Lone Star Audio Fest 2019

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    I will be there with most of my 2 channel rig and my friend Joel who is a LSAF virgin and a cable non-believer.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I will be there with most of my 2 channel rig and my friend Joel who is a LSAF virgin and a cable non-believer.

we will have get his cable intervention on :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    your welcome to my couch Sunday Marvin! we normally stay up late Sunday listening to music.

Last year Norman, Mike & Barry and myself were still rocking past midnight. as we started in Mike room and finished in my room. Gunny had slipped off to bed.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Me and one of my techs

I believe this is where all the mischief at LSAF starts. Many like to lay it on Russ, but, I'm thinking its the Eddie Haskell like shenanigans of this guy that starts most of it. :)
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Me and one of my techs

I believe this is where all the mischief at LSAF starts. Many like to lay it on Russ, but, I'm thinking its the Eddie Haskell like shenanigans of this guy that starts most of it. :)

“You can check out any time you like,
    But you can never leave!”
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • marvda1
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited April 2019
    John and I talked last night and I want to publicly apologize for my reaction. This forum is not the place I want to act like that. No place is really, but, here with you fine folks especially.

Russ, you're a good man...I don't care what everyone else says about you. Thank you for reaching out and setting me straight.

You are good people Kelly. I am not one that is particularly good with conveying my thoughts with typed words at times. In an environment such as this, it can lead to misunderstandings. My apologies as well.

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    @txcoastal1

How many Sombreros are you planning on bringing lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • marvda1
    @txcoastal1

and i'm not going to the store with him this time to pick them out :D
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    marvda1 wrote: »
    @txcoastal1

and i'm not going to the store with him this time to pick them out :D

That was for Cinco de Mayo on Saturday
    I won’t be attending Sunday May 5th

Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited April 2019
    John and I talked last night and I want to publicly apologize for my reaction. This forum is not the place I want to act like that. No place is really, but, here with you fine folks especially.

Russ, you're a good man...I don't care what everyone else says about you. Thank you for reaching out and setting me straight.

You are good people Kelly. I am not one that is particularly good with conveying my thoughts with typed words at times. In an environment such as this, it can lead to misunderstandings. My apologies as well.

It's Kerry, you dingleberry....
  • nooshinjohn
    lightman1 wrote: »

It's Kerry, you dingleberry....

Sorry Kerry... and SHUT UP Russell!!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • marvda1
    i don't think we have ever gone to whataburger for lunch. a texas tradition, don't need no stinking in & out.
    Puritan PSM156
  • txcoastal1
    i don't think we have ever gone to whataburger for lunch. a texas tradition, don't need no stinking in & out.

If you can’t order bacon and/or jalapeños on a burger... the burger joint isn’t for me...In/Out doesn’t offer either

• nooshinjohn

If you can’t order bacon and/or jalapeños on a burger... the burger joint isn’t for me...In/Out doesn’t offer either

Chili is a must have as well...

• marvda1
    Puritan PSM156
  • marvda1
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    I be Daer on Tursday PM...

Lawd hep Y'All...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    In an unfortunate turn of events, I may not be making it during the day on Friday now. Maybe late afternoon but probably not the whole day as I originally planned. :(
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • voltz
    ^^^^^
    If you get a chance look me up I looking forward still to meeting you!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• voltz
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I be Daer on Tursday PM...

Lawd hep Y'All...

Tom

You must be getting in late Thursday then? Well stop by the room if you get a chance I maybe able to offer you a drink and a bite to Eat if needed. ever had a Bierock?

• marvda1
    In an unfortunate turn of events, I may not be making it during the day on Friday now. Maybe late afternoon but probably not the whole day as I originally planned. :(

plenty of time, ends 3 am sat. :D
    Puritan PSM156
  • treitz3
    voltz wrote: »
    You must be getting in late Thursday then? Well stop by the room if you get a chance I maybe able to offer you a drink and a bite to Eat if needed. ever had a Bierock?
    Should be landing after business hours and after traffic dies down by the time I get the rental car, I'll be heading to the hotel.

Bierock? No sir. What be dat?

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Leaving the DSM around 6am on Thursday and should be hitting the DFW around 6-7pm.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • treitz3
    edited April 2019
    DO NOT threaten us!!!!

Do you need a ride? I should be getting there at or around the same time. A stop by the liquor store is in order for myself before the hotel.

BTW, what in the hell is the Hotel's address? We need to know where in the F we are going!!??!!??

Beauller, Beauller.....Beauller?

Tom
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    edited April 2019

plenty of time, ends 3 am sat. :D
    Figured I might try to swing by Thursday and/or Friday night too if people are around.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    It's down yonder a spell.
  • marvda1
    treitz3 wrote: »
    DO NOT threaten us!!!!

Do you need a ride? I should be getting there at or around the same time. A stop by the liquor store is in order for myself before the hotel.

BTW, what in the hell is the Hotel's address? We need to know where in the F we are going!!??!!??

Beauller, Beauller.....Beauller?

Tom

embassy suites park central
    Phone: (972) 234-3300
    Address: 13131 N Central Expy,
    Dallas, TX 75243
    Puritan PSM156