Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• NhpennNhpenn Posts: 56
    The Texas Goodwills put out some pretty decent gear

Audio Research DAC - https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/63849818
    SVS Sub - https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/63722898
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,270
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    What the heck is going on with the one driver on this speaker?

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/atq/d/raleigh-2-vintage-polk-audio-speakers/6818016338.html

2e4p5951ek57.jpg

Ha! The Borg! Resistance is futile!
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
    Can someone buy this thing for me? I'll mow your lawn to help pay it off...

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/d/portland-the-wave-by-manley-labs-tube/6816379664.html
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 2,158
    Anyone recognize these? Owner apparently doesn't know what they are. The tweeter reminds me of something but I can't remember what.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/ele/d/tyro-vintage-speaker-boxes-original/6812994555.html

ha1s63umqbt8.jpg
    HT - Pio Elite SC-63, Nuance Spatial 3S, Spatial Cen S, FXi50 surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Samsung UBD-M7500, Roku Premier, Furez 12-2.
    Bedroom - Sony STR DN850, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS300 center, Furez 10/2, Roku Ultra
    Generic something or others... The foam surrounds appear to be completely gone.
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    HT - Pio Elite SC-63, Nuance Spatial 3S, Spatial Cen S, FXi50 surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Samsung UBD-M7500, Roku Premier, Furez 12-2.
    Bedroom - Sony STR DN850, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS300 center, Furez 10/2, Roku Ultra
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,584
    edited February 13
    The clear mid/woofer is reminiscent of early Mission speakers/Infinity speakers... both of which made, and make, great speakers. The tweeter also looks similar to the earlier version of my Missions tweeter... I'm gonna guess they are Mission 737 Renaissances, in repainted/rebuilt cabinets.
    xmhrpxdcvmea.jpg
    If that is what they are, I'd give them a go at $80... Great drivers and it seems like Mission cabinets come up for sale fairly commonly (which is odd, as the fully assembled speakers are pretty rare.)
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1152 preamp and 4452 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,274
    They'll need new surrounds though. add 20+ to the cost.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    The clear mid/woofer is reminiscent of early Mission speakers/Infinity speakers... both of which made, and make, great speakers. The tweeter also looks similar to the earlier version of my Missions tweeter... I'm gonna guess they are Mission 737 Renaissances, in repainted/rebuilt cabinets.
    xmhrpxdcvmea.jpg
    If that is what they are, I'd give them a go at $80... Great drivers and it seems like Mission cabinets come up for sale fairly commonly (which is odd, as the fully assembled speakers are pretty rare.)

You are right, that's what the tweeters reminded me of. Never heard them, but have seen them for sale a lot.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,584
    Tony M wrote: »
    They'll need new surrounds though. add 20+ to the cost.

You're right, in which case, my post above is wrong. All Missions ('cept the babies of the line, the 70s) had rubber surrounds.
    Not Tom or Trey or Jim just Micah
    KEF Q150s, NAD 1152 preamp and 4452 tuner courtesy of DaddyJT, NAD C352 playing power amp, BJC Belden cables, Technics SL3200, Marantz CD6004 courtesy of Clipdat, Salamander Archetype rack, Millenium Falcon :)
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,686
    Not sure if this is a deal or not, but nice Adcom pre/amp combo and Infinity RS-IIIb speakers:

https://pennstate.craigslist.org/ele/d/philipsburg-adcom-amp-infinity-speakers/6815739418.html
  • fastz28fastz28 Posts: 647
    Nhpenn wrote: »
    The Texas Goodwills put out some pretty decent gear

Audio Research DAC - https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/63849818
    SVS Sub - https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/63722898

bidding on that dac
    polk 10bs--- prodigy hd2 modded Burson Audio opamps
    dcm time windows ---- parasound pre amp
    TDQ-1600 Broadcast Reference Tuner -- yamaha cd s700
    yamaha px-3 zu 103 cat2 --- audioquest ic sidewinders
    carver 1.5t--- audioquest cv-8 speaker cables
    ps audio 200cx--- ps audio phono pre amp
    sunfire sig 625 audio research sp-14
    audio research dac 7 klipsch rf -7111
    music hall Ikura carver m500t mk2 modded
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,579
    scubalab wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a deal or not, but nice Adcom pre/amp combo and Infinity RS-IIIb speakers:

https://pennstate.craigslist.org/ele/d/philipsburg-adcom-amp-infinity-speakers/6815739418.html

The combo isn't a bad price, 555s are going for 400 on the Bay, so add the RS3b and pre, their asking price isn't off course, especially if the kids are still in good shape.
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,490
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
    Picking these up tonight. Not sure what he means about the driver, but hopefully it's fixable. If not, the rest of the set is more than worth the price.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/d/huntersville-paradigm-speaker-set/6818900112.html
    ^^^^ Wow! Smoking deal!
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 3,579
    Picking these up tonight. Not sure what he means about the driver, but hopefully it's fixable. If not, the rest of the set is more than worth the price.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/d/huntersville-paradigm-speaker-set/6818900112.html

Pics when you get them in.
    FestYboy wrote: »

Pics when you get them in.

Very nice guy selling them. Moving to Virginia Beach. He bought them new. Mixed bag with the condition. The sub has pretty serious scratches. You can't take the grills off the towers (I think they are Phantom V2) or the bookies, so I couldn't see what was rattling inside the one tower. Definitely something laying loose inside. There's a bunch of screws to remove on the back to get at the inside, so that's a job for the weekend.

The bookies and center are very nice shape, looking forward to trying them out.

I have a separated shoulder (long story involving a German Shepard and a fence) so I can lift the sub out of the trunk, but the rest is in the house.

ab6ns335rscn.jpg
    cbhsc132k5cg.jpg
    zyux66t3t354.jpg
    ki2xr8lgcj0c.jpg
    aws4jsdu86u8.jpg
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,814
    A little separated shoulder never stops me... suck it up butter cup.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

I'm going to wait for Russ to stop by and help me with it.
    Found the rattle in the tower. Tweeter was completely loose and hitting the mid driver. Screw holes stripped do I just turned it and screwed it in between the other holes. Need to test, but I think it's fine.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,453
    Looks like the deal keeps getting better and better.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,397

I'm going to wait for Russ to stop by and help me with it.

I'm in town Jim. Whatcha need? Head across the creek and come on by.
    Found the rattle in the tower. Tweeter was completely loose and hitting the mid driver. Screw holes stripped do I just turned it and screwed it in between the other holes. Need to test, but I think it's fine.

Unfortunately, finally got to test them and the tweeter is toast.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,703
    :'( :'(
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,814
    Unfortunately, finally got to test them and the tweeter is toast.

0l6hb90xefpf.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,898
    Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

Den: Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,

Living Room:,T+A PA 1530R, Tyler Highland H2, Aries Mini, High Fidelity Reveal RCA, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11, W4S recovery, Wireworld Platinum Starlight, PS Audio Direct Stream JR.

Gotta love it when taxes are due or tax returns come in! Those are some sweet deals! Wish I was closer...
    Home System:
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t