FR1 Soundbar Wont Power On

Comments

• kmartic
    kmartic Posts: 1
    Same issue as most. Bought my sound bar from dish worked a shot time and quit. Let it sit out of frustration but decided to check into it. Called Polk out of warranty so no help other than to sell me a new one. Where is this great customer service everyone is speaking of.
  • chops1of1
    chops1of1 Posts: 1
    I’m having the same issue with my sound bar. Had it for 4 months now the power won’t turn on. No lights at all will show up on the front of it
  • Hi I got my soundbar a while back and haven't used it in a bit but when I tried to power it on again theres just one white light and no sound. I've tried many times to get it working but it won't. Please help
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Hi I got my soundbar a while back and haven't used it in a bit but when I tried to power it on again theres just one white light and no sound. I've tried many times to get it working but it won't. Please help

Call Polk Customer Service.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• I'm so upset. I LOVED my FR1 soundbar and customer service was no help and the 2bd gentleman was not nice. It has been more than a year since purchased and it stopped working, no lights or anything. I call and the 1st gentleman says he's connecting me to the warranty department so when "connected with warranty" he asks if I tried a different plug, well of course I had. Anyway he asks again how long since purchased and I asked what department he worked with and his reply was Polk, I said no what department his reply Polk and this point I'm not happy haven been lied to and asked such a question that was arghhh but I say I'm supposed to be talking with warranty to go over the options I have and he ACTUALLY SAYS Well we offer products to customers that the warranty has run out. Seriously! I mean I get to buy the product again at full price! I wasn't expecting one for free but a discount maybe or at least someone who was considerate and not a smart*##
    I miss my soundbar and would still recommend the product but customer service not so much.
  • My sound bar will not turn on idk what to do with out it. Its like life i unhooked it and try to turn it nack on it not working plz help
  • Hello,

I seem to be having the same issue as everyone else.
  • I know I am late to the party but it seems I have the same problem as many other owners of this model. I bought this FR1 soundbar & sub package in late 2018. About three weeks ago the sub just stopped powering on. I called the 800# to see if there was a way to troubleshoot the issue but apparently there isn't one. I was told this pairing was discontinued "several years ago" which kind of irked me to hear since the pair I own are only about 18 months old. I never played music through this system and kept the volume way below the max at all times. They were not abused. I have a pair of Polk Audio tower speakers that date back to the late 1990's and still work great. I've had Polk car stereo speakers twice and the last set was pushing 15 years old at the time I traded in the car. I know the warranty is out of date on this FR1 system for sure but I am still disappointed. Polk Audio set a pretty high standard based on all my other ownership experiences. I expected way more than 18 months out of this subwoofer package. I guess it is time to switch to a different brand.
  • Project57
    Project57 Posts: 1
    Hello,
    So In line with some of the above customers. Sound was fine until I unplugged it to paint and when plugged back in no power from the bar. Woofer tries to sync and goes to red. I have power from TV as when I unplug the sound bar there is a red glow on plug. Would appreciate any help in getting my sound back.
  • I have been having the same issue as the group. This was my 2nd Polk soundbar that I bought through DISH but DISH directed me to Polk to deal with the issue that my soundbar will not power on. Correct that, the power receptacle is having issues as the power light will come on for a second or two until you let go of the power cord. Doing some additional research it appears people have found an issue in the electronic connections inside the speaker. I am planning to call Polk tomorrow, really sad that my original POLK soundbar that is >5 years old works great and my newer one is DOA. I hope POLK customer service is as good as some of the folks here have stated. Fingers crossed.
  • POLK team -- it's 5:33pm ET on Tuesday 12/15/20 and your customer support line is now closed. The recording indicates that your hours are between 11am and 6pm ET. How is it that a call at 5:33 gets a recording an immediately hangs up? Also, I called at 4:21 and spoke with a customer service representative but, after attempting to trouble shoot my problem, the representative went silent and never returned (20 minutes I waited). Despite the fact that the representative asked for my phone number, I never received a call back.
    What is going on with your customer service and is there any chance you can or will assist with the issues I'm having with your FR1 soundbar?
    It is unusable as it does not power on.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    chasnmil wrote: »
    POLK team -- it's 5:33pm ET on Tuesday 12/15/20 and your customer support line is now closed. The recording indicates that your hours are between 11am and 6pm ET. How is it that a call at 5:33 gets a recording an immediately hangs up? Also, I called at 4:21 and spoke with a customer service representative but, after attempting to trouble shoot my problem, the representative went silent and never returned (20 minutes I waited). Despite the fact that the representative asked for my phone number, I never received a call back.
    What is going on with your customer service and is there any chance you can or will assist with the issues I'm having with your FR1 soundbar?
    It is unusable as it does not power on.

This is a user forum, not Polk CS. @KennethSwauger , can you help out?
  • I'll send your email address to Polk's head of Customer Service.
  • Mgonz
    Mgonz Posts: 3
    My Command Bar just stopped working. I triple-checked the power supply, that's not the issue. Went to the forums. Nothing seems to work. The subwoofer seems ok. The Bar is essentially dead, not charging, not functioning at all. I called 1-800-377-7655 but was on hold for over 30 mins. Wrote an email to customer service.. awaiting response.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,453
    Let us know when you get a response from Polk.
  • Mgonz
    edited May 2021
    Polk CS never responded to my email, so I called back. This time only a 10 min wait to speak to "Larry" who indicated the command bar has only a 1-yr warranty. He did not even try to offer up an explanation let alone other options. I asked if this could be related to the motherboard, he said sounds like it. I have a functional subwoofer and a soundbar that's gone. At any rate, disappointing subpar quality and disappointing CS experience. Highly unlikely that I will buy another Polk audio product
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Let me bring this to the attention of a friend at Polk, I'm sure he'll help.
  • Mgonz
    @SeleniumFalcon, thank you. Everyone - to set the record straight: soon after the above happened, Customer Service from SoundUnited (owns Polk Audio among others) reached out and sent me a replacement bar, which just arrived. It's been a hard few weeks without deep music and rich movie sound, but Sound United turned this around. I remain a Polk Audio customer.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    That's great, I'm glad things worked out well.
  • mshumph
    mshumph Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem. Unplugged FR1Soundbar and moved to a different TV. It now won’t power on. Purchased from Dish several years ago. Used sporadically. Where can I purchase a replacement ac/dc adapter and power supply? I’m assuming this is the issue. I really need my soundbar on this TV.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Telephone 1-800-377-7655 and follow prompts to parts department.
  • dctmvinny
    dctmvinny Posts: 2
    Same issue, customer support on the phone line is very rude, they do not even respond to your queries patiently. Is this a known issue with Polk Command bars? I will never recommend this product to anyone again ever, cannot reach the customer service again. I was simply hard disconnected when trying to reach them again. Anyone, is it possible that I could be helped with getting a replacement as mine should still be in warranty as it went into dead state in less than 8 months. I'm really upset with the polk customer service and their product. I have no option but to throw this product into trash as I am really upset with the way I am being treated as a customer through their helplines.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    I'll forward your contact information to a friend at Polk, I'm sure he'll send you an email.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    I believe he has sent you an email?
  • dctmvinny
    dctmvinny Posts: 2
    edited July 2021
    @SeleniumFalcon - Yes, he did send me an email and I'm expecting to receive the replacement today from Sound United. I can't thank you and Kim @ sound united enough, for your quick turnaround and help in getting the issue resolved. I would say to anyone trying to reach polk that do not waste your time to connect to a representative, those agents are extremely rude and do not value your business. Simply reach @SeleniumFalcon and you will have your issue resolved.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    I'm glad you were able to sort things out, glad to be of help. Take care and enjoy!
  • I have a DSB1 SOUND BAR SYSTEM and it will not turn on at all, no lights, nothing. I tried calling Polk Audio and was unable to reach anyone. I tried emailing also but have not heard back from anyone. My sound bar is only 9 months old, does anyone know a better way to get in contact with Polk so I can get my sound bar replaced?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Telephone 1-800-377-7655 and follow prompts to parts department.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• I'll forward this to a friend at Polk.
  • Thank you F1nut & SeleniumFalcon for your help! Polk emailed me today and asked for my information so they can send me a replacement soundbar! So awesome of Polk!