Bad day today

Comments

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Thanks all, so very much appreciated. Slept on the downstairs couch last night so she wouldnt try the stairs on her anesthesia legs. She’s in good spirits and is happy to be home.

And apologies Tom, I haven’t gotten your speakers out yet, been wrapped up with this other stuff. Aiming to hit the UPS store this afternoon.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    No worries man. I can see your plate is full.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Sorry to hear!

I'm in a similar boat right now with my dog, Ava.

Even though you know your time is coming to an end, it's tough watching them decline...
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Man bro, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I like the all rules off. We did that with our last dog 35 years ago. Neither my brother or I have had a dog ever since. It just hurt us both too much.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Wow, very sorry to hear. They are definitely part of the family...sincerest condolences through these tough times.
  • jflail2
    A quick LB update. Girlfriend came in town to spend the night last night and brought her german shepherd with her. Really raised LB’s spirits and it was good to see the girls dog go easy as soon as she realized LB wasn’t feeling super. Still weak in the back legs, but Im hoping that’s just all the medicine she’s on. The steroids have her drinking a ton of water every day, and shes had a couple accidents in the dining room so we have a carpet cleaner and some puppy pads being delivered tomorrow. She’s also LOVING the no rules rule. We split a slice of pie every day after work, and she can beg from the table all she wants. I’m still incredibly sad, but also bound and determined to give her a ridiculously good ending. I havent made a surgery vs just radiation decision yet. Gonna have to really sit and meditate on that for a while, but I’m leaning towards surgery at this point bc she seems happy and mobile other than her stoner back legs. Thanks again for the kind words all. Even just typing this out has been a bit theraputic.

• starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Wow, so sorry to hear of this :( Our furry friends mean so much to us that it is unfair their lifespan is so short...my cat Chloe lived to be 21..i had her all but about 4 months of her life and it was STILL way too short a time...sigh...yes, spoil her rotten..let her bite a mailman or two :)
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited June 2019
    Surgery vs. Radiation should be weighed very carefully against the damage each will do for her remaining time. At her age, and IMHO, both options are not very good, given they will only add months , and may also subtract from the good time she has left.

I went through this with a couple pets and determined that it was best to show them a fantastic time until they could no longer enjoy the little things, and then just hold their paws in my hand as we said goodbye....

I know how very hard this is, and offer up my humble prayers for your furry companion and your family.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jflail2
    Thanks so much John. You've hit the nail on the head. I can't stop weighing the pros and cons. Thankfully my girl works at a cancer hospital, so she has a ton of experience with exactly this. We talked about it some last night but I think we're going to hash it all out this weekend and go from there. Palliative care is certainly something we're considering. God this sucks.

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    John makes a good point and I hope whatever you decide will work out for the best it can be. For us, the biggest problem we have to deal with at this stage(more times than i care to recall) is that our 4 legged friends can't tell us how they feel or what their choice is. She's lucky to have such love.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • jflail2
    Agreed Bob. The girl and I have chatted a LOT about this lately, and I'm leaning more and more towards not doing the surgery. I think we may just put her on medicine, show her a wonderful ending, and then deal with the worst when that time comes. I actually said to her last night that I'd pay a good $5k just to have 2 minutes to speak to my baby. I'd tell her sorry for everything I ever came up short on, and let her know she's the best. I'd also ask her what she wants me to do..........but alas, I am stuck going with my gut. I appreciate it man, this has been really hard.

• nooshinjohn
    Your gut will always get it right...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    I am so sorry. These are some of the toughest days.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Beautiful pups; we made the same grueling decision a few years ago. Never easy but rest well whatever way you decide. The only thing that matters is that you have that gorgeous pups best interest at heart no matter which way you go. You’ve provided him with the best possible life and he has rewarded you with the most unconditional love. Keep giving it back and as hard as it will be when the time comes you know you’ve done your absolute best.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    So sorry to hear this. Great looking dog.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited June 2019
    Man I just look at those pics and cannot help but get a bit emotional.

Our precious Tina (teacup yorkie) took her last breath in my arms a few years ago, I remember it vividly to this day. The Mrs sobbing, I'm sobbing, Tina gasping, and finally watching her let go.

My heart goes out to your and your precious doggie! Hang in there doggie!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    I hurt for you. Enjoy the time you have with LB!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • jflail2
    Sadly, LB passed away today at 5:10PM. We had a palliative care vet come to the house so she could pass where she was comfortable and with loved ones surrounding her. I may have other dogs in my life but I’ll never have another one as good as her. Rest in peace LB, dad loves you.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    My condolences
  • jflail2
    9wlojuefpqfx.jpeg
    two0dyuugunq.jpeg

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Very sorry for you loss. LB is in Heaven now. Take care brother.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    So Sorry.
    When you’ve had a great dog they are always in your heart.
    We got a dog right after we got married she lived 16 years. Best dog ever.
    I have her great great great grandson currently. There are a lot of similarities between them but I still miss her.
    Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    So sorry for your loss.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • They are like people I know. So sorry for your loss.
    We have a 4 pack and my 14 year old Buddy is losing the use of his back legs and it is so sad.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    So sorry for your loss.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • nooshinjohn
    Tonight I will raise a glass for your lost pup, and share a bit more love with the two I have at home. Prayers for you and family...