Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Unfortunately that is not out if the ballpark for those.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Very nice, I bet I would like those. Nice find.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Congrats Tony on the nice score.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Just finished another member's set of frozen drivers. If you need yours reset, just shout.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Are you sure you have room for them? Are you married?
    Good luck. I bet they will sound awesome.
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Just finished another member's set of frozen drivers. If you need yours reset, just shout.

I definitely would want these reset.

I'll PM you now. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Wow Tony! Nice grab sir! I'm very excited for you, especially when it's a great deal! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    well the tweeters work great. One woofer works for now. The second free moving woofer in the one cabinet is MIA. I direct wired it and nothing.

I think I read MW6600 on it's label. So I need a fresh one of those too.

I thought the speaker was bright and I know why. I forgot to hook up the other speaker to listen to the frozen woofers to see if they're trying to make sound.

BUT...I did get a hint of these speakers sound signature. And I liked it. :p:D

I can imagine monitor 10 but clearer I think.

They're indoors now and another project to put on my list of speakers that need attention and cross-over work needs.

It was fun this afternoon, as always, when I bring a new set of speakers home and listen to their sound signatures. Tons of fun! :p It keeps the blood flowing too! ;)
  • pitdogg2
    edited May 2019
    I know a guy..... mw6600

Those labels are black instead of the white we are accustomed to
  • Tony M
    Do you ? :D

I need to speak to him if in fact this mid-woofer is that #. ;)
  • pitdogg2
    edited May 2019
    That should be the correct one for those. They shared the mw6600 with SDA1's A and Signature for a time
    It is why I've always thought the mw6600 and mw6501 were the same driver.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Altec 9442A power amp for $150 https://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/d/hendersonville-altec-9442a-amplifier/6882189895.html
    xrlqd98b7ehw.jpg
    These seem to be considered sleepers among certain folks. Anyone here have experience with them?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    It's just a 500 mile drive from you Verb... go get it! :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    It's just a 500 mile drive from you Verb... go get it! :p;)

I'm at my quota. For now! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
  • pitdogg2
    verb wrote: »

All bets are off now someone bid. I'd love pair of those. Bet they go for more than 1200.00. I'll be suprised if they didn't. I'd send them directly to Roland or Sunfire(maybe)to get a complete rehab.
  • verb
    I was thinking about ya Ivan when I seen these. A set went for 19 hundie a while back if you recall. Funny the listing says $1175 buy it now, but no BIN button.
  • Tony M
    edited May 2019
    I was thinking about ya Ivan when I seen these. A set went for 19 hundie a while back if you recall. Funny the listing says $1175 buy it now, but no BIN button.

The "buy-it-now" disappears when somebody places a bid. ;) The seller had a 900.00 "bid starting point" I'm sure.
  • verb
    Yep Tony, but I have it in my watchlist and this still appears:
    ihaevii80qe5.png
  • Tony M
    edited May 2019
    That is weird. Can you "refresh your watch list" link to those amps?

I don't see the 1175.00 BIN price when I click on the ad. :#
  • verb
    Same deal Tony. The "I'd like to..." button allows you to contact the seller. I wonder if you tried that and offered the BIN price, they may accept.

@pitdogg2 give it a go Ivan! :smile:
  • pitdogg2
    edited May 2019
    ihaevii80qe5.png

It is not and was not a BIN when I looked. Standard procedure is it goes away after first bid.
    It is strange you still see it.

Yea I wish Dave....
  • nooshinjohn
    Those amps are well regarded for their power, but no much else. They are more hype because they were said to be voiced to sound like the mega buck tube amps, but they are not even close, and they don't sound as good as a Pioneer Elite from around the same timeframe.

• pitdogg2
    I'd love to have a pair because they're "iconic" more than use day in and out. No they do not sound anything like the silver seven tubes. I've heard both, the tubes are like liquid music to my ears at the time. Heck now i may very well think differently about them. I mean shoot the TFM series had just come out so what was that late 80's early 90's?
  • verb
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    ihaevii80qe5.png

It is not and was not a BIN when I looked. Standard procedure is it goes away after first bid.
    It is strange you still see it.

Yea I wish Dave....

Congrats Ivan! :smile:
    fz3or92j9089.png
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    McIntosh MC2205 Amp, McIntosh MR78 and more. Estate Sale starting today, Thursday at 10 AM. No affiliation.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/gms/d/marietta-rockin-east-cobb-estate-sale/6895262486.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.