Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    you're alive lol
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    He's alive!! And not banned!

Haha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Finally put the MITavt1 biwires back in after using my home made weaved ones......winner....Mit hands down.Absoulutely no comparison.
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    edited March 2019
    Gday Sean @ptrooper
    As they say here in the forum. Pics or it never happened ;):D
  • VR3
    Good stuff,
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    man you have some nice cylinders!!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    They're exhibitionists too. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • honestaquarian
    Oy such naked pawrts!😲😬
  • ptrooper
    Moved from the official fish room to new location. Tv to be mounted between piers in the future.d3melsx9bo1j.jpeg
  • VR3
    Looks great!
  • honestaquarian
    He's got a Sunfire!!!! B)

High Fives all the way around Sean o:)
    Kinda makes me miss my CRS's.
    Just a quick suggestion. Move them a little further apart. About a foot should do nicely.
  • ptrooper
    edited April 2019
    Yes,another sunfire sig . :p .Three recapped 2 x 625 signatures in the theatre room and this little 5 x 405 Sig that i just just bought via ebay which for some reason the seller kept refunding me ,i believe i trapped a Troll,I ended up paying for it 5 times until he finally got the message via ebay regs & rules.LMAO i had to wait untill the sellers credit card cleared before he could pay for the shipping ... double lmao.
    .They don't come around here down under very ofter, not forgetting we are 220v-240 v at 60 hertz mains powers here ,this sunfire sig was around $3900 us i think but i have the reps prices here at $11000 aussie dollars in 2000 when we could also buy a house for around 80k-100k.That US dollar was 1 for 2 back then .
    I only use two channels on the crs as the Mits are biwire!,Maybe i'll go for two sets of stereo Mits down the line and use current source to the top end.
    I will try moving them further apart later in the future when i get past the fear of the higher than usual "bump location" .
    I get my 105d signature two from Joe Rasmussen JLTI in a week so the 105 returns to dac duty here and the 205 sig2 goes back into the theatre room.
    Believe me when i say they still sound amazing close together.
    Thanks again to Trey <3 em
  • honestaquarian
    @ptrooper You have the same Sunfire Cinema grand Signature that I have. When I installed Trey's crossovers in my 3.1's and the impedance dropped, the Sunfire didn't even blink. 810 wpc I believe into 4 ohms yes?
    I cannot recommend using both the "Voltage" and "Current" outputs if your speakers are now bi-wire capable. "Voltage on the low end and "Current" on the high end.

Btw according to research being able to hear proper stereo depends on the speakers being at least three feet apart.
  • pitdogg2
    I cannot recommend using both the "Voltage" and "Current" outputs if your speakers are now bi-wire capable. "Voltage on the low end and "Current" on the high end.

I believe that was in fact recommended by Sunfire.

• ptrooper
    I have now moved each speaker 3 inch's further apart and now have 3 feet between them.
    I would definitely recommend current to top end and voltage to lower end .....i have heard them this way and it is sweet as!
    honestaquarian .....please do try, i bet your smile will get bigger!
  • honestaquarian
    @ptrooper @pitdogg2 My apologies as I didn't complete that sentence and that thought.
    What I meant to say was that I cannot recommend using the "Voltage" and "Current" outputs if your speakers are now bi-wire capable highly enough!!!

I am doing it with my 3.1's and have been all along even before the upgrades were done.

Got to proofread before I hit post comment!!

I definitely also recommend doing a serious upgrade to your MIT cables.
    I have the MH-750+ cables and I upgraded to the Shotgun S1's and S3's.
    I heard an improvement.
    Then I got another pair of S1's and heard an improvement when I swapped them out for the S3's
  • ptrooper
    All good....These Mit cables were given to me with a set of SRS's that i purchased a while ago,I use them as rears and Trey bombed them for me, they were also apparently won by a contestant on"sale of the century"in the mid 80's here in Australia..
    In the very near future i will be replacing my theatre mains cables >:) and then these reference transparent biwires with mm2 will be on the CRS's , i know..biwires so only two channels, we'll see .I will also have reference xl mm2 balanced from oppo 105D to amp.
    I want it all now Momy.
    :'(
  • ptrooper
    @la2vegas Sorry, just read your question..they'r not original stands, pretty much copied Larry's master piece's but a little taller
  • cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    edited April 2019
    great job guys @vr3 @ptrooper per, I became a big fan of Claritcap... I wonder how the CMR compare to the CSA.
  • VR3
    Csa is no where close to the cmr, imo. The csa is a great cap but the cmr/Mr line is simply incredible, imo. Incredibly transparent
  • cortico
    VR3 wrote: »
    Csa is no where close to the cmr, imo. The csa is a great cap but the cmr/Mr line is simply incredible, imo. Incredibly transparent

Thanks, I need to try the CMR.
  • pitdogg2
    cortico wrote: »
    VR3 wrote: »

Thanks, I need to try the CMR.

You'll need lots of space they're yuuuge
    Lol

I wish i had the coin to try, I've heard no one say they were disappointed with them.
  • cortico
    edited April 2019
    I see the pretty hefty price tag as well, $80 for the 6.8uf 400v rate. The CSA which is one bracket below costs $10... I can only imagine that the top of the line has to be much superior
  • ptrooper
    edited April 2019
    I had them built as i am a mere plumber/gas fitter :) I then filled them with lead shot so they are very heavy not to mention the extra weight of the x overs which shifted the crs's into into the heavy weight devision :p
    la2vegas wrote: »
    ptrooper wrote: »
    @la2vegas Sorry, just read your question..they'r not original stands, pretty much copied Larry's master piece's but a little taller

No worries. Did you build them yourself, or did you source them out?

Post edited by ptrooper on
  • pitdogg2
    cortico wrote: »
    I see the pretty hefty price tag as well, $80 for the 6.8uf 400v rate. The CSA which is one bracket below costs $10... I can only imagine that the top of the line has to be much superior

Yea too bad they didn't make a 200v version. I'm sure that wouldn't bring the price down much, but they would be much smaller.
  • VR3
    Actually, the copper connect is most effective on larger caps. The copper connect is the copper lattice tied to the lead. Just a fwiw, that's why you won't find some smaller. Values below 620v