I may have just dug my own grave

1235»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Wives are notorious for getting even when you sleep. Just ask mr. Bobbitt.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Mattox86
    Mattox86 Posts: 65
    Wives are notorious for getting even when you sleep. Just ask mr. Bobbitt.
    Don't even joke around like that lol. My wife isn't a psycho.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    The credit card is the main place to watch out for! What’s her poison? Purses? Shoes? It’s coming man, just you wait!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mattox86
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    The credit card is the main place to watch out for! What’s her poison? Purses? Shoes? It’s coming man, just you wait!

She gets stuff all the time, I'm not worried about it. She's not like most women. If she buys something it's all good with me.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    Mattox86 wrote: »
    Now with the A5's the center seems underwhelming both in appearance and sound, I'm hoping running YPAO will correct the sound portion of that.

LOL, yeah, you may need to upgrade your center now....what are you running?

I just happen to have a "spare" CSiA6 that just happens to be in great shape, in cherry :)
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • gp4jesus
    gp4jesus Posts: 1,969
    edited July 2019
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    There is no such thing as "overkill" and too much is NEVER enough*.

Welcome to Club Polk, nice purchase!

* check my sig for “too much... ...never enough(!)” my unfinished system

Enjoy! Tony
    Samsung 60" UN60ES6100 LED Outlaw Audio 976 Pre/Pro Samsung BDP, Amazon Firestick, Phillips CD Changer Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside*; Ctr Ch outside BJC 10 ga - LCR mids, inside* & out 8 ga Powerline: LR woofers, inside* & out *soldered LR: Tri-amped RTi A7 w/Rotels. Woofers - 980BX; Tweets & “Plugged*” Mids - 981, connected w/MP Premiere ICs Ctr Ch: Rotel RB981 -> Bi-amped CSi A6 Surrounds: Premiere ICs ->Rotel 981 -> AR 12 ga -> RTi A3. 5 Subs: Sunfire True SW Signature -> LFE & Ctr Ch; 4 Audio Pro Evidence @ the “Corners”. Power Conditioning & Distribution: 4 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 5 Furman Miniport 20s *Xschop's handy work
  • Mattox86
    Now with the A5's the center seems underwhelming both in appearance and sound, I'm hoping running YPAO will correct the sound portion of that.

LOL, yeah, you may need to upgrade your center now....what are you running?

I just happen to have a "spare" CSiA6 that just happens to be in great shape, in cherry :)

I have a CSIA4 now. My receiver is a Yamaha A660, very much underpowered. Not sure if the A6 would really help me given my receivers power. Don't tempt me though, I may consider buying that off you if you wanted to sell it.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116

I have a CSIA4 now. My receiver is a Yamaha A660, very much underpowered. Not sure if the A6 would really help me given my receivers power. Don't tempt me though, I may consider buying that off you if you wanted to sell it.

*Crickets chirping*

Do we need to call a coroner?

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    My wife understands I only buy things that are within reason... so the stink eye has been kept to a minimum
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Mattox86

*Crickets chirping*

Do we need to call a coroner?

Lol, I'm all good here. Made it through unscathed. She even agrees it looks better without the A1's on either end of the console. And she was surprised on the price. Go me! :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited July 2019
    Joey_V wrote: »
    My wife understands I only buy things that are within reason... so the stink eye has been kept to a minimum
    your level of “within reason” is very different than the rest of us, LOL... :pB)

Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

that comment is so absurd I am speechless...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mattox86

I'm sure the level of "within reason" is all scaled based on income and available space.
  • Mattox86

I'm sure the level of "within reason" is all scaled based on income and available space.

Oh and available WAF. Some of us are more fortunate than others in this instance.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Oh and available WAF. Some of us are more fortunate than others in this instance.

Some of have dedicated rooms
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Or buildings. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Mattox86
    Tony M wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Or buildings. :)

Like Steve Kipnis.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I keep telling my wife I want a 16x16 tough shed out back for a shop. She at first thought I was going to make it as a theater man cave. I told he not it won't be a theater but it will be my shop. She said either way I will be spending more time there than in the house.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Romo11
    Romo11 Posts: 101
    You better be careful with any extra space. About 20 years ago, I built (had) an outside building for my shop. You know, all my tools, saws etc. well, I didn’t fill it up quick, so my wife has it packed with her stuff. My shop is under boxes of crap that she needed a space for a little of hers.
    Don’t let her even have a key to it if you cherish it at all.
    Good luck.
  • mrloren
    Romo11 wrote: »
    You better be careful with any extra space. About 20 years ago, I built (had) an outside building for my shop. You know, all my tools, saws etc. well, I didn’t fill it up quick, so my wife has it packed with her stuff. My shop is under boxes of crap that she needed a space for a little of hers.
    Don’t let her even have a key to it if you cherish it at all.
    Good luck.

Right now I have a 7x7 shed for my woodworking tools. Being in SoCal I just pull it out and do my woodwork. Easy clean up and put it back. I lock it up and the wife doesn't have a key.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    mrloren wrote: »
    I keep telling my wife I want a 16x16 tough shed out back for a shop. She at first thought I was going to make it as a theater man cave. I told he not it won't be a theater but it will be my shop. She said either way I will be spending more time there than in the house.

I noticed that you didn't disavow her of that assumption, so I assume she's correct. :D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrloren
    cfrizz wrote: »
    mrloren wrote: »

I noticed that you didn't disavow her of that assumption, so I assume she's correct. :D

Well yes,, when I start a woodwork project, I don't stop till I'm done or it gets dark. Now if I had a 16X16 shed/shop then I'd be out there a lot more, I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning up before dark. So yes she is correct.