Bad day today

jflail2
jflail2 Posts: 2,868
edited May 2019 in The Clubhouse
Got engaged last weekend and picked up a new vehicle this week. None of that matters right now. The sweetest baby in the world just got diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. Even with surgery and radiation she has 9-12 months at most. I am absolutely shattered right now. I guess this is the price you pay for all that unconditional love.

Here is LB, the best dog I’ve ever known.8yr48c9r1n9i.jpeg
cqt7wk9krtix.jpeg
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I'm so sorry for you and for her, she is a beautiful dog. Is she a bull mastiff?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • jflail2
    I rescued her so not 1000% sure, but supposedly an English. Thanks Cathy, much appreciated.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Dude that’s horrible! Looks like a happy dog.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    :'(
    Sad to hear about such a beautiful dog.

Prayers to you and LB
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Tears in my eyes. They just don't last long enough, do they? Enjoy the time you have remaining.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    So sorry for the news. Dogs make life better. Cherish the time you have with her. :'(
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    So sorry to hear this.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    That is a shame. I lost three dogs, and it doesn't get easier. Enjoy her while here, and have good memories when she is gone.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Sorry to hear about this.

Make this last year extra special for her. ;)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Sorry to hear that. What was up that alarmed you to get her checked out?
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • jflail2
    Thanks all. I hear ya Bob, I’ve cried like a baby the last hour or so. Can’t be sad around her though bc she can tell I’m upset and it gets her upset. D, she had seizures a few months ago that were controlled by Keppra. She had a BAD one last night (I thought she was dying on me) so we went to the vet and there you have it.

We’re going to make this last year of her life beyond good. Extra walks, rib eyes off the grill, lots of raw hides. She will want for nothing and can do anything she wants. All rules are off.

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    So sorry to here. My Blue Tick Coonhound is 15 and dreading the time when it comes. New car and everything else means nothing when ya get news like that. Your new Lexus looks awesome!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Terribly sorry to hear about this awful diagnosis given to your family member. I hope your remaining time together is extra special. Again, sorry to hear the news.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Beautiful dog!

112j47i3ho5p.jpg
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Sorry to hear of the bad news. Make that time count. Plus 6-12 mths that's like 3.5 to 7 years for them. Again make it count!!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2019
    Awful news. I am sure you have given that beautiful pup a great life and will continue to do so. Nothing said can take the pain away but know that we all will be sending good vibes your way.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited May 2019
    So sorry to hear this. My chihuaha will be 13 next month and, although healthy, he has started to have some coughing fits lately which I need to have checked out. He is my best buddy in the world and I know how hard it will be when that moment comes which we all dread. The time goes by so fast. All the best to you and your buddy!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Sorry man. I know how tough it is.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Horrible news... my prayers for the dog, and for you and the family.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Heart breaking news, Are pets are our family and some of the best friends you can ever have!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    LB ... literally, mans best friend

Cherish the remaining moments.
    Above all .... smother her in all that makes her happy
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    So sorry. Not much can beat the unconditional love of a dog. Hang in there.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    Sorry to hear about your friend.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    edited May 2019
    So sorry to hear. The furry friends are members of the family. It has hurt every time I have lost a pet. It never gets any easier. The memories are priceless.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Sorry to hear this, always tough, be strong, enjoy what time you have. Spoil her even more now.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Very sad news. As long as you make her happy and comfortable while cherishing the time you left together, take solace in the fact that you've given her a wonderful life and she can cross the rainbow bridge in peace when that day comes.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    :'(:'(:'(:'(
    My Condolences
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited June 2019
    That's horrible news, I'm very sorry to hear about her sickness. Based on your reaction, I'm sure you have given her lots of love in the past and will in her last months as that is all you can do. Dogs never it seems live long enough considering how much unconditional love they give us in return. We're on our 5th one, and will never forget the other four and how much love they gave us.

I sure hope dogs really do go to heaven as they would make it an even better place.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Sorry to hear that. Beautiful dog. Losing my last dog crushed me too. Prayers to you and your family.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Well, congrat's on the engagement and new car, Jason. Bittersweet with the news of your sweet one. Please allow me to offer you my sincerest condolences regarding the recent news and condition of LB.

I like the "all rules are off thing". We did the same for our beloved Vizla and pampered her immensely for her last days. I too, cried like a baby when we were forced to put her down. They truly are like family.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~