Lone Star Audio Fest 2019

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Russ is bringing these... The line forms outside his room at 7;30pm and goes til sun-up!

r6wgtdbnth4x.jpg

With or without spurs?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    He's into pain... what do you think?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Y’all keep it up and he might get scared off..
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Wait a minute......people drink at these events?

Tom

Now when I was hanging out with Tom he had a glass of water in his right hand and he believe in staying hydrated. But I do believe he had a bottle of Vodka in the other!

Smart Drinker B)

2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Tequila....and I agree. Spoken from decades of bountiful experience.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • voltz
    At LSAF I always do my room to room listening experience sober. the drinker is for later.

I have enjoyed doing the room to room with Marvin, Russ, Dennis, Ron & Tom. After Talking to Skip about music we like and why we like it I wish Skip could get free enough to do the Room to room. I would love to see what you think of all the different setups and what you liked about them and what fell short etc...

But I understand why you don't get the free time to do what the rest of us have come to love about it.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    voltz wrote: »

Tom

Now when I was hanging out with Tom he had a glass of water in his right hand and he believe in staying hydrated. But I do believe he had a bottle of Vodka in the other!

Smart Drinker B)

He had you fooled. They were BOTH vodka.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2019
    DSkip wrote: »
    No drinker is a smart drinker. That's why they're all dumb***es once they get a few down.

A smart drinker recognizes the purpose of a drink is to enjoy it and understands the potency of what is being consumed. He treats his beverage as something that must be respected for what it is and therefore never consumes in excess, especially when there is the potential for harm to come to others or himself. At the first hint of that limit being reached, he will put his glass down and walk away from it.

Those that cannot exercise that level of control around alcohol, should never touch it to begin with.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • voltz
    Last Year was a rough year for you and I totally understand.

If you get a chance to sneak out take my with you o:)

• nooshinjohn
    I know... but with rampant alcoholism in my family tree, I had to live by what I posted above. I thought it might apply to others as well.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Bottoms up ditches... :D
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Shut up Ivan...
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2019
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Shut up Ivan...
    LOOK!!!! GOAT!!!! :p

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I know... but with rampant alcoholism in my family tree, I had to live by what I posted above. I thought it might apply to others as well.

Alcoholism is a disease manifested by a physical allergy. A check of the AMA will confirm. Has absolutely ZERO to do with control or will power.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2019
    kharp1 wrote: »

Alcoholism is a disease manifested by a physical allergy. A check of the AMA will confirm. Has absolutely ZERO to do with control or will power.

I guess that would make AA a complete failure, as control and willpower are not something one could expect to possess. It is also something that is hereditary.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251

Tom

Smart Drinker B)

No drinker is a smart drinker. That's why they're all dumb***es once they get a few down.

I don’t know about that. While I have made expensive audio purchases after a few beers they have turned out to be good moves. Plus the music sounds so much better when relaxed. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 wrote: »

I guess that would make AA a complete failure, as control and willpower are not something one could expect to possess. It is also something that is hereditary.

AA has been one of the few methods proven successful in dealing with alcoholism. What inane point do you want to try and argue here, John?

What do you know about AA?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2019
    How about 9 members of my family that attend meetings all the time. It used to be an even dozen, but liver disease got two of them and a tree and a truck got another.

I don't want to argue with anyone, but it does beg the question as to why for two weeks in a row now you are going above and beyond to start one with me. I have no beef with you, and don't want there to be one.

• voltz
    edited April 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »

Tom

Smart Drinker B)

I don’t know about that. While I have made expensive audio purchases after a few beers they have turned out to be good moves. Plus the music sounds so much better when relaxed. :)

sure you do LOL it called Denial :p

Trust me I been there and done that ;)

• kharp1
    I, as a recovering alcoholic, take umbrage when people misspeak about AA and alcoholism in general. Its misleading and potentially dangerous. Knowing alcoholics, by no stretch, makes you knowledgeable about the disease or the program of AA.
    That's like trying to describe a Kiss concert without ever seeing one, to quote Jimmy Buffett.

Speaking of begging questions, you seem to be the only person that jumps in and starts to run his mouth as an expert in all areas. I don't seem to have this issue with anyone else. You, however, do seem to. Which one is the constant here?

• nooshinjohn
    Never claimed I was an expert. I only offered, given the family tree, the ethos I live by when it comes to alcohol and nothing more. I commend you for your sobriety, and apologize if my words offend, but I tend to think that you are giving them more weight than they should carry.

• BlueFox

Tom

Smart Drinker B)

Not sure what you ramble response to my post is saying, but it makes no sense. I only drink on Friday/Saturday night. However, next Tuesday is my last day to work, so every night after that is Friday night. :)

However, the older I get the less I drink, so I doubt if I will change that schedule much. Maybe I might also add Tuesday night to that schedule. Will have to see how it works out over the next month.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • voltz
    edited April 2019

Tom

Smart Drinker B)

Not sure what you ramble response to my post is saying, but it makes no sense. I only drink on Friday/Saturday night. However, next Tuesday is my last day to work, so every night after that is Friday night. :)

However, the older I get the less I drink, so I doubt if I will change that schedule much. Maybe I might also add Tuesday night to that schedule. Will have to see how it works out over the next month.

sorry blue. it was a stupid joke, thought you could see thru it.. my bad.. won't happen again ..you know AA denial etc.. no? forgive me I do not throw insult at others ..it was a mistake to think it would rub you wrong! please forgive me!

• BlueFox
    No problem. It sometimes is hard to understand what a post means. Enjoy. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    .....threads like this are what drive some people to drink in the first place.

Jeez-O Flip! Can we get past this and start posting about the LSAF coming up in less than a week?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • kharp1
    John and I talked last night and I want to publicly apologize for my reaction. This forum is not the place I want to act like that. No place is really, but, here with you fine folks especially.

Russ, you're a good man...I don't care what everyone else says about you. Thank you for reaching out and setting me straight.
  • treitz3
    Okay, thanks gentlemen.

Do we have a tally on who's coming this year? I am getting plane tickets today. I just confirmed I have the green light to go.

Tom
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Me and one of my techs
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Sweet, Ron. I thought you were not going to make it this year. Good news!

Tom
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    you know i'll be there, although i had jury duty friday and the judge didn't show so they told us to come back monday :s

ron, your employee will lose all respect for you :D

i'll be there thursday night, go back home then check in the hotel fri and sat.
    voltz, mey need a couch sunday night :D
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156