Went Retro on a Client but new

2»

Comments

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    $4k a pair is far from pricey by modern loudspeaker standards, I'd opine.

Says the man how acquired most of his audio equipment from dumpster diving... :p

What can we say, me and ole Steve are cheap bastages :p

Ju cheap fargon bastiges!!😝😂
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I haven't found a pair of LS50s on the side of the road... yet.
    Thus my disclaimer "by modern loudspeaker standards".
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    I heard the jbl100 last year at Axpona. I thought they sounded darn good.

This year i heard the new klipsch forte. They sounded good in that room. I was pleasantly surprised
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    i was actually shocked how good the JL100's are
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited April 2019
    My original L100s bought new from Linda Soundtrak in '76 were the brown grills. Enjoyed them with my Marantz 1060 that my dad gave me for my 16th birthday. Lots of time on them while under the influence......[url="http://"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbP50p-beew[/url]
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    mantis wrote: »
    i was actually shocked how good the JL100's are

Check out the forte III. That one will suprise you as well.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,116
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm just glad they picked a "sensible" grill color. Some of the colors are right out of the 1970's acid trip.

Come on dude, not digging the orange grilles? Far out man! :smile:
    vv45yh5enqx3.png

Umm nope .... too close to the orange sunshine I'M REAL FAMILIAR WITH !!

Did someone just drop a tab??? Oh wait, I mean the drink man....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    I was thinking they looked more like the Fresca type...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson