Magnifi Mini - can't sync sub

2»

Comments

• Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having a problem, I'll ask a friend at Polk to contact you via email.
  • jmcgauvran
    jmcgauvran Posts: 1
    edited February 2019
    I am having the same problem with my Magnifi mini. It probably stopped working a round the same time this thread stopped...or maybe longer. Have tried everything. Search the internet for answers and nothing has worked. Tried calling Polk CS and they are not open on the weekends...which is when I have time to troubleshoot this. Seems like the only solution is to get with CS and get the unit replaced...frustrating that this can’t be handled in another way. I expect more from Polk. Will figure out how to contact CS during business hours during the week.
  • dan999
    dan999 Posts: 2
    Has anyone been able to resolve this without swapping out hardware? Our Magnify Mini started doing this a few days ago and it is about 3 months out of warranty. All that a support call accomplished was an email from Polk saying to call back and see what out of warranty options are available to me.

This is unacceptable. There are several cases of this issue being reported on this forum and other sites like Best Buy and Amazon. Polk should stand by their product and their customers.

If you've had this happen out of warranty and got it resolved, please post your experience.

Thanks!
  • If someone have this problem, here's solution. I found it in (i think so) google copy of old pdf version manual for mini.
    1. Turn on your sound bar. On the sound bar simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth button * and the source button e for 3 seconds.
    2. Press and hold the SYNC button on the back of the subwoofer for3 seconds.
    3. The green LED on the back of the subwoofer will start flashing at a fasterrate, indicating that the sound bar and the subwoofer are connecting, theLED is solid green when connected.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM. Polk, shame on you for putting in paper manual wrong sync instruction.
  • joesephK
    joesephK Posts: 50
    If someone have this problem, here's solution. I found it in (i think so) google copy of old pdf version manual for mini.
    1. Turn on your sound bar. On the sound bar simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth button * and the source button e for 3 seconds.
    3. The green LED on the back of the subwoofer will start flashing at a fasterrate, indicating that the sound bar and the subwoofer are connecting, continue holding the SYNC button until theLED is solid green when connected.

WORKS LIKE A CHARM. Polk, shame on you for putting in paper manual wrong sync instruction.

Hey All. I talked to Polk Customer Service about this since I have a Mini in one of my bedrooms and was worried about this happening to me. I confirmed that my mini has the latest firmware and I will not have the issue.

basically what they told me was that if this repairing process above does NOT work for you, then your bar has been corrupted. It means that you probably never set up your Mini to your WiFi therefore it never updated to the latest firmware. The old firmware had a bug where there was a chance for the transmitter in the bar to randomly corrupt. The new firmware fixed this bug, but only if the firmware is loaded before the random corruption happens.
  • dan999
    dan999 Posts: 2
    My mini had the latest firmware, so that means nothing. Polk sent me a replacement subwoofer, but, as expected, it did not solve the problem. I haven't gotten back with them yet to see if they're willing to send a new bar.
  • tearex
    tearex Posts: 1
    If someone have this problem, here's solution. I found it in (i think so) google copy of old pdf version manual for mini.
    3. The green LED on the back of the subwoofer will start flashing at a fasterrate, indicating that the sound bar and the subwoofer are connecting, theLED is solid green when connected.

This definitely worked for me! I didn’t see this until today, but randomly tried it. You can even enter pairing mode by holding just source. When the light on the sub is solid green, press and hold source until you hear two beeps, then it will go back to normal mode. If you don’t do that, everytime you press down volume, for example, your bar will reboot.
  • Idk if anyone still needs help but I had this problem for about 3 months I looked in the book and it said to hold the source and Bluetooth button for 3 second the hold the subwoofers sync button for 3 and they connected(for the mini)
  • ncbake
    ncbake Posts: 1
    Mine stopped syncing too. I had given up and was using the sound bar with no sub for a while. Decided to give it another go and this time had the bar and sub close together. All of a sudden the sub kicked in! But when I moved it farther away from the bar it stopped. As I moved it back and forth I could see the green sync light going from blinking to steady and back. Works great if I leave it like this.q2zk7fxzwgzc.jpg
  • Hello. If the subwoofer soundbar connection does not work the problem is always the soundbar, I have a solution. I can fix it, Polish or German shipping
  • Hello. If the subwoofer soundbar connection does not work the problem is always the soundbar, I have a solution. I can fix it, Polish or German shipping

I'd like to know what you think the issue is.

Aside from that... I'm also having this issue. When it first appeared I had no luck, so I let it be. I tried again recently to fix it, and no luck. I called up Polk and they walked through a few strategies, but... nothing.

Here's the thing - they said it can't be fixed. If this is a firmware issue, and the firmware bricks the sub... what in the actual ****? They won't even entertain replacing it - they offered to SELL me a new sub (but still haven't given me the quote despite trying to follow up several times), but according to another previous poster that won't help.

This is infuriating - that a manufacturer would put out firmware that breaks the hardware and not issue a full mea-culpa and replace units. It's somewhat unconscionable. I was looking for a new subwoofer for a different room in my house and immediately recoiled when Polk was suggested.

I'd like to know what you think the issue is.

Aside from that... I'm also having this issue. When it first appeared I had no luck, so I let it be. I tried again recently to fix it, and no luck. I called up Polk and they walked through a few strategies, but... nothing.

Here's the thing - they said it can't be fixed. If this is a firmware issue, and the firmware bricks the sub... what in the actual ****? They won't even entertain replacing it - they offered to SELL me a new sub (but still haven't given me the quote despite trying to follow up several times), but according to another previous poster that won't help.

This is infuriating - that a manufacturer would put out firmware that breaks the hardware and not issue a full mea-culpa and replace units. It's somewhat unconscionable. I was looking for a new subwoofer for a different room in my house and immediately recoiled when Polk was suggested.

This is a software defect. I have copies from a working device. It took me a long time to solve the problem, so I can't give a ready solution. If you have more questions please send message krystian_kula@wp.pl
  • Edit
    The issue deals with corrupted software in the soundbar, and the only way to fix it is to flash a copy of the working software onto the soundbar. I have the software and the tools to do it if you can send me your soundbar, I've successfully done it a number of times. Polish or German shipping
  • krystiankula7
    krystiankula7 Posts: 7
    edited January 2020
    If you have more questions please send message krystian_kula@wp.pl
  • Update on my situation - @KennethSwauger connected me with someone at Sound United. Within two hours said they would send a new soundbar to me no questions asked. I received it yesterday - I unplugged the old one and plugged the new one in and it synced within seconds. They even included a return shipping label to send the old one back.

Terrific customer service - and none of it from Polk who, again, tried to sell me a new sub (which wasn't even the problem!) Seems like there needs to be more communication between the two of them about the nature of the issue.
  • trusselo
    trusselo Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    I just found a fix that worked for me.

Unplug both the soundbar and sub.

Plug in the sub. Wait for it to blink.

Hold the wifi reset button on soundbar while you plug in the soundbar.
    Let go of the wifi reset button 3 seconds after plugging in.

Blinking will stop on sub and go solid within 20 seconds.
  • tknowles
    tknowles Posts: 1
    edited September 2020
    I'm having exactly the same problem. Tried the usual pairing/resetting options. Tried updating the firmware / connecting to Google Home. Still not working so unfortunately the only solution that I can find, but haven't tried, is replacing one of the daughterboards on the main soundbar, as per this reddit thread.

It's a shame because the sound out of the main bar is very weak and flat without the subwoofer, you really really notice it with this soundbar. I would probably buy JBL next time, I never had any problems with my old JBL.
  • It would be a good idea to send an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and explain your situation.
  • after many tries and calls to tech services, I stumbled onto a way to sync -- I did temporarily unplug a nearby router, then did steps 1 and 2 but after pressing bar sync button for three seconds, I heard a beep from the bar and released the button before the green lite began to flash; it worked and I have repeated successfully. Good luck.
  • dod
    dod Posts: 1
    wqkvx4thxk5j.jpg

Following pictured- and my sub magnifi mini finally get connected with soundbar after many research and tries
  • Chandra
    Chandra Posts: 1
    Hello,

The above solution from @Dod with a little bit of a variation worked for me. I pressed the source and the bluetooth buttons for three seconds and heard a different beep than all the previous attempts. The syncing light kept flashing still but did not turn solid. So I disconnected the woofer and did the same once again - and it connected. After months of tinny, shrill music, the woofer works again. I was even advised by the support center that I called on International dialing that its time to replace my system since we have had it for eight years. (next buy I know I will look for points of failure much more keenly) none of this nonsense of sync and out of sync. Thank you very much for your suggestion @dod
  • griz_stu
    griz_stu Posts: 1
    After a lot of errors anger and frustration the syncing process worked for me. I've used the following procedure as described in the manual. Need to mention also that it took a while to work. It was not smooth as mentioned in the documentation.

0zh95lvq583f.jpg