Anyone into watches/timepieces?

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Seamaster has been on my wrist for 2 weeks straight.

You shower and sleep with it on?
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Oh drew, I can see you’re just as much of a Smarta&& as ever. Obviously it comes off to shower and sleep. But it hasn’t come off the wrist in favor of any of my other watches yet and honestly I’m not sure if I’ll ever really wear my other watches other than when I’m deployed
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Get you a decent winder Zach. I bought one for <$100 that has been as good as the $400+ Orbital winder I had before it.
  • stangman67
    I have a winder, Joe. I have a wolf dual winder just don’t use it much. If I rotated watches every few days or so it would make sense to keep the unworn ones in standby on the winder but in reality I wear a watch for a few weeks (or longer probably with the Omega) at a time and then move on to something else. Keeping watches on the winder for weeks or months at a time isn’t exactly great for the watches so I choose to keep them in my engraved wooden case my fiancé got me for Christmas

My other two main watches are a Glycine combat sub which will be my fault when I go back to sea and a Seiko baby tuna

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Seamaster has been on my wrist for 2 weeks straight. Settled in at +1 second a day average over those two weeks. Omega has certainly stepped their game up

6c0a8ruuwgeo.jpeg

Boss
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    ue5xxbua9r25.jpeg

:#

I will say
    It’s a nice watch
    Wait there is a watch???? All I saw were STEAKS.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Seamaster has been on my wrist for 2 weeks straight.

You shower and sleep with it on?

I do
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    I'm a sucker for a GMT watch.
    ohu6p40a76ji.jpg
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Joey_V
    cmy330go wrote: »
    I'm a sucker for a GMT watch.
    ohu6p40a76ji.jpg

Me too

uzj6d2np95bd.jpeg
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Looking for opinions on MkII brand of watch. I like the look of a couple in their “Ready to Wear” line, especially the Cruxible.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    maxward wrote: »
    Looking for opinions on MkII brand of watch. I like the look of a couple in their “Ready to Wear” line, especially the Cruxible.

I'm not familiar with them, but at first glance they seem to be a decent watch for the money. I'd recommend a bit of searching on the watch forums, and see what others are saying. Seems there is plenty of chat about them at Watchuseek, including an official brand forum https://forums.watchuseek.com/f325/
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • lunazul
    lunazul Posts: 780
    Been a while since this one has seen the light of day.

wsaosyfstj85.jpg
  • maxward
    Is anyone here also a member of the watchuseek forum? If so, I may wish to ask for a favor. PM me if you’re willing to help and I’ll explain.
  • Joey_V
    maxward wrote: »
    Is anyone here also a member of the watchuseek forum? If so, I may wish to ask for a favor. PM me if you’re willing to help and I’ll explain.
    I was a long time ago
  • maxward
    I think I have this covered. Thanks. I was asked for a referral there, since I’m new.
  • stangman67
    Still find myself wearing this thing just laying in bed. I’m enamored :)

wvp1cs93rn5y.jpeg

• maxward
    That’s a beauty for sure. I’m looking at a new MkII Cruxible for $650. Not too many come up used lately. Or a 1-year-old Archimede Pilot 42 hand wound for a little less. A Father’s Day present to myself (with help from the boys). It’ll probably belong to one of them before too long, unless I trip and fall into the watch-collecting rabbit hole. Enjoy your Omega.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    It doesn’t go away Zach. Still enamored by mine almost 15 years later.

8cpby84irumq.jpeg
  • stangman67
    Nice!!

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Damn those Seamasters are nice. Once the Breitling gets back.........
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    I had one of this in elementary school. It only had one button. It was always off. The more you press that button to see the time the faster the battery will drain.

3t8c1cjnfhcv.jpg
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • maxward
    First mechanical watch since graduating from high school. An Archimede Pilot 42 hand wound. It’s a year old, but virtually scratch free. Need a more comfortable strap now.l84jzveaepts.jpeg
  • jflail2
    Finally got the Breitling back! Bday this week so I’m counting that as bday money well spent:

e0fm9x4yyf2o.jpeg

• jflail2
    Was this close to getting a nice Omega Seamaster, but with the girl and I getting hitched in the next half year or so, and us paying for everything, it didn’t feel like the right time. Maybe February bonuses will be good enough to justify a plunge, and the Breitling will keep me happy in the meantime.

• Joey_V
    jflail2 wrote: »
    Finally got the Breitling back! Bday this week so I’m counting that as bday money well spent:

e0fm9x4yyf2o.jpeg

Aw yeah!
  • Joey_V
    zxnv8ohq7uq8.jpeg
    My current situation... “give that to me dad!!”
  • jflail2
    Start em young Joey.

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Wait till they doing that with the keys to your expensive new car while already wearing your watch...