Bad day today

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited September 2019
    dolbyd wrote: »
    So Sorry.
    When you’ve had a great dog they are always in your heart.
    We got a dog right after we got married she lived 16 years. Best dog ever.
    I have her great great great grandson currently. There are a lot of similarities between them but I still miss her.

How true that is!
    I bred a line of dogs for years. There were many that had great traits of the first but none had the whole package like the original but I loved them all.
    God I still miss that dog <3

Sadly after marriage and children time and money was few and far between before I knew the line was gone. The last few lived long great lives and I miss them all.

My Chester (avatar) has been a great friend and loyal companion he and I have been through thick and thin.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited September 2019
    I'm really not an emotional person but just giving thought about my best friend dying starts to tear me up.

I'm honestly very sorry for your loss. Rest in paradise LB.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Dogs are awesome. Totally devoted, never stop loving you or trying to make you happy.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Thanks all, much appreciated. I’m going to get another mastiff when it’s time, but I need some thinking time first. Maybe early-mid next year. Man’s best friend indeed. First time in years I’ve woken up without that wrinkly, smiley face.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Sorry for your loss.
    Randy/Maine
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Very sorry man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • So sorry. May your pain be eased with great memories.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    So sorry to hear this.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Well, I just got the “It’s time” conversation from our Vet...

She is rapidly losing weight and is not able to enjoy her life at this point. 12 years she has been a perfect dog.

Next week this baby will join your pup:

7peqxhvi6hpt.jpeg

This will be the final weekend of being spoiled rotten and trying to pay her back for 12 amazing years...
  • pitdogg2
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Sorry to hear this. It is a sad and stressful time. I had to carry my first dog into the vet as she could no longer stand up, and that still bothers me when I think of it. However, I would suggest getting another dog soon. It will make you feel a lot better. Good luck.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Upstatemax
    av6hbcmlc6cq.jpeg

The final steak for Ava.

What an amazing dog she has been. I’m just thankful that she has been with me and my family for 12 years.

Tomorrow morning is going to crush my soul...
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    So sorry to hear. It's some of the worst pain in life to go through. Prayers for you and your family.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Oh man, every time I read one of these threads, just got back to this one, and my heart becomes heavy.

I'm so sorry, and saddened, for you and your beloved doggie! I often think about our little Yorkie that died in my arms a few years ago. The anguish you will go through, but joy in knowing what a great life she had with her best friends.

Take care, and my deep condolences.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • BDT
    BDT Posts: 212
    So sorry to hear this!,
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2019
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited October 2019
    Our thoughts are with ya man. So sorry to hear.
    We let our Xena rest about a month ago. 9pc96vrhy0jv.jpg
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    So very sorry to hear; today will suck but rest well knowing you gave Ava the best possible life and she returned the unconditional love. Dogs are simply the best. My sincere thoughts and condolences are with you and your family.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Dogs are awesome. Death is terrible. Grace and peace be with you.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    My heart aches for you all. I've heard that "Heaven is the place where all your pets come running to greet you"
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Very sorry to hear about Ava, just remember the good times with her.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Sorry to hear that Max, but kudos for doing it right at the end. We had many a ribeye her last few weeks. The hardest part is them not being able to tell you how they feel, what they want, etc. Act with love and kindness and you’ll get it right, no matter how difficult the decision.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Oh man.... so glad to see this was a good post! I love Dobbies. Miss my childhood Rambo!

If I had more property I'd have a Dobbie, German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, and a Giant Snouser.
  • pitdogg2
    Dog fight in 3,2,1
    :D:D:D
    CH46E wrote: »

If I had more property I'd have a Dobbie, German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, and a Giant Snouser.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    That's awesome man!

Sorry for the ignorance, but what's up with the little guy's ears?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Looking good @Upstatemax ! Congrats! Not familiar with Dobermans, but is that ear cropping I see? :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    Beautiful dog. Congrats. Sorry about your loss. I just read it
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    That's awesome man!

Yes the ears have been cropped.
  • Upstatemax
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    That's awesome man!

His ears were cropped and are now posted. That’s how a Dobermann’s ears stand up.