T-minus 7 days and counting... Verb better not screw this up!

Options

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I’m just confused why they choose camo. I can clearly see the car. :/

They should choose a POS car skin that nobody will stare at, such as a Prius.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I’m just confused why they choose camo. I can clearly see the car. :/

They should choose a POS car skin that nobody will stare at, such as a Prius.
    😂
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    I think the site is overwhelmed...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    I am going to hold off on ordering until after launch, perhaps as a 2021 model. I want to see all the colors first. I am drawn to the burgundy one with a natural/burgundy interior, but I need to see that color on the car before I order.

zbn3g09p6dqx.png
    source: https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/best-day-of-the-decade-new-corvette-reveal.5117/#post-102458

^^^ I'd buy that one in a heartbeat. I mean, if I could, and if I had money and stuff.

B)

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Fixed it
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Cars are like women....need to drive it like you stole it to determine it's worth.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    So, who has ordered one?

I did! Course it's the 1:20 scale model but hey!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Elkhart Lake Blue, CF Roof.
    loabrajk3918.jpg
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    mnf3jlm13dwo.jpg
    79oxxoalfk5g.jpg

pbqvq81uhub9.jpg
    zaqnmdo8id6h.jpg

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    It's the only modern Corvette I've ever had a desire to own.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    It's the only modern Corvette I've ever had a desire to own.

This is '63 SWC all over again as far as I am concerned. This car will not only redefine Corvette, but also change perceptions of value in the supercar world. A game changer for which no other builder has an answer. GM released data has the base car's performance being equal to or better than Ferrari 488, Ford GT, Porsche 911 and a McClaren model I cannot think of at the moment. All those cars are anywhere from twice to ten times the cost of the C8.

When they start getting serious about the truly high performance C8 variants, I don't think outperforming cars like the Aston Valkyrie, Bugatti Chiron, and LaFerrari are out of the realm of possibility. I doubt GM's ability to match these cars for build quality and materials or in shear luxury feel, but their engineering prowess on this car appears to be sound.

Bottom line is this car will be a hell of a lot of fun to watch on the road, a blast to own, and an intriguing car to follow as it goes forward with new variants.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    At the base price, there will also be a metric ton of aftermarket equipment to hop it up for way less of a total investment than anything else out there in the "supercar" category.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Widebody kits for getting fatter tires under the rear end and superchargers to supply the extra power...

• mrbiron
    Options
    How many cup holders?

Will there be a rear wiper blade option?
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    How many cup holders?
    I see a space for two.

This car is so slick there is no need for wipers at all IMHO. It will dance through the drops without every getting wet

• mrbiron
    Options
    This car is so slick there is no need for wipers at all IMHO. It will dance through the drops without every getting wet

Then I’m out...

:D
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Then I’m out...

:D

Then get back in the pool
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options

So it hydroplanes very easily? :D:D:D

• mhardy6647
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

So it hydroplanes very easily? :D:D:D

No tires on the windshield*, you big silly.

________
    * and no wipers on the tires, either :p

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Today at work they had a black version in the Design Studio lobby. Got to see it up close and personal. Black is not my color for a car, as it IMO tends to downplay a lot of the surface details. But, I can say, I love it! Proportions are just right, stance is low, and the overall exterior is really really nice. Doors were locked, with "do not touch" signs all over, but it was really cool to get close to one! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • halo
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Today at work they had a black version in the Design Studio lobby. Got to see it up close and personal. Black is not my color for a car, as it IMO tends to downplay a lot of the surface details. But, I can say, I love it! Proportions are just right, stance is low, and the overall exterior is really really nice. Doors were locked, with "do not touch" signs all over, but it was really cool to get close to one! :smile:

Congrats man & thanks for your hard work on the project!
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options

I know, man, why do they do that cr ap?? I work here, I should be able to drive the dang thang! They use to bring the exotics around occasionally and set them up, same thing, roped off and do not touch. Bastages, as many hours as I put in on that line I should get to light the tires up once!!
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I have to say, FWIW (style maven that I am :p ), I don't like the aesthetics from the pure side view.

i86f6ngmubmn.png

To me, it looks short. Squat.
    It reminds me of some other, much lesser vehicle(s); I have to think about which, though.

I guess one of them that pops to mind, believe it or not, is this one! It's the mid-cab, I think.

ptozde0q4pdb.png

Somehow, my impression is that the big-boy midengines have typically had the cab obviously forward, with an elongated rear end that emphasized their midengined-ness :#

6grdvpho5tau.png

• halo
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I have to say, FWIW (style maven that I am :p ), I don't like the aesthetics from the pure side view.

i86f6ngmubmn.png

That color (Blade SIlver?) doesn't look good on that car at all (in my humble opinion).

• halo
    Options
    I don't care for the black under the door but you cannot have the black accent by the vent without the black strip at the bottom of the door. When it's all the body color, I don't really care for that either.
  • verb
    Options
    So tomorrow is our annual Tech Center car show. Should be some C8 corvettes on display, as well as 100's of other employee owned vehicles. Forecast is good weather!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

i86f6ngmubmn.png

That color (Blade SIlver?) doesn't look good on that car at all (in my humble opinion).

I gotta see that color up close! Looks like a white base coat with some metallic tint? Maybe they'll have one out at the show tomorrow! :smile:
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    So tomorrow is our annual Tech Center car show. Should be some C8 corvettes on display, as well as 100's of other employee owned vehicles. Forecast is good weather!

You must shoot some pics for us, please.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    charley95 wrote: »

You must shoot some pics for us, please.

Don't know about Verbs plant, but, cameras are verboten at ours. That will get you fired.