dsb3 rear speakers do not stay connected

I also have a dsb1, dsb2, and dsb3 rears. I have a samsung tv, which does allow optical pass thru. So I have to use a hdmi hub with optical to soundbar for dolby. But the problem Im having is the rears will often stop working, in the middle of a bluray, when i pause movie and start back up. Why is this happening

Comments

• Hello,
    I believe one possible cause can be interference caused by a closely placed system router. Is it possible to (if applicable) turn off your router and see if the surround speakers remain connected while you watch a DVD?
    If this doesn't make a difference call Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 and follow the prompts to soundbar help.
  • rbrohl
    rbrohl Posts: 1
    Hi,

I just purchased this same system from Dish. I am experiencing an either the DSB2's are connected or the DSB3, never both at the same time. Sad thing is Dish installed it and I think he knew about this issue. They sure wanted paid in a hurry.

Should I try the same phone #? I saw in another post a reference to sending an email to Kennon.Maddox@soundunited.com.

Thanks
    Rich
  • I have the Polk DSB1, DSB2, DSB3 that I bought from Dish also. This must be a common issue because Polk will not answer my calls or return them. I have sent numerous emails and only received 1 reply. That reply was instructions on resetting the Bluetooth module. With so many people having the same issue it must be a quality problem. My rear speakers constantly drop out and Dish not Polk want to stand behind the product. I paid $500 for this system and it's useless. Has anyone figured out a way to fix this? Polk used to be a good company that made good quality products. Apparently that is no longer the case. I won't be buying anything else from them.
  • Hello,
    I'm sorry you're having a problem, I'll ask a friend at Polk to contact you via email.
  • rtexmfg
    rtexmfg Posts: 1
    I bought the same system from Dish, and am having the same issue. I contacted Polk and they sent two new DSB3 speakers, and they worked beautifully, for about two weeks. Is there a fix? Spent way too much for two paper weights!
  • Same issue, my rear speakers keep dropping out... Please tell me how to fix this
  • I cannot connect my rear speakers at all. the light blinks slowly for a minute when they are first plugged in, then the light goes out all together. Has anyone resolved this problem? I will attempt to call polk in the morning.
  • I also paid $500 for a Dish Tech to install and my rear, wireless speakers constantly drop out. I called the Tech and he said too bad. This started from the time of the original install. What is the fix?
  • bgaz
    bgaz Posts: 1
    sounds like we all have the same problem, has anyone come up with the fix?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Yep it's called speaker cable... :D
  • audraJ
    audraJ Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    Same here....Our rear speakers kept fading in and out, unless they and the base were turned way up. Polk sent us a new main speaker....no difference. Today, Hubs took out the “rear speaker TX Adaptor” from the back of the bar, which of course...solves THAT problem. Not good enough for him. So...he called POLK Tech service...and the tech person says this is a common problem with this system and sent an email with instructions. So far, so good. Everything had to be unplugged and re synced. I can try to post screen shots of the process.
    Post edited by audraJ on
  • So....yeah I bought this same setup from Dish Network and it worked while the guy was here sitting it up and that's about it. Same amount of money. So mad!
  • mrsuputo
    mrsuputo Posts: 1
    We are having the same issues, have pretty much given up any hope of the DSB2 and DSB3 ever working again. Tried the steps in the screen shots above and they stopped working at the subwoofer step. Will never buy again, we will just be happy with the speaker in the tv. Extremely disappointed.
  • gbermon
    gbermon Posts: 1
    I had the same issues. I moved all of the items a few feet closer to each other and now it works. The kicker is I moved and cant find the wireless transmitter that plugs into the back of the sound bar. Anyone have any idea where I can get that part at?
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    The best place to begin would be 1-800-377-7655 and follow the prompts for parts.
  • pqpq
    pqpq Posts: 1
    My Polk Dsb3 rear speakers are acting odd. I get no sound when watching a show but as soon as a commercial comes on, sometimes I will get sound from the rear speakers. But most of the time I will hear nothing from them. My sound bar and woofer are working fine. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Note: they worked fine for about 1-1/2 years. So strange and frustrating!
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    I would recommend sending an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com and explain what you're experiencing.