Signa S1 Volume Problem

raemlpz
raemlpz Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Troubleshooting
I just got the soundbar and subwoofer today. Just started playing music at night and the soundbar automatically turned the volume up 100%. Figured it might not happen again and it happened a couple times after that every couple minutes. Anyone experienced a similar problem?

Edit: it also isn't turning off, neither from the remote nor the bar. And it is not letting me access bluetooth.
Post edited by raemlpz on

Answers

• @raemlpz, the first thing to try would be a hard reset. Unplug the bar for 1 minute from the power to the wall, let it sit and then plug it back in. If that does not work please email myself at ken.carter@soundunited.com
  • I am having the exact same issue. Did we find a solution?
  • Exact same problem with our Signa S1. Won’t power off and sound keeps bouncing up to a very loud volume. Very disappointed. Back to using the tv volume until this gets rectified or returned. Anyone have any ideas? And yes, I’ve unplugged the system to no avail. :(
  • I am having the same problem. My soundbar keeps going to full volume and I cannot turn it down.
  • polkuser69
    polkuser69 Posts: 5
    edited December 2017
    So it seems to be a problem with this sound bar. It also seems that no one is willing to put a fix on this thread. It will be returned to the store tomorrow. This does say this is answered, but how do you see the answer?
  • Hello,
    Have you tried what was suggested in the second post of this thread?
  • Haven't emailed the guy.
  • Unplugged it several times.
  • polkuser69
    polkuser69 Posts: 5
    edited December 2017
    The original page says there are 104 +/- entries and that it was answered. How do you see the answer?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    The original poster's question was resolved after post #2, hence the "answered" on the thread. The current 104 "entries" are thread views. This just means that there have been 104+ folks who clicked onto the thread either to see what was going on, to see if they could answer or perhaps they had the same problem.

With that said, you had mentioned that you unplugged it. Have you unplugged it for more than one minute and tried again? That's what is called a hard reset and for many problems in electronics, this solves a lot of issues.

If that does not work, refer back to post #2 and email ken.carter@soundunited.com

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Thanks treitz3. Yes, it was off for more than 1minute. So was the TV. Everything unplugged, then reconnected and restarted. Connected via audio cable not aux. Also, I did email ken.carter. (no response yet, it is a holiday so not expecting one yet). The unit sounds great, it is just too darn loud and uncontrollable! I even went into the TV and changed different options (of course it makes no difference when you disable TV speakers as instructed). I left a message with customer service as per paperwork instructions, but they have yet to respond. Samsung TV about 4-5 years old.
  • Wade18
    Wade18 Posts: 1
    I too am having both the power and volume issues. I have emailed Ken for a fix or explanation. Hopefully he’ll get back with us and we can resolve the issue soon. If anybody knows how to fix it in the meantime. Please let me know. It is very frustrating.
  • I’m having the same problem, have performed a hard reset more than a dozen times, including unplugging it overnight and for several days. Is there a fix for this? The problem started after I played my iPod through it for the first time.
  • mlo88jco
    mlo88jco Posts: 2
    It appears the problem is with the subwoofer. When I press and hold the Bluetooth button and volume down button simultaneously it disconnects the subwoofer and the volume power off issue goes away.
  • I got this sound bar in July 2018. I had issues with the remote not working and they sent me a new one. That didn't work either. I called and told them my issue and they sent me a new sound bar for free.

It worked with the remote for a week and now it has issues with some of the buttons not working, and had the issue with volume getting louder on its own. I really like the system when it works but I think it's inherently flawed and that's why they're moving onto a new series of sound devices. I don't think there is any fix for these issues, it's just a luc of the draw getting a sound bar, subwoofer, and remote that will work together with no flaws.
  • PCTC
    PCTC Posts: 1
    My polk s1 just hangs. Blue LED keeps flashing rapidly and nothing works. Not even the power button. Unplugged multiple times for extended hours. Still same problem.
  • Hello,
    Sorry there's a problem, I'll ask a friend at Polk to contact you via email.
  • Help. No
    NOTHING I do to try and sync these two back together is working. I’ve been trying for over a month. I’ve emailed customer service twice and have never gotten a response. I’ve tried all of the unplugging, etc. Nothing. I am really disappointed with Polk. Polk is the whole reason I bought it.
  • Hello,
    Sorry there's a problem. I'll ask a friend at Polk to contact you via email.
  • Hallo ik heb het zelfde probleem als hier boven beschreven. Soundbar is nu net een jaar oud. Ik hoop op een oplossing
  • kphill212
    kphill212 Posts: 1
    I have had my Signa S2 spud bar for about 6 months and it has been great. Just started having trouble with volume going up and down on its own. Still have control of volume via remote but making constant adjustments to compensate for changes all thru the show. Is there a fix? What model has replaced this one? Not giving up on Polk!
  • Area
    Area Posts: 6
    Hello,
    Hello,

I have the same problem
    All the ways that I ve tried didnt work....
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/187655/2019-magnifi-max-sr/p1?new=1
  • Area
    Area Posts: 6
    raemlpz wrote: »
    I just got the soundbar and subwoofer today. Just started playing music at night and the soundbar automatically turned the volume up 100%. Figured it might not happen again and it happened a couple times after that every couple minutes. Anyone experienced a similar problem?

Edit: it also isn't turning off, neither from the remote nor the bar. And it is not letting me access bluetooth.

Hi, Did you able to solve this problem?
  • crhtex
    crhtex Posts: 1
    Add me to the list of those whose Signa S1 soundbar just started having the volume jump up 100%. It happened after I just started trying to resync the subwoofer. Now the power button does not work on the remote or the soundbar. The unplugging for 1 minute does not work. Any solutions from Polk. Or can we get s rebate for a trade in or something?
  • Am having the same problem with both sound bars
  • I'm chiming in to say mines is doing the same thing(volume increasing own its own) and now I have power issues

I would like help

Anybody down for a class action suit?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    I recommend sending an email to: kim.jasper@soundunited.com and he'll help.
  • I wish I had read this thread before I bought my Polk sound bar. I have the same problem with run away volume. It jumps to 100% on it's own after a minute or two. I can turn it down but it repeats the process. Not acceptable. Now I guess I need to fine a box to make a return through Amazon. Is there any other blue tooth model that works for people. I bought Polk because I thought it was top of the line.
  • Add me to the list of folks with misbehaving Polk Signa S1sound bars. The volume cranks up unexpectedly. Power button, Bluetooth button, source button do not work on the sound bar. Also Power button, mute button, source buttons on the remote does not work. It happened after sub resync. (Just as crhtex described.) Unplugging for a few minutes or overnight does nothing. What is the fix for this?
  • I'll ask a friend at Polk for advice.