SDA SRS 3.1TL

1235»

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    Turned out great, look forward to you hitting the 200 hour mark
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Awesome! When everything settles in, enjoy the fruits of your labor with some intoxicating tunes!
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    You did kinda what I did but opposite. I put the crossovers on the back wall the the C coils on the bottom.
    Anyway HOWS THE BASS????
    (you don't even have to wait for the break in to finish to notice the difference there)
  • VR3
    edited June 2019
    That c coil is a beast, I almost wanted to order the lowest gauge c coil they offer, which had like point 06 Dcr but I didn't think it would make that much difference compared to point 16
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 230
    You did kinda what I did but opposite. I put the crossovers on the back wall the the C coils on the bottom.
    Anyway HOWS THE BASS????
    (you don't even have to wait for the break in to finish to notice the difference there)

Man they sound really nice now...big difference!!!
    As for bass, they definitely have more punch now.
    I have them paired with a Rythmik FV25HP and two HSU VTF-3 MK15HP'S so they are crossed over at 60hz.
    They blend very well this way.

I've done a couple pulls with Anthem's Genesis ARC and compared them to the pulls I ran with old crossovers...huge difference!!

I'm running dual RTA15TL's for my center channel behind my screen with updated crossovers as well. All it working very well together now...

I'm VERY happy with the results of this upgrade..
  • ddog
    ddog Posts: 230
    VR3 wrote: »
    Turned out great, look forward to you hitting the 200 hour mark

I've got a solid 40hrs on them now and they are sound great!!!

And yes that coil is huge!!

I'm thinking about having you build me a set of crossovers for the RTA-15TL's in using for my cc....next.
  • honestaquarian
    edited June 2019
    I strongly suggest running the 3.1's full range until they are broken in (give it a week)Then do the ARC again.
    Come to think of it why are you even crossing them over at all???
    Set them to large and keep them full range as they do not need to be crossed over. They are quite adept at producing prodigious amounts of low bass on their own along with the subs.
    I have four subs in my system and I'm running my 3.1's full range. The subs only get used when I'm listening to any surround sound.
  • honestaquarian
    edited June 2019
    hxl9bbacbth7.jpeg

I finally found the pic of mine that Trey did for me after I installed them.
    This is now three years ago and as you can see he further improved them with yours.
    JEALOUS ;)
  • VR3
    If you are hankering for more upgrades, send the boards back and we can install the clarity cmr and path audio resistors at the tweeter circuit.... 😂