Mustang pics... Who has/had one?

@Viking64 inspired me to start this with his pic in the Lee Iacocca thread.

Had one, my first car, a 1969 Mustang Grande, acquired in 1984. Surely not the baddest Stang, but I loved it!npbhfyfgj0e8.jpg

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    And have one now... a 2018 Mustang Ecoboost. Yeah, tell me it's not a real Stang... :p
    ywhgqm65xjy5.jpg
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I too bought my '66 in 1984. I spent 6 years slowly restoring it and finally got it on the road in 1990.

In 1991, I was in Montreal and I was parked on a one-way side street where my favorite bar was located. It had just started raining. I was standing down the street about 150 feet from it when some drunk kid pulled out of a parking lot with his tires spinning right across the street from me. He almost hit me and the girl I was....*cough* speaking to. :p

He hit a car a few feet from us and over-corrected, which caused him to hit more cars on the other side of the street and go up on the sidewalk. He stopped there, but he panicked and then started plowing down the narrow space between the buildings and the row of cars parked along the opposite side of the street from me.

By the time his rented Pontiac J-2000 came to rest from being absolutely obliterated, I could see my Stang slowly roll backwards into the street 150 feet away. :o

There was some front-end damage (hood, bumper, radiator) and a big fold in the right-rear quarter.

Technically, he was not financially responsible as the insurance contract his parents took out with Budget stated that as soon as a driver operated the car under the influence, the insurance policy was null and void.

I was pretty bummed-out. I thought I was going to eat the damage. Thankfully, there was a really decent guy (Bob P.) working for Budget in Montreal that dealt with the case. Obviously, there were lawsuits, etc., as about 10 cars in all had been damaged along the sidewalk, not to mention windows and store facades.

Bob worked it out so that I could get paid $3,500 for damages and after about 8 months, my car was delivered to me and Bob brought me a check.

So, now the point for this story. It only cost me $100 for a replacement radiator. I spent a good chunk of the rest of the money on a Yamaha flagship AV integrated, a Polk center, and 2 more surrounds to complement the pair of 4.5's I already had.

Oh, one more thing....I bought a pair of 2.3TL's. The best audio invest I have ever, ever made. By far. :)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    So that’s how we got stuck with you on our forum... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mdaudioguy
    ^^^ What a beauty! Like a lot of people I've heard over the years who once had vintage Mustangs, I've always wished I'd kept my '69. Unfortunately, when I got rid of it, it was a matter of resources and priorities and I just couldn't keep it. :'(
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    edited July 2019
    Thanks! I’ll keep it as long as I feasibly can. My fiancé has a 1969 390 fastback as well so she’s not the type to ever want me to sell it :)
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    No pics handy, but, I had a 94 convertible GT...gutless. More recently I had a 2007 Shelby GT500 about 10 years ago. Still not powerful enough.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    kharp1 wrote: »
    No pics handy, but, I had a 94 convertible GT...gutless. More recently I had a 2007 Shelby GT500 about 10 years ago. Still not powerful enough.

Ya know, a bottle would fix that....
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    qb4pan0ogw2j.jpeg

I have a Mustang, Mustang Killer that is!!

LOL!! JK, I love Mustangs, the wife and I were just behind one of the most beautiful Mustangs we have ever seen today..

BTW I don’t play the “Car Wars Crap” I’m just a car guy, but I will say the new Tesla’s are freaking ugly!! They are like the Croc of cars, just ugly!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    qb4pan0ogw2j.jpeg

LOL!! JK, I love Mustangs, the wife and I were just behind one of the most beautiful Mustangs we have ever seen today..

BTW I don’t play the “Car Wars Crap” I’m just a car guy, but I will say the new Tesla’s are freaking ugly!! They are like the Croc of cars, just ugly!!!

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mdaudioguy
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    qb4pan0ogw2j.jpeg

I could just change the title to "Cool Car Pics"... So, you can stay! :p

Regarding the Tesla's, my son has a Model 3 AWD. Very different experience, but really cool in its own right. The response when you mash the accelerator is exhilarating, frightening, and eerie at the same time!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I think the Tesla S is a pretty good looking mid sized sedan. The roadster isn't a bad looking car either, and, will probably beat anything any of us own 0-60.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    edited July 2019
  • mdaudioguy
    edited July 2019
    Maybe I should have gone for one of these, but $375k* is probably just a smidge over my budget!
    https://youtu.be/Rbp12ux8QcU
    * If I converted £300,000 correctly.
  • nooshinjohn
    fr837ufszvkm.jpg

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Not sure why you would post that John, especially after the experience you had with it...
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • nooshinjohn
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Not sure why you would post that John, especially after the experience you had with it...

Regardless of my impressions, there is no denying it is a freakin beast!

• mdaudioguy
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Regardless of my impressions, there is no denying it is a freakin beast!
    effin crap automobli, AKA Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
    :p
  • mdaudioguy
    Looking forward to seeing @Derm's CS. B)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    My son's. Thing is a rc6kg4fd1acck.jpg
    rocket.
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

vehrvxvacge8.jpg

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    This is the only car that I've ever purchased new. I bought it back in '94 as they were closing out the '93's. I didn't keep it very long as it was impossible to drive it in the winter. Plus, nothing screams, "over here officer!" like a bright red Mustang GT :#
    141gbd6nl5zp.jpg
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mdaudioguy
    gfong wrote: »
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

vehrvxvacge8.jpg

Sweeeet!!!!
  • mdaudioguy
    halo wrote: »
    This is the only car that I've ever purchased new. I bought it back in '94 as they were closing out the '93's. I didn't keep it very long as it was impossible to drive it in the winter. Plus, nothing screams, "over here officer!" like a bright red Mustang GT :#
    141gbd6nl5zp.jpg
    I liked these Fox bodies, but sadly, I ended up with the total opposite of yours - beige, 2.3 LX sedan... long, sad story. Cops never even blinked at me, even with all 88hp unleashed! :p
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    I used to see these Mustangs in Las Colinas TX.... Really nice area.

mdkfs6p15924.png
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited July 2019
    I don't have a picture of mine. Owned it before cellphone cameras were a thing and since I had it "secretly"...my parents didn't know about it and it wasn't registered or insured 'cause it was mostly towed to the race track, I had no pictures so I had no "evidence". I can only find pictures of other people's Mustangs that looked like mine.

Still, it was an '83 GT, gray with black accents and orange pin striping. Paint was the crap Ford paint from the 80's. It was the lightest Fox chassied Mustang made, even lighter than the LX Notchbacks. Had the cowl induction hood which was really just a heat vent and even had the aluminum rear window louvers.

It was not stock. It had a long block I grabbed out of a friend's wrecked 1986 LX hatchback. It was EFI but he had already sold the harness and rails to another guy. So, I stuck an Edelbrock Victor Jr intake manifold on it and put an oil galley brace in with a roller tappet spider and got a roller B303 cam for it. Put in rocker arm girdles with solid rocker arms and a main bearing girdle. Already had shorty headers and Flowmasters. Car was running low 11's on the poor man's drag radial, Pep Boys Futura GLS Super Sports. I know it was running low 11's 'cause I was peddling it at the big end of the track to keep from getting dinged for not having a cage.

I eventually got black flagged at Atco raceway because I did two consecutive runs over 120 MPH. and was only clocking 11.8's on the timers. But one run was 122.6 MPH, the run after that was 124.9 and those MPH numbers are closer to 11.5-11.6 and I was sand-bagging and the tech guys knew it. But to run those kinds of times in a car that tipped the scales around 2500-2600 pounds without the interior in it, that was way over 425 horsepower. I had horrible 1.8-1.9 second 60 foot times which was indicative of a traction problem 'cause I did actually stay in it at Cecil County Dragway 'cause they wanted to see how fast it would go. They put me on N/T but still gave me the timer numbers at the timing stand. I don't have a timeslip from it but I ran it all the way out and hit just over 134 MPH but still cut a 1.74 60 foot time and ran 11.18 at that 134 MPH. If I had ever put actual racing tires on it, it would have been good for 10.5-10.6 quarter mile times 'cause I could get down to the 1.5 second 60 foot range. Cecil isn't the greatest track either. Ran better times on average at Atco in everything I've ever run from my Thunderbird to the Lightning, including the Mustang.

It looked like this only gray, not red. Had a sunroof too.

003.jpg

Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    fiae6v9a6clr.jpg

There is a mustang way back in the pic. (I Think) :)

I really like that new 2020 ecoboost performance pack Mustang. I will be keeping an eye out for used ones next year. I'm partial to the 2.3 Turbo as I used to have one in my 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe. I know that have nothing in common but displacement.

3nh0f5i684fw.jpg
  • nooshinjohn
    T-Birds were Fox platforms back then as well...

• mdaudioguy
    Jstas wrote: »
    I don't have a picture of mine. Owned it before cellphone cameras were a thing and since I had it "secretly"
    Ok, John, you'd have won this contest with an actual pic, but... as always, great story, dude!!! B)