SDA-2Btl

SDA-2Btl upgrade: Sonicaps, Vishay/Mills Resistors, Erse SuperQ Inductors.
All inductors were measured and hand tuned.

ux4ngtbtoq8o.jpg
bi0ugue2c5kh.jpg
38dsetxt9dcw.jpvxmga2iwaq5c.jpg
get393axdftl2.jpg[z5tmbrl7u7k0.jpg
img]

Home Theater/2 Channel:
Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    In with 42 ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Dave, are you planning to sell them or they for a customer?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Dave, are you planning to sell them or they for a customer?

For a customer.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Your customer will be very happy! I have essentially the the same setup in my 2Bs and love the way they sound.
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
  • westmassguy
    Thanks fellas.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Add another one to the ranks of the Hearing Is Believing crowd. Don't wait so long until you post again ;), and congrats on the upgrade.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • westmassguy
    Thanks Damien
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Man I need to get on upgrading my sub bass inductors already. Should have done it when you did my crossovers Dave. I never listen. :s
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • westmassguy
    Man I need to get on upgrading my sub bass inductors already. Should have done it when you did my crossovers Dave. I never listen. :s

Those can be done anytime
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • codycatalist

Do I need to mount the crossover plate differently since the old inductor is connected via risers and attached to the bolt on the back?

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • westmassguy

Do I need to mount the crossover plate differently since the old inductor is connected via risers and attached to the bolt on the back?

You can make a new mount, or just leave the old spool and connect the leads to the new inductors.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • codycatalist

You can make a new mount, or just leave the old spool and connect the leads to the new inductors.

Cool, I might reach out to you soon to do that. I still have your business email. Thanks Dave!

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2019
    These are basically them same as my CRS 4.1TL's Dave made foe me as I used all Sonicaps also. and the Super Q inductors.

So I now they are special ;) as I current have them in my SDA 2B's :p

Some day I'll have Dave fix up my 2b crossovers...but I wanting till he has his foot problem fully healed and more time on his hands as I can switch between my SDA as needed for now!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • damienjs
    damienjs Posts: 2
    Codycatalist - I don’t know what you’re running for an amp, but if you get the new inductors make sure it has enough grunt to handle the lower impedance.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited June 2019
    ^^^^^
    good stuff here. My Speakers are now 4 ohm speakers and not 8 ohm after the TL mod!

To use the Super Q inductors they have to be tuned or turned down to the correct value..which isnt for anyone to do . Dave knows how to do this I tried once on a cheap pair without much luck burning off the coating and trying to turn it down and measure it correctly... not for the faint at heart.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • codycatalist
    Yeah I know. That's why I didn't do it originally. I now have an Adcom GFA545 so it'll handle the load fine. :)