Additional garage at Verb's house!

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Sell all of your stereo equipment and get a Ferrari.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Yeah! Thought about an observatory up there! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Sell all of your stereo equipment and get a Ferrari.

Hehe. That comment should be on the “cable costs” thread! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Tyranny pays off!!
    Yep. At the old house they were a bunch of ****'s. I eventually became a member, and then president. We changed a lot of the by-laws to make it more friendly. The older members eventually quit because they were over-ruled too many times.
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    warren wrote: »
    Tyranny pays off!!
    Yep. At the old house they were a bunch of ****'s. I eventually became a member, and then president. We changed a lot of the by-laws to make it more friendly. The older members eventually quit because they were over-ruled too many times.

LOL. What? :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    warren wrote: »
    Tyranny pays off!!

Exactly! The subdivision board are a bunch of ****! :smile: My plan too. Elected to the board, slowly making some changes!
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Lol. Warren on the puff puff give again.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Lol. Warren on the puff puff give again.

Not the "Poc"😂😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Hermitism wrote: »
    ska95rgyo0kc.png

I dig the edit.

Also have to comment on the crayon colored tree on the left. :D
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Just one question Hermit... where’s Russ?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    Shouldn’t he be in the bushes near the front door, ready to pounce on some unsuspecting goat or something?
    Just one question Hermit... where’s Russ?
    He was taking a bathroom break. It appears to have been a number two.

pcg9gaiiom8n.jpg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Lol. Warren on the puff puff give again. I’m 80+ Joe, and out of your loop..
    I live on Peppermint Ct. in Tucker, stop by I’m retired..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Do you want to head to Matthews and get some lunch? I love their food.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Man forced me to look at my set offs in my area and I cried....

Not enough room on the sides for us to expand, which was our hope :disappointed:....

Would have to blow out the back wall and that’s a whole bother monster
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • verb
    Man forced me to look at my set offs in my area and I cried....

Not enough room on the sides for us to expand, which was our hope :disappointed:....

Would have to blow out the back wall and that’s a whole bother monster

I hear ya! That's why the garage is located where it is. The front outer corner is right on the set back line. And it must be attached, hence the breezeway, which I like anyways. Government, don't get me going! :smile:
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Yup. Ours are 10 ft from the property line on either side, 25 in the front and 20 in the back.

I could get about 10 feet on one side, but that just isn’t worth the cost.

Out back I have about 30+ but that would require taking up all the landscaping and a ton of other stuff (deck, etc)...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • verb
    edited June 2019
    ska95rgyo0kc.png

So Hermit, been thinking about this lovely edit. Ya know, the Mrs, whom I love dearly, is not exactly 100% on board with this project. Fellas, ya know what I mean.

If she were to see this, perhaps she would propose yet another edit. Say, me tumbling down off the roof! :smile:
  • nooshinjohn
    Don't worry... Russ is right there in the shrubbery to catch you when you fall.

• verb
    Not exactly the new garage, as that project has been deferred until spring of next year. But, just got a furnace installed in the existing garage! Just in time, as we got some snow flurries today! :)
    wz43wjx6un5n.png
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    verb wrote: »
    Not exactly the new garage, as that project has been deferred until spring of next year. But, just got a furnace installed in the existing garage! Just in time, as we got some snow flurries today! :)
    wz43wjx6un5n.png

Nice clean install on the Hot Dawg. They are one of the better quality units out there.
    Green is their house colour but they sell magnetic pieces in different styles to give it a different appearance.

I have a black Hot Dawg for my detached garage. They had an anniversary a few years ago and put out black ones for the occasion so I snagged one.
    Most people don’t care about the colour of a garage heater but it is definitely visible and I like mine to be a little less utilitarian in appearance.

How do you like it so far?
    You are putting one in your new garage as well?

Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • verb
    Thanks! Yep love it! I had the exact same model at the old house.

Post a pic of your black unit! That sounds very nice.

Oh yeah, the new garage will have heat, most likely the same unit! :smile: Very happy, this winter I'll be able to work in the garage, and not have to migrate projects into the kitchen or basement, if you know what I mean! :)
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    verb wrote: »
    Thanks! Yep love it! I had the exact same model at the old house.

Post a pic of your black unit! That sounds very nice.

Oh yeah, the new garage will have heat, most likely the same unit! :smile: Very happy, this winter I'll be able to work in the garage, and not have to migrate projects into the kitchen or basement, if you know what I mean! :)

I don’t have the black Hot Dawg installed yet. It is still in the box. I have the interior of the garage all wired and insulated but I still have to put up the vapour barrier and then a sheet of select plywood (painted) in the ceiling corner where the heater will be installed. I will drywall tight around that board for a finished look.
    I have an 18,000btu heat pump already installed for summer AC and heat for the shoulder season with the garage heater planned to do winter cold duty once it is hooked up.
    My garage heater will run Propane though as there is no Natural Gas out at the fringe of the city.

Once you get your detached garage built you will very likely be out there quite a bit.
    I am looking for a nice bar fridge for mine now at the moment to keep water and wobbly pop cold for those after work evening projects.

Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • verb
    So today, the Mrs and I presented our proposal to the City. We were delayed due to the Covid thing, and the government just last month started holding meetings again.
    We had to do it remotely, using Zoom, which was different for sure. We sought to get approval for the total size of all garage square footage, and the number of allowable spaces.

We exceeded both and sought variances. Over 600 square feet over, and 1 garage space over the allowable limit. Government, don't get me going! :)

In the end, the zoning board of appeals unanimously approved our proposal! Yeah!

Now to get moving on this project! Another garage at Verb's house!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Congrats Dave!

That means more room for speakers. ;):)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Tony! Exactly! Got a set of 1C's in the basement not doing anything at the moment! :) Plus some other bits of gear too!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Congrats on the approval of your garage project!
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Your Chevy needs a sibling. May I suggest a '59 or '60 Eldorado Biarritz convertible?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/