was returning her camera for a friend. Her mom was down nearby moving the sprinkler and saw the white cloud coming from the gaps and said, "Oh, is your car running a little hot?" I said, "Yeah, it does that sometimes." She said, "Well, you're welcome to some water," as I popped the hood. It was not steam, it was smoke. And flames. She ran off screaming. I ran up after and grabbed a bit bucket of water and ran back down the driveway wrestling that 5gal bucket, and doused the engine.

Her dad, a well to do gearhead, fixed it up enough for me to get it home.

I thought he was being nice. Thinking back now, remembering the frenzy and determination with which he worked, I realize now that it was simply more likely that he didn't want it sitting there any longer than necessary."
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options

yep and the old body style vette's just lost a lot of value I'm betting ... Of course that is just my personal opinion.

• nooshinjohn
    edited July 2019
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Why are the wipers in the up position?
    7r9v8xyayxch.jpeg

The wipers are up because the hangars are so big that condensation can form on its roof and beams, causing it to “rain” inside. The auto sensing wipers kicked on while it was being driven in.

• msg
    Options
    LOL, Drew, that's that other story exactly!
    Clipdat wrote: »

Or for now:

"It caught fire one day at the foot of a pretty girl's driveway while I was returning her camera for a friend. Her mom was down nearby moving the sprinkler and saw the white cloud coming from the gaps and said, "Oh, is your car running a little hot?" I said, "Yeah, it does that sometimes." She said, "Well, you're welcome to some water," as I popped the hood. It was not steam, it was smoke. And flames. She ran off screaming. I ran up after and grabbed a bit bucket of water and ran back down the driveway wrestling that 5gal bucket, and doused the engine.

Her dad, a well to do gearhead, fixed it up enough for me to get it home.

I thought he was being nice. Thinking back now, remembering the frenzy and determination with which he worked, I realize now that it was simply more likely that he didn't want it sitting there any longer than necessary."

I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    So, who has ordered one?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options

Mustang maybe. Hellcat, unlikely.

Primarily because the handling of the Hellcat models is mostly straight line favoring. Corvettes and Mustangs have had a long running rivalry but the Corvette still rules the handling roost. Even with significant upgrades, the Mustang will struggle to keep up on the skid-pad.

The comparison is like the day I did my 458 Italia track day...the 458 was very scalpel like. I only got it to break loose once pushing at 9/10ths. While the Z06s that were there was a sledgehammer in comparison. They still handled great but the sector times easily favored the Corvette in the straighter sections while the Ferrari pistol-whipped the Vettes when the sectors were twistier.

Obviously, this is a different animal but I still see the drag racers picking the brute muscle of the chunky Hellcats over the scalpel like tendencies of the C8.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    So, who has ordered one?

My friend is trying to figure out how to get his wife to green light getting the new one.
    I am trying to figure out how to buy his old one.

Finish basement or new car???
    It all depends on what he wants I guess.
    I would keep his old one if I was him. He also has a 98 convertible.

uj7emulvh8co.jpeg
    xzfbfwwetxro.jpeg
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I am going to hold off on ordering until after launch, perhaps as a 2021 model. I want to see all the colors first. I am drawn to the burgundy one with a natural/burgundy interior, but I need to see that color on the car before I order.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    I am going to hold off on ordering until after launch, perhaps as a 2021 model. I want to see all the colors first. I am drawn to the burgundy one with a natural/burgundy interior, but I need to see that color on the car before I order.

You're supposed to be able to do this online.

https://chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2020-corvette/reserve-now

But, the website is buggy. It won't even let me choose a model year. D'oh!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Yup. They'll be bid up and up and up. Heck, if it's happenin' with KIA SUVs...?! :p

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2517163#Comment_2517163

Leave me outa this @mhardy6647 !!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!