T-minus 7 days and counting... Verb better not screw this up!

Or I will have Tony’s Concrete service waiting to pour you a new driveway... :p

https://media.chevrolet.com/nextgenCorvette
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    As someone who has driven a few mid-engine cars, I love that Chevrolet decided to make the next Corvette mid-engine!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited July 2019
    Here's a rendering in blue. :)

92lmj19z5scs.jpg

596quhm4qo0z.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited July 2019
    You saw the Mid Engine C8, sans camo, in Arlington? Are you sure it wasn’t a C7?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Gorgeous....I dig it. Time to trade in the Jag, John.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    I'd actually wait till 2022 Gen3 version when all the kinks and customer feedback is in and adjustments are made. Yeah she's a looker.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Holy smokes what a beautiful ride. My first thought was it's almost Ferrarish. Any idea what pricing will be?
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited July 2019
    I am amused that two posts above say, in effect, "Chevy couldn't do anything better than copy Lambo or Ferrari for their new Corvette" ;)

I don't think it looks like a Lamborghini at all, FWIW -- they're all pretty angular still (at least AFAIK)

As for me -- I still have no plans to pay more for a car than we paid for our first house ($40k). So far, so good. So ... maybe a used Corvette some day... although there's an old-ish Miata for sale down the road from us for $2800 that, at least, looks nice. I'd have made a serious offer for it, but it has an automatic transmission :(

In all seriousness, I am glad, and slightly amazed, that GM is finally going the true exoticar route with the venerable Corvette. 'bout time, ain't it? Dollar for dollar, the Corvette has long been one of the best values out there for a sports performance car, I would say. It does deserve to be midengined.
  • mhardy6647
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I'd actually wait till 2022 Gen3 version when all the kinks and customer feedback is in and adjustments are made. Yeah she's a looker.

Yup -- I will prognosticate cooling problems with the engine in the early production models B)

Alternatively, wait for 2026 and the AWD, four-motor electric 'vette.
    (speaking of 'cooling problems...)

7sm77636ccoy.png

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Much better looking than I thought it would be. If I was going to buy one, I would wait a year or two to get the first year problems fixed.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • jflail2
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I am amused that two posts above say, in effect, "Chevy couldn't do anything better than copy Lambo or Ferrari for their new Corvette" ;)

Errr, that's not what I said at all. It just reminded me of a Ferrari at first glance.

bg-header.jpg

• mhardy6647
    edited July 2019
    ^^^ boy howdy, it really does.

372d3rea2dch.png
    bg-header.jpg

Actually, I saw one of those Ferraris a coupla weeks ago on the local freeway and thought it was the new Corvette. No kidding. But it was red, and it did sport the prancing horse badge

I also get a sense of the current Camaro in the new Corvette (particularly the front end).

cochj1t5uji2.png

6qsqjw1mydea.png
    596quhm4qo0z.jpg
  • jflail2
    Wow, a La Ferrari in the wild? Lucky man. I've only seen an Aventador so far here, but have only been here 6 months. I'm sure there are some other top tier rides in town, just haven't seen them yet. And yea, I can see that Camaro front end comparison.

• mhardy6647
    They're surprisingly common in northern New England -- but only in the warm weather :p

• mhardy6647
    I should be clear -- I didn't get a long enough look :) to be sure it's the same model, but it had headlights like that one and it was certainly every bit as swoopy as that one!

bg-header.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I should be clear -- I didn't get a long enough look :) to be sure it's the same model, but it had headlights like that one and it was certainly every bit as swoopy as that one!
    Is it possible that it was a 458? Some of those can be had for under $200,000. A LaFerrari would set someone back upwards of 2 million. :o

38rg8lsl0ho9.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    edited July 2019
    488 is more likely...

aizeyzsacewb.jpeg

• mhardy6647
    ^^^ Totally possible.
    I don't remember seeing the side air intakes.
    Heck, $200k. If I went with the price of our second house I could buy one of those with plenty left over :/
  • nooshinjohn
    DSkip wrote: »
    Absolutely. It looked exactly like the rendering.

Were you on the grounds? I ask only because I cannot imagine one of these without camo being driven on the streets by anyone, especially in Arlington, TX, which has zero connection to actually producing these cars. Had it occurred, it would have made a huge ripple in the space-time continuum and the images would have gone supernova on the web.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I will say this. Those mid-engine cars can really bang out a corner, but when the let go just try and grab onto something cause they're gone. Although NOTHING like these cars I had an Fiat X-19 in the 80's and loved banging corners and it let go. I seen road, cornfield, road, cornfield, road, cornfield, cornfield, cornfield.... Then I was walking to the farmers house to call a tow truck. How the ditch didn't flip me is unexplainable but it and I lived.
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    488 is more likely...

aizeyzsacewb.jpeg

Those are just a gorgeous car. Like I said earlier the C7 grabbed a lot of styling cues from the F12. I wish they would've been more creative on the C8, it just doesn't do it for me. Mid engine and the new tech in it though I love.
  • mhardy6647
    could be -- I didn't see it for all that long of a time.
    I first saw it in my driver's side door mirror -- but it didn't stay there for long.

:)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    When it comes down to it, all these cars have similar body styles due to aerodynamics and sport look. How much can you really change to try to one up on the next guy?

You're either competing for $$, or speed
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2019
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    When it comes down to it, all these cars have similar body styles due to aerodynamics and sport look. How much can you really change to try to one up on the next guy?

You're either competing for $$, or speed

That is very true -- when the aerodynamics models got really systematized, all cars began to look pretty much the same (as a function of their class/price, that is) :(

Remember, though, the halcyon days of the early low drag coefficient Citroën Cx?

B)

z23f034n4ke3.png

re05x04lt008.png
    (yeah, an RHD Cx from some UK website)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    jflail2 wrote: »
    bg-header.jpg

Saw one of those today. Guy backed it out of an unmarked tractor trailer. Took it for a spin and came back. I told him I'd give him $10 if he'd let me test drive it. No luck. They film a lot of car commercials up here because of the windy curvy roads. Lots of car clubs make the runs by my house. Those I like. It's the stupid bicyclists that I hate...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    audioluvr wrote: »
    jflail2 wrote: »
    bg-header.jpg

Saw one of those today. Guy backed it out of an unmarked tractor trailer. Took it for a spin and came back. I told him I'd give him $10 if he'd let me test drive it. No luck. They film a lot of car commercials up here because of the windy curvy roads. Lots of car clubs make the runs by my house. Those I like. It's the stupid bicyclists that I hate...

Well We can toss out that countdown clock. It is obsolete. g5t7ucls2awx.jpg
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    mie5f6bthqnu.jpg

Not sure about the paint job though...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616

That is very true -- when the aerodynamics models got really systematized, all cars began to look pretty much the same (as a function of their class/price, that is) :(

Remember, though, the halcyon days of the early low drag coefficient Citroën Cx?

B)

z23f034n4ke3.png

Mon uncle en France had one of those. He picked us up from the airport in it (this was in '86). Fast car and a very smooth ride.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10