I may have just dug my own grave

1235»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,884
    Wives are notorious for getting even when you sleep. Just ask mr. Bobbitt.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Mattox86
    Mattox86 Posts: 65
    Wives are notorious for getting even when you sleep. Just ask mr. Bobbitt.
    Don't even joke around like that lol. My wife isn't a psycho.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,123
    The credit card is the main place to watch out for! What’s her poison? Purses? Shoes? It’s coming man, just you wait!
    Living Room 2.1: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Musical Fidelity A308; NAD M51 DAC; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology SM450; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor350; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology promonitor 800; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mattox86
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    The credit card is the main place to watch out for! What’s her poison? Purses? Shoes? It’s coming man, just you wait!

She gets stuff all the time, I'm not worried about it. She's not like most women. If she buys something it's all good with me.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 1,786
    Mattox86 wrote: »
    Now with the A5's the center seems underwhelming both in appearance and sound, I'm hoping running YPAO will correct the sound portion of that.

LOL, yeah, you may need to upgrade your center now....what are you running?

I just happen to have a "spare" CSiA6 that just happens to be in great shape, in cherry :)
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

HT
    Source: Panasonic UB9000 - Display: LG OLED 65 8B
    Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2

2CH
    Emotiva: ERC 3 connected via XLR's

Speakers
    PolkAudio Mains: LSiM707, C-706, SS: 702F/X, RS: RTiA9

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,627
    edited July 2019
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    There is no such thing as "overkill" and too much is NEVER enough*.

Welcome to Club Polk, nice purchase!

* check my sig for “too much... ...never enough(!)” my unfinished system

Enjoy! Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED
    Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro
    Samsung BDP, Dish Rcvr, Xbox, Phillips CD chgr

Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; CC outside
    BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out
    8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside* & out
    *soldered

LR: tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; M&T - 981
    CC: Rotel RB981 -> bi-amped CSi A6
    5 Audio Pro Subs: LFE & CC - B1.39; all others - Evidence
    Surrounds: Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3
    Power Conditioning & Distribution:
    3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman Miniport 20s
  • Mattox86
    Now with the A5's the center seems underwhelming both in appearance and sound, I'm hoping running YPAO will correct the sound portion of that.

LOL, yeah, you may need to upgrade your center now....what are you running?

I just happen to have a "spare" CSiA6 that just happens to be in great shape, in cherry :)

I have a CSIA4 now. My receiver is a Yamaha A660, very much underpowered. Not sure if the A6 would really help me given my receivers power. Don't tempt me though, I may consider buying that off you if you wanted to sell it.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 1,786

I have a CSIA4 now. My receiver is a Yamaha A660, very much underpowered. Not sure if the A6 would really help me given my receivers power. Don't tempt me though, I may consider buying that off you if you wanted to sell it.

*Crickets chirping*

Do we need to call a coroner?

When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman

HT
    Source: Panasonic UB9000 - Display: LG OLED 65 8B
    Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2

2CH
    Emotiva: ERC 3 connected via XLR's

Speakers
    PolkAudio Mains: LSiM707, C-706, SS: 702F/X, RS: RTiA9

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 7,635
    My wife understands I only buy things that are within reason... so the stink eye has been kept to a minimum
    Joey's Gear:
    Current Gear:
    Primary:
    Digital: Torus RM15 -> Emm Labs TSDx/Bluesound Node 2 -> Emm Labs DAC2x
    Analog: VPI Avenger Reference w/ Rim Drive w/ ADS + 12" Fatboy Dual Pivot + Lyra Etna
    + Audio Research Reference 40th Anniversary -> Boulder 2060 stereo amp (w/ Audioquest WEL Signature) -> new speakers + JL Audio F113v2 x2
    Secondary:
    Rotel RA1592 Super Integrated -> Sonus Faber Olympica 3
    Tertiary:
    Oppo 105D -> Rotel RC1570 preamp -> Rotel RB1582 amp -> Focal Kanta 2

Main speakers system evolution over the years:
    Klipsch Promedia 4.1 -> Axiom M22ti -> Sonus Faber Concertino -> Sonus Faber Concerto -> Polk LSi7 -> Polk LSi9 -> Martin Logan Mosaic -> AV123 Onix Ref 1 -> Martin Logan Vantage -> AV123 Strata Mini -> Martin Logan Summit -> Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor -> BW 802D2 -> Sonus Faber Stradivari -> Rockport Avior -> BW 802D3 -> BW 800D3 -> ???

Old Gear:
    Speakers:
    BW PM1 (3.5/5), CM10s2 (3.75/5), BW800D3 (5/5), Rockport Aviors (5/5), Sonus Faber Stradivari (5/5), BW 802D2 (4.5/5), Martin Logan Summits (4.25/5), Martin Logan Vantage (4/5), Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor (3.75/5), AV123 Strata Mini (3.5/5), ML Mosaic (3.25/5), Onix Ref1 (3/5), Sonus Faber Concerto (2.75/5), SF Concertino (2.5/5), Axiom M22ti (2/5), Polk LSi9 (3/5), LSi7 (2.9/5)
    Source:
    Squeezebox 3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> Cary 306/200 CDP -> Cary 306 SACD -> EMM LABS DAC2X/TSDX
    Preamplification:
    Rotel RC1070 -> Rogue Perseus -> Cary SLP98 -> Cary SLP98F1 -> Cary SLP05 (sold and then repurchased) -> ARC 5se -> ARC Ref 40th Anniversary
    Amplification:
    HK AVR330 -> Rotel RB1070 -> Rotel RB1090 -> Plinius SA102 -> Cary 211FE -> Classe M600 -> Boulder 2060
    Subwoofer:
    Infinity Entra2 -> SVS 25-31PCi -> SVS 25-31PC+ -> Dual JL Audio F113v2
  • Mattox86

*Crickets chirping*

Do we need to call a coroner?

Lol, I'm all good here. Made it through unscathed. She even agrees it looks better without the A1's on either end of the console. And she was surprised on the price. Go me! :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 22,884
    edited July 2019
    Joey_V wrote: »
    My wife understands I only buy things that are within reason... so the stink eye has been kept to a minimum
    your level of “within reason” is very different than the rest of us, LOL... :pB)

Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Statement V2 cartridge and Origin Conqueror Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,123

that comment is so absurd I am speechless...
    Living Room 2.1: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Musical Fidelity A308; NAD M51 DAC; Sony UBP-x1000es
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology SM450; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology StudioMonitor350; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5
    Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology promonitor 800; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mattox86

I'm sure the level of "within reason" is all scaled based on income and available space.
  • Mattox86

I'm sure the level of "within reason" is all scaled based on income and available space.

Oh and available WAF. Some of us are more fortunate than others in this instance.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 11,530

Oh and available WAF. Some of us are more fortunate than others in this instance.

Some of have dedicated rooms
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,632
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Or buildings. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Mattox86
    Tony M wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Or buildings. :)

Like Steve Kipnis.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,367
    I keep telling my wife I want a 16x16 tough shed out back for a shop. She at first thought I was going to make it as a theater man cave. I told he not it won't be a theater but it will be my shop. She said either way I will be spending more time there than in the house.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,
    Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk LsiM 705
    Center: Polk LSiM 704C
    Front High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT
    Surrounds: Polk S15
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S35
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES AVR, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc
    Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) Advent Prodigy (listening)
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Romo11
    Romo11 Posts: 101
    You better be careful with any extra space. About 20 years ago, I built (had) an outside building for my shop. You know, all my tools, saws etc. well, I didn’t fill it up quick, so my wife has it packed with her stuff. My shop is under boxes of crap that she needed a space for a little of hers.
    Don’t let her even have a key to it if you cherish it at all.
    Good luck.
  • mrloren
    Romo11 wrote: »
    You better be careful with any extra space. About 20 years ago, I built (had) an outside building for my shop. You know, all my tools, saws etc. well, I didn’t fill it up quick, so my wife has it packed with her stuff. My shop is under boxes of crap that she needed a space for a little of hers.
    Don’t let her even have a key to it if you cherish it at all.
    Good luck.

Right now I have a 7x7 shed for my woodworking tools. Being in SoCal I just pull it out and do my woodwork. Easy clean up and put it back. I lock it up and the wife doesn't have a key.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270

Working Warehouse;
    Old sony 12" Sub
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,416
    mrloren wrote: »
    I keep telling my wife I want a 16x16 tough shed out back for a shop. She at first thought I was going to make it as a theater man cave. I told he not it won't be a theater but it will be my shop. She said either way I will be spending more time there than in the house.

I noticed that you didn't disavow her of that assumption, so I assume she's correct. :D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • mrloren
    cfrizz wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »

I noticed that you didn't disavow her of that assumption, so I assume she's correct. :D

Well yes,, when I start a woodwork project, I don't stop till I'm done or it gets dark. Now if I had a 16X16 shed/shop then I'd be out there a lot more, I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning up before dark. So yes she is correct.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA,

Bed Room;
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270

Working Warehouse;
    Old sony 12" Sub